Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Didn’t they retcon Carol into being an actual half-Kree out of nowhere just before her movie as well?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Didn’t they retcon Carol into being an actual half-Kree out of nowhere just before her movie as well?
    yep, they always toss out these last minute mins to capitalize on the MCU and change origins to what ever they think is going to happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    yep, they always toss out these last minute mins to capitalize on the MCU and change origins to what ever they think is going to happen.
    Which is ironic considering the MCU turned out to have Carol as a human and only swapped out the psych-magiton with the Tesseract, same as how Wanda turned out to be magic after all.

I suspect we won’t be as lucky with Kamala though

Astonishing Member

You know with these books just retconning stuff so bluntly, here is hope Death of the Inhumans meets that same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Which is ironic considering the MCU turned out to have Carol as a human and only swapped out the psych-magiton with the Tesseract, same as how Wanda turned out to be magic after all.

I suspect we won’t be as lucky with Kamala though
    Wanda's origin didn't retcon her being magic, just her being a mutant. Robinson's series explored her family heritage in detail and established that there is a history of women with magical powers in her bloodline.

In the case of Captain Marvel the change was less about making her Kree and more about trying to remove the distaff nature of her origin. The scene where they literally have her mom tell Carol that her powers were always her own and not given to her by Mar-Vell was extremely on the nose.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I'm still not convinced that's why they did it. I suspect it was a twist for comic book related reasons, not movie related reasons. Can anyone else think of another example that was preemptively done like that?

I suspect Margaret Stohl, Captain Marvel editorial, and possibly Joe Quesada wanted an origin for her powers that wasn't dependent on another male character being the protagonist. I also think they saw story potential in giving her a Kree family since they hadn't done much with her human family in quite some time. It also tied her to her mother who wasn't always the strongest of characters compared to her very domineering father. Honestly, the retcon reminds me a lot of the Wonder Woman retcon more than anything else and that obviously wasn't done for movie-related reasons.

Seriously, I haven't seen any evidence this was done because they thought the movie would do it beyond the initial speculation that they had inside knowledge of the movie, which was later amended to just that they guessed what the movie would do and got it wrong.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

To me, changing Kamala's origins are the wrong move. Her problem is her bland personality than how she got her powers. So I rather explore her personality better than add a confusing retcon. Her origin is simple, just keep it that way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

Be cool to have him back, a turning point for the Inhumans where there is a time flux and each time line has a make or break depending on their actions.

Was Luna ever shown to be the traitor? Was she adult at that time? What did she do?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was Luna ever shown to be the traitor? Was she adult at that time? What did she do?
    Nah. This was a Guardian of Galaxy tie-in to the Infinity Wars event that featured the Inhumans. It was when comics would start something and not finish (sometimes).

Oh. Thank you Force de Phenix.

Was any other Inhuman of the Future besides Talon shown?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh. Thank you Force de Phenix.

Was any other Inhuman of the Future besides Talon shown?
    I'll have to read it again to check!

I'll have to read it again to check!
    Thanks! I was curious to see who they were/what they looked like/what kind of power.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Nah. This was a Guardian of Galaxy tie-in to the Infinity Wars event that featured the Inhumans. It was when comics would start something and not finish (sometimes).
    Well I just finished reading it in Unlimited so thanks for the info! Fascinating that there was an Inhuman member of the original GotG. And I read the annuals as well to find out more about how the future Inhumans came to be subservient… and it turns out a certain race vs race conflict has a precedent in Marvel storytelling. Well, well.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES