Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So this was made https://www.cbr.com/marvel-inhumans-like-mutants/ I put a reply yesterday, and left it. Came back today and it was removed, had to retype everything, but this time I took pics to see if I didn't click it right, nope it got removed.

This is what I put:

Ok Misael how about doing any form of research.

10) How many books did the X-men have at that time?
    Well there was Extraordinary X-Men, All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, and if you count Deadpool there is Deadpool, plus Deadpool & the Mercs for Money.

Inhumans have Uncanny Inhumans, All-New Inhumans, Karnak, and if you count them Ms. Marvel, plus Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

X-Men = 5 (7)
    Inhumans = 3 (5)

9) Can't even count Wolverine since he has that old man version, WHICH YOU CAN READ!

8) The word Uncanny has been around since 1906, but hey let's say first come first serve right.
    Uncanny X-men #1 came out 1978.
    But the Inhumans first book came out 1975 with the title "the most UNCANNY heroes of all", other books have also called them the Uncanny Inhumans.

7) Yes they had not shown up in a lot of other books because they weren't as involved with the rest of earth, but they always planned on it. The staus quo makes sense for them to as well Attilan destroyed rebult as New Attilan with no moving means, plus with the Cloud bringing out New Inhumans, and later on the M-pox of course they just wouldn't leave.

6) Again they are settled, and no they aren't running an intergalactic empire now.

5) The idea of Inhumans not living in Attilan has happened in the past, the biggest being the Bird People first seen in Red Raven #1, later getting this revealed in Thor annual 12.

4) This one is fair the removal was bad, though since it isn't them using an Inhuman to fill in the spots you are basically trying to create a connection.

3) No X-men were still in games, also you are basically putting it as "Marvel must have at least some X-men in everything", because while removing them from spots they were in is one thing, not adding them is fine if it makes sense.

2) Yes all fair.

1) People in the Marvel universe have always varied on what they fear, take old JJ and Spiderman. Before this there have been times the Inhumans are seen as a people the world governments want to negotiate, trade, and make alliances with. But then they will see them as freaks. Also please do tell me how many Mutant nations were the status quo before the Inhuman push, because unless that answer is zero people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Edit :Ok pictures are side ways you will have to download, but they should be in the correct time snap order.
    I can't believe these people are still writing divisive articles to alienate the inhumans. They're gaslighting X-Men fans for no reason except to get clicks. It's like they're rubbing salt on the wound. Whenever I look for inhumans stuff online, it's just articles like these and people saying the ABC show was sh*t. There's never any good news about them ever. I'm just waiting for an article announcing that they plan on making Ms. Marvel a human or a mutant, which given Marvel's track record, can easily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So this was made https://www.cbr.com/marvel-inhumans-like-mutants/ I put a reply yesterday, and left it. Came back today and it was removed, had to retype everything, but this time I took pics to see if I didn't click it right, nope it got removed.

This is what I put:

Ok Misael how about doing any form of research.

10) How many books did the X-men have at that time?
    Well there was Extraordinary X-Men, All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, and if you count Deadpool there is Deadpool, plus Deadpool & the Mercs for Money.

Inhumans have Uncanny Inhumans, All-New Inhumans, Karnak, and if you count them Ms. Marvel, plus Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

X-Men = 5 (7)
    Inhumans = 3 (5)

9) Can't even count Wolverine since he has that old man version, WHICH YOU CAN READ!

8) The word Uncanny has been around since 1906, but hey let's say first come first serve right.
    Uncanny X-men #1 came out 1978.
    But the Inhumans first book came out 1975 with the title "the most UNCANNY heroes of all", other books have also called them the Uncanny Inhumans.

7) Yes they had not shown up in a lot of other books because they weren't as involved with the rest of earth, but they always planned on it. The staus quo makes sense for them to as well Attilan destroyed rebult as New Attilan with no moving means, plus with the Cloud bringing out New Inhumans, and later on the M-pox of course they just wouldn't leave.

