Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah. I don't know how they will find a reason for people who were freed from a monarchical rule with the genetics counsel, to all of a sudden go back to it willingly. That was their whole point, and the fact that they thought there would no longer be Terrigenisis after they destroyed the cloud. But as you said, it comes down to the writer.
    Don't forget the end of the Monarchy came not because, the people rose up and ended the tyrants. It came from, an outsider saying I am now in charge let's end the crown. This could actually be a problem for the Attilian Inhumans who do love traditions, unlike the genetics council the Monarchy wasn't hated. Now if you feel a nation who ended a Monarchy wouldn't choose to bring them back, keep in mind there are real life examples of this

If you want a story, natives to Attilian waking up and going "we have lost much of our identity" now them becoming non-isolated happened after years of slow intergration, and then the attck by Thanos keeping them grounded since they had to fix problems that came from that. The cloud destruction was to save Mutant lives. But there was no reason to end the Monarchy and it was done basically by an outsider could cause resentment. Plus talk that Iso had been planting the idea of her becoming Medusa's heir starts to rise. That Iso would use her abilities to make their Queen not right in the head, infact all witnesses confirmed that it was her who spoke with Medusa right before she destroyed the cloud, and when Hydra invaded giving up without a fight. Eventually this causes enough unrest to start angry mobs who want Iso to step down and return power back to who they say is the true rulers. Arguments are made that Iso wants an elected leader she is giving up power, but people counter that this elected leader will be just a puppet like their Queen. The notion that she would use her powers on Medusa like that angers Iso, but to her oponents they say this is her true self a tyrant, if info of the current Chinese political system is brought up the idea she was really a spy sent to take over Attilian leads to an all out civil war.

I will stop there, but ya anger at the system Julias Ceaser was by the definition acting like a Dictator, but because what he was doing was well liked by the people, when the Senators killed him for the Republic they were the villains to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Oh I hope it is Attilan, maybe even a for a post credit scene. Still she did go to it before going to Pakistan so that does work better if trying to follow the comics more.
    It's confirmed that Red Dagger appears in the show, they cast an actor for him, so presumably they have to have scenes set in Pakistan.

Astonishing Member

Any Inhuman stuff for the Ms Marvel show (if they go with her being an Inhuman) would probably be more late-game stuff or set up for Kamala’s involvement with CM2

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Don't forget the end of the Monarchy came not because, the people rose up and ended the tyrants. It came from, an outsider saying I am now in charge let's end the crown. This could actually be a problem for the Attilian Inhumans who do love traditions, unlike the genetics council the Monarchy wasn't hated. Now if you feel a nation who ended a Monarchy wouldn't choose to bring them back, keep in mind there are real life examples of this

If you want a story, natives to Attilian waking up and going "we have lost much of our identity" now them becoming non-isolated happened after years of slow intergration, and then the attck by Thanos keeping them grounded since they had to fix problems that came from that. The cloud destruction was to save Mutant lives. But there was no reason to end the Monarchy and it was done basically by an outsider could cause resentment. Plus talk that Iso had been planting the idea of her becoming Medusa's heir starts to rise. That Iso would use her abilities to make their Queen not right in the head, infact all witnesses confirmed that it was her who spoke with Medusa right before she destroyed the cloud, and when Hydra invaded giving up without a fight. Eventually this causes enough unrest to start angry mobs who want Iso to step down and return power back to who they say is the true rulers. Arguments are made that Iso wants an elected leader she is giving up power, but people counter that this elected leader will be just a puppet like their Queen. The notion that she would use her powers on Medusa like that angers Iso, but to her oponents they say this is her true self a tyrant, if info of the current Chinese political system is brought up the idea she was really a spy sent to take over Attilian leads to an all out civil war.

I will stop there, but ya anger at the system Julias Ceaser was by the definition acting like a Dictator, but because what he was doing was well liked by the people, when the Senators killed him for the Republic they were the villains to them.
    They were supposedly to have elections afterwards. I think the Boltagons can be protectors of inhumans without being their rules/telling them to respect them because they are royal and that's it/living off the people's work. In the comic book world they do glorify monarchs like Black Panther, Namor, etc., but it would be counter productive since the Royal family decided change was the best way to move forward and allowed them to be emancipated from their old life to one that could lead to personal development. I just think that it was noble of the Boltagons to realize that a republic was better for their people, and to throw that away to go back to a status quo writers like because that's all they knew and want to back the false notion of a "Lunar Game of Thrones," when in reality the Boltagones were hermits that never wanted to conquer, colonize, and dominate other peoples, but preferred to be left alone, would be regressive in their character development. But it is Marvel, and they wouldn't want to rock the boat again after ANAD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    It's confirmed that Red Dagger appears in the show, they cast an actor for him, so presumably they have to have scenes set in Pakistan.
    Ah, right. Has it said how long they shot/ are shooting in Thailand for?

