Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

59B7E12C-9963-429C-9144-09C75191D33A.jpg

Elfwatch.
    Substantial 3 page cameo in Children of the Atom today, playing pool with the Grey-Summers, Ororo and Logan.
    Vita might have been feeding me pure catnip...

Good to see Kurt appear other than that darn council table for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Good to see Kurt appear other than that darn council table for once.
    Yep, and playing pool with some of his best friends to boot.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yep, and playing pool with some of his best friends to boot.

Just felt like keeping in theme.

Of course in the last panel if I remember correctly Kurt tells Scott not to be so hard on himself in the next.

More in the theme of friendship. Wolverine almost kills Nightcrawler after he just returns from the dead. These are Kurt's profound words.

Nightcrawler and Cap (as in Britain I).

Another wonderful new cover! NC looks like early Bachelo with Sam Keith hands.

It’s a cracking cover, I love the way Kurt is looking at the floating baby with an air of ‘oh, yeah, just what I need on top of a hangover...’

F5410C7A-DD41-457E-948F-B991A18454AC.jpg

Hi all, long time no chat. I popped in to see what Crawler's up to these days. I'm stoked for Way of X but lamenting that it starts in April, since everything in my life starts in April as well while in March I have absolutely nothing to do xD

I have only read bits and pieces of X-books since Hickman came on scene, mostly I liked what I read, but I feel so much distance, like I don't really know characters I've known since I was a kid. But as we get deeper into it, I'm getting more intrigued, so at some point maybe I'll go back and read what I missed.

Before that, I didn't like any book Nightcrawler was in since Extraordinary, I think. Extraordinary was the last one I liked and even that was sort of "mm, sure, I like it" rather than a huzzah or anything. I was alright with Gold at the beginning but it totally lost me, and Red... Red was a total snooze. :P

The way Spurrier talks about what he wants to do with Way of X really does pique my interest, though. And I like how he talks about Kurt as well. And, again, I've been enjoying what bits of the new books I get around to. I like that X-men is like an overall concept again rather than random teams doing random unrelated stories and coming together only for big crossover events where it's the biggest hitters who get the spotlight and everyone else just gets standard one-liners and cameos...

so yeah, I just came to say HI and apparently had more to say than I thought lol. Fingers crossed that 2021 is a good year for Nightcrawler and X-books in general!

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    Hi all, long time no chat. I popped in to see what Crawler's up to these days. I'm stoked for Way of X but lamenting that it starts in April, since everything in my life starts in April as well while in March I have absolutely nothing to do xD

I have only read bits and pieces of X-books since Hickman came on scene, mostly I liked what I read, but I feel so much distance, like I don't really know characters I've known since I was a kid. But as we get deeper into it, I'm getting more intrigued, so at some point maybe I'll go back and read what I missed.

Before that, I didn't like any book Nightcrawler was in since Extraordinary, I think. Extraordinary was the last one I liked and even that was sort of "mm, sure, I like it" rather than a huzzah or anything. I was alright with Gold at the beginning but it totally lost me, and Red... Red was a total snooze. :P

The way Spurrier talks about what he wants to do with Way of X really does pique my interest, though. And I like how he talks about Kurt as well. And, again, I've been enjoying what bits of the new books I get around to. I like that X-men is like an overall concept again rather than random teams doing random unrelated stories and coming together only for big crossover events where it's the biggest hitters who get the spotlight and everyone else just gets standard one-liners and cameos...

so yeah, I just came to say HI and apparently had more to say than I thought lol. Fingers crossed that 2021 is a good year for Nightcrawler and X-books in general!
    Welcome back!
    I’m so hoping that Way of X lives up to Si’s interviews.
    Have you seen this one? He makes it so interesting, I’d want to read it even if Kurt wasn’t involved.

https://www.cbr.com/way-of-x-simon-spurrier-interview/

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/01/x-...rier-way-of-x/

There are so many things about the new status quo which you could work into stories and Kurt will be in the middle of it.

Yup I've read both of those. Spurrier definitely knows how to catch my attention. The first time I read the top one, when I got to Nightcrawler "has an endless capacity to be conflicted" I was rolling with laughter. Bahaha. Sometimes the way they talk about Way of X makes it seem like a mystery novel - which is kinda par for the course with Nightcrawler books, he is good at being stealthy. But then there's the addition of taking stock of things at home and honestly I'm seduced the most by the idea of Crawler looking around and taking a step back and making his own decisions.

He's the kind of character who is always SAID to be someone who can lead as well as follow, but he often follows. And when they decide to let him be a rebel - we get something like in Civil War II where he surprises us by siding with someone other than his friends, but his reasoning is vague/hard to get on board with. Or it's like way back in Second Coming where he was all "I'm not into this" to Cyclops and was just told "Suck it up" and then died before he could do anything about what he didn't like. Then he's resurrected and, I'll admit, I didn't really want to see a new tiff over an old subject, but at the same time, "Nightcrawler's angry = nothing happens" pretty much just leads to his convictions looking petty, like he doesn't really fight for them. To be clear, I'm not REALLY trying to complain here, it's just something I've often felt whenever we're told "Nightcrawler's relevant in this story" and he just like, gets a sense of foreboding and then is shot and goes MIA or something...

So I feel seduced by Way of X, but I do need results from it Of any sort.

I already read the X-Men Monday one , though it wasn't anywhere here on the forums like they usually are. I didn't read the other til now. Very interesting.

Found this variant cover that I never seen in an NC search, though the series wasn't a fave among Nightcrawler fans as I recall.

This is the cover of an upcoming Excalibur issue, I see Kurt helping Shaw and is that his outfit for the Gala? And is the guy in green Logan? Sort of looks like him. I don't know if Kurt is guesting or this was just meant to be a cool cover.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    This is the cover of an upcoming Excalibur issue, I see Kurt helping Shaw and is that his outfit for the Gala? And is the guy in green Logan? Sort of looks like him. I don't know if Kurt is guesting or this was just meant to be a cool cover.

The guy in green is Rictor.
    I think the artist drew this *before* they knew what Kurt would be wearing, as he only has a coat on over his normal costume. So I’m guessing he hadn’t seen the Way of X designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The guy in green is Rictor.
    I think the artist drew this *before* they knew what Kurt would be wearing, as he only has a coat on over his normal costume. So I’m guessing he hadn’t seen the Way of X designs.
    Kurt’ s pulling an ‘Emma’ and having a change of wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    That's interesting. I was very disappointed with Lemire's writting in Extraordinary. And X-Men Red was one of the few titles that I liked the past decade...