6) Again they are settled, and no they aren't running an intergalactic empire now.

5) The idea of Inhumans not living in Attilan has happened in the past, the biggest being the Bird People first seen in Red Raven #1, later getting this revealed in Thor annual 12.

4) This one is fair the removal was bad, though since it isn't them using an Inhuman to fill in the spots you are basically trying to create a connection.

3) No X-men were still in games, also you are basically putting it as "Marvel must have at least some X-men in everything", because while removing them from spots they were in is one thing, not adding them is fine if it makes sense.

2) Yes all fair.

1) People in the Marvel universe have always varied on what they fear, take old JJ and Spiderman. Before this there have been times the Inhumans are seen as a people the world governments want to negotiate, trade, and make alliances with. But then they will see them as freaks. Also please do tell me how many Mutant nations were the status quo before the Inhuman push, because unless that answer is zero people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Edit :Ok pictures are side ways you will have to download, but they should be in the correct time snap order.
    Another proof that the writers of CBR articles are more useless than politicians.

Actually the uncanny thing has been around even longer than that. This is from 1967. And I'm pretty sure it was used for the inhumans again before 1975.
    Last edited by mung; 01-24-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Honestly it feels odd that these kinds of articles are popping up again after 2-3 years of Inhumans being on the shelf. Almost feels like the rumors of their return inspired salty minds to try and raise anti-inhuman sentiment to make it look like people don't want them back. What purpose does an IvX article hold five years after the event. And to go as far as removing comments defending Inhumans too. I like how he says there was close to 100 nuhumans while linking to wiki page included alt universe versions, tripling the number. Or maybe there is 5 kamalas running around 616. Including the very popular narrative that wolverine and deadpool aren't x-characters when complaining about the number of books they have. I guess editorial forgot deadpool was owned by fox.
    Last edited by mung; 01-24-2021 at 05:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

There’s also the practical issue that on the off chance the Inhumans are showing up in Ms. Marvel; the comics side are sufficiently embittered towards the MCU that I see no reason to trust that the cosmic & X books won’t try salt the Earth a bit

And I found it. 1971. Amazing Adventures The Uncanny Inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Actually the uncanny thing has been around even longer than that. This is from 1967. And I'm pretty sure it was used for the inhumans again before 1975.
    Only about 2 years separate Inhumans creation from X-Men's. Inhumans were not intended to be their book, but within 10 years they had half a book, and so on. With various characters being seen elsewhere over the decades, starting with Triton in Sub-Mariner, Medusa in Spiderman, etc, etc. Crystal being an Avenger, they just kept building their profile.

They're not a threat to the X-Men - they're far above that and have always been!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Another proof that the writers of CBR articles are more useless than politicians.
    YES.

3 Refused To Acknowledge X-Men In Video Games
    Was that Marvel's choice or the HIGHER up that wanted to promote what Marvel had movie rights to?

4 Replaced The X-Men On Promotional Images & Clothing
    Yeah lets ignore Riri, Black Panther, Carol, GOTG and others who popped up in stuff after NOT being seen on it.

5 Created An Absurd Amount Of New Inhuman Characters

Since then, the Nuhumans were mostly forgotten, with Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl being one of the few standouts.
    Flint was on Agents of Shield as was Quake. Dante was in Marvel Rising as was Daisy.

Ms Marvel lasted over 50 issues excluding X-23-that is WAY longer than any female of color under X-Men banner and every female of color at DC.
    Moon Girl lasted 47. So that is TWO females of color who have had longer runs than ALL females of color.

They're not a threat to the X-Men - they're far above that and have always been!
    Understand something when you FEED crap to those who do NOT research for themselves-they are going to take that view point.

Did we not see it the last 4 years? What about the Gators?

Everybody KNOWS reason why all this happened-over MOVIE RIGHTS. That was all this was about.

The article mentions the ban being lifted. So why write this mess in the first place?

Ms Marvel is getting a SHOW as is Moon Girl. Like it or not they are coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YES.