Astonishing Member

They were supposedly to have elections afterwards. I think the Boltagons can be protectors of inhumans without being their rules/telling them to respect them because they are royal and that's it/living off the people's work. In the comic book world they do glorify monarchs like Black Panther, Namor, etc., but it would be counter productive since the Royal family decided change was the best way to move forward and allowed them to be emancipated from their old life to one that could lead to personal development. I just think that it was noble of the Boltagons to realize that a republic was better for their people, and to throw that away to go back to a status quo writers like because that's all they knew and want to back the false notion of a "Lunar Game of Thrones," when in reality the Boltagones were hermits that never wanted to conquer, colonize, and dominate other peoples, but preferred to be left alone, would be regressive in their character development. But it is Marvel, and they wouldn't want to rock the boat again after ANAD.
    What are you talking about? You had asked why a nation would want a Monarchy again after being a republic. I then provided not only reasons but IN REAL LIFE EXAMPLES! You are now ignoring that and the other thing a story on why the Inhumans of Attilian would want it to say that the House of Agon ruling again would go against their development but news flash both this and the real life examples had where the people wanted a Monarchy. This isn't Black Bolt and Medusa storming the city and demanding a crown this is the citizens wanting it.

What are you talking about? You had asked why a nation would want a Monarchy again after being a republic. I then provided not only reasons but IN REAL LIFE EXAMPLES! You are now ignoring that and the other thing a story on why the Inhumans of Attilian would want it to say that the House of Agon ruling again would go against their development but news flash both this and the real life examples had where the people wanted a Monarchy. This isn't Black Bolt and Medusa storming the city and demanding a crown this is the citizens wanting it.
    I've lived with a country with an active monarchy and there are arguments for both, and the pro-monarchy arguments people have were always tied to nationalism for historic reasons. The argument against it is modernity and self governance even though many of those people are thankful to the monarchy for bringing them into the modern age. It's complicated. I get what you're saying, but few post-monarchical nations in the modern era have wanted to go back to the old system because it implies people to get paid to have power over you and that money not going to public institutions, and in some instances, override the public's will due to protocols.

In the comics world, it could see inhumans want Terrigenisis back, of course, and maybe some want Black Bolt back since they might see him as a messiah like in Dune.

One thing that bothers me is that the Boltagons got judged more than Nanit, Black Panther, etc. even after the Alpha Primitives were freed. The "beauty" of fiction, is that monarchies can still be romanticized.

Astonishing Member

I've lived with a country with an active monarchy and there are arguments for both, and the pro-monarchy arguments people have were always tied to nationalism for historic reasons. The argument against it is modernity and self governance even though many of those people are thankful to the monarchy for bringing them into the modern age. It's complicated. I get what you're saying, but few post-monarchical nations in the modern era have wanted to go back to the old system because it implies people to get paid to have power over you and that money not going to public institutions, and in some instances, override the public's will due to protocols.

In the comics world, it could see inhumans want Terrigenisis back, of course, and maybe some want Black Bolt back since they might see him as a messiah like in Dune.

One thing that bothers me is that the Boltagons got judged more than Nanit, Black Panther, etc. even after the Alpha Primitives were freed. The "beauty" of fiction, is that monarchies can still be romanticized.
    And I think I understand what you are trying to say, the main argument against Monarchy is that is it old. Can't deny that but Republics are also old. If it existed in BC era it is old. Unless you are saying this system doesn't work for a modern era, that the idea of a Crown makes the average persons life worse. Are you really saying the USA is doing better then the UK, or Canada, or Norway. They have low gun violence, Public health care, better lgbt rights, stricter enviromental laws, and a better outsider perspective. All those are under a Monarchy so please do tell me how they are failing in a Modern society.

Yes the House of Agon get's judged more, but that is linked to Inhuman hate, cause even Doom seems to be given a pass. No one was really crying tears of joy when Medusa stepped down. Speaking of that you didn't comment on the idea, could you see this as a story that could lead to a "Monarchy Restoration":

natives to Attilian waking up and going "we have lost much of our identity" now them becoming non-isolated happened after years of slow intergration, and then the attck by Thanos keeping them grounded since they had to fix problems that came from that. The cloud destruction was to save Mutant lives. But there was no reason to end the Monarchy and it was done basically by an outsider could cause resentment. Plus talk that Iso had been planting the idea of her becoming Medusa's heir starts to rise. That Iso would use her abilities to make their Queen not right in the head, infact all witnesses confirmed that it was her who spoke with Medusa right before she destroyed the cloud, and when Hydra invaded giving up without a fight. Eventually this causes enough unrest to start angry mobs who want Iso to step down and return power back to who they say is the true rulers. Arguments are made that Iso wants an elected leader she is giving up power, but people counter that this elected leader will be just a puppet like their Queen. The notion that she would use her powers on Medusa like that angers Iso, but to her oponents they say this is her true self a tyrant, if info of the current Chinese political system is brought up the idea she was really a spy sent to take over Attilian leads to an all out civil war.

BANNED

I mean it makes sense for inhuman to go back to their root in the F4 book anyway.

