View Poll Results: Which Woman of Marvel is to be THE FIRST TO LEAD A SUPER HERO TEAM in the MCU?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super-human Susan Storm-Richards (Invisible Girl/Woman)

18 22.22%
  • Super-human Janet AVENGER van Dyne (Wasp)

10 12.35%
  • Mutant Jean Grey (Marvel Girl/Phoenix)

12 14.81%
  • Mutant Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch)

19 23.46%
  • Peak Human (Black Widow)

3 3.70%
  • Inhuman Medusalith Amaquelin-Boltagon (Queen Medusa)

4 4.94%
  • Inhuman Crystalia Amaquelin-Maximoff (Crystal)

4 4.94%
  • Cyborg Mercedes "Misty" Knight (Daughter of the Dragon)

4 4.94%
  • Mutant Ororo Munroe (Storm)

31 38.27%
  • Mutant Lorna Dane (Polaris)

7 8.64%
  • Super-human Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel/Binary/Warbird)

12 14.81%
  • Mutant Xi'an Coy Manh (Karma)

6 7.41%
  • Battle-suited Human Heather McNeil-Hudson (Guardian/Vindicator)

2 2.47%
  • Super-human Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel)

13 16.05%
  • Other Woman of Marvel

12 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe outdated is a harsh word but I've never seen mich characterization aside from being someone's wife or mother. Imo, the female Avengers all evolved from just being attached to male characters and having their own adventures. I'd rather see any of them lead a team in the MCU

Referring to her powers, I'm saying invisibility is a better power for a secret agent or even a reporter. I'm not even sure what Sue's job is. I haven't read her SHIELD stuff, but maybe that'll change my mind.

Look, I just don't like the F4 and I'm not looking forward to them in the MCU. And while I agree no character has to be boring, I've never seen anyone do anything interesting with her yer.
    Her solo is only 5 issues and is pretty fun. She's married but that's not all there is to the character, she has grown exponentially from her early days.

Invisibility is a power that's useful in many situations not just espionage roles. And even then I think that would make the stories boring if that power is only limited to those type of stories. The range of adventures the FF have enbles her to use that power in cool and interesting ways.

You don't enjoy the FF, it is what it is. But to say the character should never be in a leadership role because you personally don't enjoy them is a bit insulting for those that do enjoy her. There are characters I personally don't like but I wouldn't say things like that because they have their fans who deserve to see their faves get some shine.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Her solo is only 5 issues and is pretty fun. She's married but that's not all there is to the character, she has grown exponentially from her early days.

Invisibility is a power that's useful in many situations not just espionage roles. And even then I think that would make the stories boring if that power is only limited to those type of stories. The range of adventures the FF have enbles her to use that power in cool and interesting ways.

You don't enjoy the FF, it is what it is. But to say the character should never be in a leadership role because you personally don't enjoy them is a bit insulting for those that do enjoy her. There are characters I personally don't like but I wouldn't say things like that because they have their fans who deserve to see their faves get some shine.
    I guess I haven't seen her change as much as other Silver Age heroines. I still don't know what her main drive as a person is.

You're right about invisibility being a multifaceted power, I'm just saying it's odd none of the main spies in Marvel I know of don't use it.

I'm not trying to insult anyone who likes her. But she's had several chances to shine in the movies. Other heroines, like Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Wasp, either haven't really yet or are just now getting their chances. I'd rather the MCU focus on those characters first.

I still hope MCU is objectively good and their fans enjy it

I guess I haven't seen her change as much as other Silver Age heroines. I still don't know what her main drive as a person is.

You're right about invisibility being a multifaceted power, I'm just saying it's odd none of the main spies in Marvel I know of don't use it.

I'm not trying to insult anyone who likes her. But she's had several chances to shine in the movies. Other heroines, like Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Wasp, either haven't really yet or are just now getting their chances. I'd rather the MCU focus on those characters first.

I still hope MCU is objectively good and their fans enjy it
    Those films were under a different studio that had no idea how to handle the team and the films sucked as a result. They already are focusing on those you mentioned, they'll just be giving Sue done focus too. It won't take away from the others, there's plenty to go around.