Was that Marvel's choice or the HIGHER up that wanted to promote what Marvel had movie rights to?

Yeah lets ignore Riri, Black Panther, Carol, GOTG and others who popped up in stuff after NOT being seen on it.

Flint was on Agents of Shield as was Quake. Dante was in Marvel Rising as was Daisy.

Ms Marvel lasted over 50 issues excluding X-23-that is WAY longer than any female of color under X-Men banner and every female of color at DC.
    Moon Girl lasted 47. So that is TWO females of color who have had longer runs than ALL females of color.

Understand something when you FEED crap to those who do NOT research for themselves-they are going to take that view point.

Did we not see it the last 4 years? What about the Gators?

Everybody KNOWS reason why all this happened-over MOVIE RIGHTS. That was all this was about.

The article mentions the ban being lifted. So why write this mess in the first place?

Ms Marvel is getting a SHOW as is Moon Girl. Like it or not they are coming back.
    The X-Men were in Contest of Champions, Marvel Strike Force and Marvel Heroes Omega as far as video games go. The inhumans were absent in Marvel vs. Capcom. The Avengers video game has inhumans in it, and I doubt they were going to put mutants in a game were Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow... the Avengers were going to be the main characters. The Boltagons never appear in the game, and if they put mutants in it, Wolverine and the X-Men would be the main characters, not the Avengers.

The X-Men were also replaced by Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Iron Fist on a t-shirt, but Black Bolt appears in the Human Torch's place, so they blame it on the inhumans, even though they were replaced by the Netflix Defenders.

At the end of the day, the X-Men didn't actually go anywhere and had 5 movies, 2 tv shows with 2 seasons, video games, comics, and toys (Marvel Legends wave, Funko Pops, etc.) being made during this period, but they were over shadowed by the Avengers' popularity and the inhumans were easier targets to bully because if the X-fans went after the Avengers, they'd have more push back. The inhumans got guest appearances on some shows, were topic on Agents of Shield, a crappy network TV show, 2 action figures, 2 shared comic events, Inhumanity, an update in a mobile game, and that's pretty much it. I'm glad that inhumans like Kamala and Moongirl were able to prosper. Black Bolt winning an award goes to show that they have potential, but were bogged down by a toxic fandom.

You know what I never see. Complaints about the FF. A group that had no books. A group where the majority of the cast disappeared including side properties like future foundation. Where are the dozens of articles about how they got replaced by gotg or Ewing's Ultimates. At best they get a side mention in articles complaining about how the X-men were wronged.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    You know what I never see. Complaints about the FF. A group that had no books. A group where the majority of the cast disappeared including side properties like future foundation. Where are the dozens of articles about how they got replaced by gotg or Ewing's Ultimates. At best they get a side mention in articles complaining about how the X-men were wronged.
    Agreed. They actually got canceled and I never saw any articles about it. Even though Johnny and Ben were in other books, it wasn't the core family. Secret Wars was great, but the cancellation, inhumans style, and the failed movie was more drastic to a franchise in Marvel than any other.

Astonishing Member

Another thing is when anything does something like the X-men or Mutants many in that fan base yell about how others should stay in their own lane, but if the X corner of Marvel does anything more related to other books they are really silent about it.

Galaxies Wanderer

screenshot_2204.jpg
    finally something friendly, not from CBR though

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    screenshot_2204.jpg
    finally something friendly, not from CBR though
    How did they come to that conclusion? And why do they use that image of the inhumans? they never wore those costumes in comics and Lockjaw looks like a completely other dog.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    How did they come to that conclusion? And why do they use that image of the inhumans? they never wore those costumes in comics and Lockjaw looks like a completely other dog.
    ikr? and Gorgon looks like a big dwarf, but it's actually the image I see the most used around...

the theory is that Wanda will resurrect Pietro and that will create repercussions, one of which would be his relationship with Crystal.
    Considering her (Wanda) memories of him, she could bring him back "in a better time", as a married man

Being honest... its a really really small probability, but its good to see inhumans-friendly posts