And I think I understand what you are trying to say, the main argument against Monarchy is that is it old. Can't deny that but Republics are also old. If it existed in BC era it is old. Unless you are saying this system doesn't work for a modern era, that the idea of a Crown makes the average persons life worse. Are you really saying the USA is doing better then the UK, or Canada, or Norway. They have low gun violence, Public health care, better lgbt rights, stricter enviromental laws, and a better outsider perspective. All those are under a Monarchy so please do tell me how they are failing in a Modern society.

Yes the House of Agon get's judged more, but that is linked to Inhuman hate, cause even Doom seems to be given a pass. No one was really crying tears of joy when Medusa stepped down. Speaking of that you didn't comment on the idea, could you see this as a story that could lead to a "Monarchy Restoration":

natives to Attilian waking up and going "we have lost much of our identity" now them becoming non-isolated happened after years of slow intergration, and then the attck by Thanos keeping them grounded since they had to fix problems that came from that. The cloud destruction was to save Mutant lives. But there was no reason to end the Monarchy and it was done basically by an outsider could cause resentment. Plus talk that Iso had been planting the idea of her becoming Medusa's heir starts to rise. That Iso would use her abilities to make their Queen not right in the head, infact all witnesses confirmed that it was her who spoke with Medusa right before she destroyed the cloud, and when Hydra invaded giving up without a fight. Eventually this causes enough unrest to start angry mobs who want Iso to step down and return power back to who they say is the true rulers. Arguments are made that Iso wants an elected leader she is giving up power, but people counter that this elected leader will be just a puppet like their Queen. The notion that she would use her powers on Medusa like that angers Iso, but to her oponents they say this is her true self a tyrant, if info of the current Chinese political system is brought up the idea she was really a spy sent to take over Attilian leads to an all out civil war.
    The argument against monarchies are, we didn't vote for these people, they were just born into royalty, and use the people's money to do things we might not agree with ethically while there are still problems in the country that they don't help with.

I'm not denying that those countries don't have great public institutions, but it's mainly because they have different concepts of rights and don't equate those institutions as negatives. I agree with everything you said here. I can go on, but I don't wanna digress too much.

The inhumans chose not to have the Boltagons anymore at the end of Inhumans Vol. 3, when they later returned to Earth and met with the Fantastic Four. I'd prefer them to do something with Ennilux and reach out to other inhuman cities and communities that they didn't get the chance to meet during ANAD.

Astonishing Member

The argument against monarchies are, we didn't vote for these people, they were just born into royalty, and use the people's money to do things we might not agree with ethically while there are still problems in the country that they don't help with.

I'm not denying that those countries don't have great public institutions, but it's mainly because they have different concepts of rights and don't equate those institutions as negatives. I agree with everything you said here. I can go on, but I don't wanna digress too much.

The inhumans chose not to have the Boltagons anymore at the end of Inhumans Vol. 3, when they later returned to Earth and met with the Fantastic Four. I'd prefer them to do something with Ennilux and reach out to other inhuman cities and communities that they didn't get the chance to meet during ANAD.
    First of all about the cost thing Do not know about other Monarchs.

As for why they do not do something well they do bring awarness mostly, but as for political they really can't most Monarchies are constitutional so parlement is the driving force. Although there are some good works like Poundbury.

Vol 3 is a lot like DotI, How does this fit with the canon with all the continuity problems!?

Yes the other kingdoms would be cool spin offs like how Avengers and X-Men do as well, but a flagship book is needed and Attilian is the main city.
    Last edited by Noek; 03-08-2021 at 11:35 AM.

So I was poking around on looking at scans of some older Inhuman appearances and I learned two things I wasn't aware before.
    1st is Ahura wasn't retconned into being older than Luna. it's mentioned that he just aged unnaturally fast. This was written by Ann Nocenti the same person that created Ahura.

The other is that according Karnak's entry in the history of the marvel universe back in the day. His dad Mander is/was alive at the time. As far as I know he was never officially killed. Maybe assumed dead by writer because pretty much all of the other parents are.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    So I was poking around on looking at scans of some older Inhuman appearances and I learned two things I wasn't aware before.
    1st is Ahura wasn't retconned into being older than Luna. it's mentioned that he just aged unnaturally fast. This was written by Ann Nocenti the same person that created Ahura.

The other is that according Karnak's entry in the history of the marvel universe back in the day. His dad Mander is/was alive at the time. As far as I know he was never officially killed. Maybe assumed dead by writer because pretty much all of the other parents are.
    Triton and Karnak are brothers, right. I’d like to see Triton and his father.

Astonishing Member

1) Inhumans got brought up in the X Fourms in the Magnus family fourm, and people seem to be not bashing on them.

2) Triton and Leer as well.

3) I completely forgot when aproached by an angry mob that was going to kill him Ahura went basically, "Whatever".

4) I would like to think that Ahura provided for his foster parents in some ways.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...axy-13-trailer
    A trailer and some preview pages from gotg just in case anyone wants to see how things are going with progenitors. I like the coloring on the progen with the alien head on its stomach.