Ultimate Member

Those films were under a different studio that had no idea how to handle the team and the films sucked as a result. They already are focusing on those you mentioned, they'll just be giving Sue done focus too. It won't take away from the others, there's plenty to go around.
    That's true, those movies weren't good. But I don't think the first two were that far off from some versions of Sue.

In a vacuum, the MCU has unlimited resources, but them putting a priority on the F4 in the real world could mean other characters may not get a chance to shine. Plus, Feige said he wanted more diversity, which is a plus for me, and I don't see how this team helps that

That's true, those movies weren't good. But I don't think the first two were that far off from some versions of Sue.

In a vacuum, the MCU has unlimited resources, but them putting a priority on the F4 in the real world could mean other characters may not get a chance to shine. Plus, Feige said he wanted more diversity, which is a plus for me, and I don't see how this team helps that
    That version of Sue was awful and the director literally told the actress to "cry prettier" not to mention the times she had to get naked to the Invisible, something comics Sue never had to do. It was just trash.

Here's a great video on the Fantastic Four, it's long so I wouldn't hold it against anyone not willing to watch such a lengthy vid:

Sue's part is at the 12:24 mark

Your second point is hypothetical. There will always be some character that's "missing out" because of another. The fact is they want to use the FF for a reason. If they were trash characters then Marcel wouldn't even look twice at them.
    On diversity, look at the Eternals. It's going to be Marvels most diverse film to date and their comic counterparts were completely cis, white and straight. The may do something similar with the FF.

Ultimate Member

That version of Sue was awful and the director literally told the actress to "cry prettier" not to mention the times she had to get naked to the Invisible, something comics Sue never had to do. It was just trash.

Here's a great video on the Fantastic Four, it's long so I wouldn't hold it against anyone not willing to watch such a lengthy vid:

Sue's part is at the 12:24 mark
    yeah, I agree she wasn't treated well at all. I hated the whole "take her clothes off" thing. I'm talking more about her whole obsession with domestic life thing Sue had in some comics.

Your second point is hypothetical. There will always be some character that's "missing out" because of another. The fact is they want to use the FF for a reason. If they were trash characters then Marcel wouldn't even look twice at them.
    On diversity, look at the Eternals. It's going to be Marvels most diverse film to date and their comic counterparts were completely cis, white and straight. The may do something similar with the FF.
    I realize it's a hypothetical. I don't think they're trash characters, but I don't see what they have to offer, and they kinda annoy me. I also get they can change their ethnicities but I'd rather have a character who's diverse in the comics. Rebooting the same all-white family doesn't seem as interesting to me anymore, especially next to all the exciting new characters and shows coming up.

yeah, I agree she wasn't treated well at all. I hated the whole "take her clothes off" thing. I'm talking more about her whole obsession with domestic life thing Sue had in some comics.

I realize it's a hypothetical. I don't think they're trash characters, but I don't see what they have to offer, and they kinda annoy me. I also get they can change their ethnicities but I'd rather have a character who's diverse in the comics. Rebooting the same all-white family doesn't seem as interesting to me anymore, especially next to all the exciting new characters and shows coming up.
    Key word is "some stories". Those are rare stories where Sue about the domestic life and they are from the silver age where every Marvel heroine was written poorly. Even then it wasn't to the point where the character was so selfish that they prioritized their own wedding over the fate of the world like in the films. And she was never temporarily killed off for drama like the films did.
    It's a trait she no longer has, you said other female heroes have developed and so has Sue. A film basing traits of the silver age version is misrepresenting the character and how much they've grown.

You're gonna like what you like, but they are more than just some white family. They are a found family to begin with and one that goes on crazy adventures, something that none of the previous films did. That alone excites me.

Ultimate Member

Key word is "some stories". Those are rare stories where Sue about the domestic life and they are from the silver age where every Marvel heroine was written poorly. Even then it wasn't to the point where the character was so selfish that they prioritized their own wedding over the fate of the world like in the films. And she was never temporarily killed off for drama like the films did.
    It's a trait she no longer has, you said other female heroes have developed and so has Sue. A film basing traits of the silver age version is misrepresenting the character and how much they've grown.

You're gonna like what you like, but they are more than just some white family. They are a found family to begin with and one that goes on crazy adventures, something that none of the previous films did. That alone excites me.
    It's true, she has evolved. I just don't really know what defines her as a character. Reed is a scientist and an explorer of great renown. What defines her? Heroines like Carol, Wanda and Janet have much more definition to me

I wish I could like their adventures but Reed comes off as a jerk and a terrible husband and friend at times.

The thing about the Avengers and the X-Men is they evolve and bring in new characters. Even Spider-Man is doing it. Look how popular characters like Miles and Kamala have become. If you don't like some team members, yhere are always others. Whereas F4 is mostly the same group over and over again.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

It's true, she has evolved. I just don't really know what defines her as a character. Reed is a scientist and an explorer of great renown. What defines her? Heroines like Carol, Wanda and Janet have much more definition to me

I wish I could like their adventures but Reed comes off as a jerk and a terrible husband and friend at times.

The thing about the Avengers and the X-Men is they evolve and bring in new characters. Even Spider-Man is doing it. Look how popular characters like Miles and Kamala have become. If you don't like some team members, yhere are always others. Whereas F4 is mostly the same group over and over again.
    Sue missing a goal, career or something that defines her is something I agree with. But that is not the fault of the character but the writers. Carol was in a similar position until she became Captain Marvel and was given direction. With the FF the problem is that every writer has been male and most just want to see off the original Lee/Kirby run, this leaves Sue neglected a lot of the time. For example the current run by Dan Slott has done nothing with her and it's been 3 years.

The problem is also one she shares with Johnny and Ben(to a lesser extent) as the bulk of stories unfortunately focus on Reed.

However, this is an easy fix all you need is one writer wanting to develop her in an interesting way and that problem is solved. A psoitive is that there are many avenues you can take the character.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Sue missing a goal, career or something that defines her is something I agree with. But that is not the fault of the character but the writers. Carol was in a similar position until she became Captain Marvel and was given direction. With the FF the problem is that every writer has been male and most just want to see off the original Lee/Kirby run, this leaves Sue neglected a lot of the time. For example the current run by Dan Slott has done nothing with her and it's been 3 years.

The problem is also one she shares with Johnny and Ben(to a lesser extent) as the bulk of stories unfortunately focus on Reed.

However, this is an easy fix all you need is one writer wanting to develop her in an interesting way and that problem is solved. A psoitive is that there are many avenues you can take the character.
    I agree on that. Reed takes too much focus. I'm ambivalent towards Sue at best but I can't stand Reed.

I kinda feel put off when people call Captain Marvel bland but somehow like invisible Woman. To me Carol was bland in the movie, but it was leagues ahead of any movie portrayal of Sue.

Sue not having a job or purpose is kinda why I called her outdated. Heroines need to be defined by more than just their male counterparts

BANNED

Terrific consolation to have marvel character Kamala debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in place of marvel character Reed Richards Mr. Fantastic!

Gotta put-down them white guys y'all!

BANNED

Cool Uncanny X-Men # 186 in 60 seconds!

Storm stays with Forge while she comes to term with the loss of her powers; Professor X searches for
    the missing X-Men; The Dire Wraiths begin their attack on Earth; Rogue wants revenge on Val Cooper.

BANNED

The comicbook character Storm was to have punched the comicbook character Henry Gyrich instead of the comicbook character Forge..
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Henry Gyrich plans to go mutant-hunting using Forge's power neutralizer; Rachel feels the familial
    pains of this reality; Mystique questions where her loyalties lie and Storm and Rogue have a heart to heart.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Terrific consolation to have marvel character Kamala debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in place of marvel character Reed Richards Mr. Fantastic!

Gotta put-down them white guys y'all!
    Isn't she more likeable anyway?