Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I do wonder if Attilan has an aristrocracy class, it seems the Royal Family are the only ones who you would consider as the generic "highborns", and despite from different family, they are more or less monolithic.

Orollan kinda feels like, well, a tribe??
    Black Bolt and Medusa and their tribe was never above Attilan law and I think they saw Black Bolt's powers as a failure in the sense that since they didn't regulate it, he couldn't have what the standard capabilities of a person like speaking. I think they are the victims of their own gifts/power like the Hulk, for instance. But they still acknowledged that what Terrigenisis gave them were gifts.

They ousted the Unspoken and pre-Inhumanity times, Black Bolt was the strongest inhuman, capable of protecting the inhumans of Attilan. So it was more than just being born into power and not having anything to give back to his people.

On a sidenote, the Genetics Council could have "tailored" omega level inhumans. I'm assuming they didn't because they weren't looking to colonize other kingdoms, and just wanted to make sure Attilan wasn't destroyed.

They weren't practicing human eugenics like people say. Eugenics was basically sterilizing ethnicities and forcing marriages of different ethnicities to not have anymore be born and to make an ethnicity less of that ethnicity.

From what I understood, they told people they couldn't marry because their children would have results like Black Bolt and Maximus. They didn't have to undergo Terrigenisis, but it was basically the equivalent of a baptism or bar mitzvah for inhumans.

When they didn't want Gorgon's daughter to marry the Alpha in that one story, it was a retcon, like in Once And Future Kings and the Avengers story with the introduction to the Unspoken.

First they were genetically fabricated robot type clones. Then they were actually humans that underwent Xerogenesis with Xerogen Crystals.

And people think what the ABC show did was related to the comics, when in reality it was something completely made for the show.

Orollan looked like an anarchist inhuman community. And I mean that in a good way.

Astonishing Member

Orollan was like that after Inhumanity destroyed most of the old tribe. Before that it was a pretty harsh theocracy from Reader’s description

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Odds are an Inhuman aristocracy would consist of the most powerful Inhumans at the time of a tribe/house/colony’s establishment and their descendants on the assumption that they’d be as strong/stronger and thus be able to earn their keep as the community’s protectors (eg look how Krakoa prioritises the Omegas)

As I understand it, they went back and forth on the Attilan being the genetics council or a council of 12 noble houses under the monarch

Orollan was apparently a theocracy before Thane annihilated it
    Ennilux was apparently a mix of corporation/mob family
    Utollan is a matriarchal gentrocracy
    Attilan is/was a monarchy sharing power with a geneticist caste oligarchy
    Sky Island was a monarchy with a powerful council of elders and priesthood
    Incentaurians were a monarchy
    Moord were a matriarchy
    White Room appear to have been some type of oligarchy based on its Queen’s title
    Direst might have been a thearchy/magocracy based on the dire wraiths using magic/Avoe’s title (can they actually be used btw due to Rom rights)
    Arctilan was basically a monarchy by virtue of being the Royals’ bolthole (ha)
    Afterlife was apparently council of elders but Jiaying turned it into a cult

Attarog & Utopia we know nothing about
    I think Orollan was still a Theocracy as Lash went by High Cleric, and when not in battle wore priest like robes. The Tribe followed his way so unkown what happened after Lash died, some ran but afterwards not known. The Jailer was dead, and since they chose all this time to stay with Lash I am sure they liked his view points. I could see if freed Thane taking over, before getting involved with the Black Vortex he was taking care of others. I theorize that his powers were corrupted and reversed by his father's Deviant genes. Deviants being the opposites of Eternals and Thanos acting in a non Enternal way this works. So while Terrigenesis brings out an Inhumans true self, the opposite happened to Thane. He will realize his true self in the God quarry be freed and put on the right path.

Ennilux is like that but you could also put Plutocracy. These are like the Goblin Cartels from World of Warcraft, and the Ferengi Alliance from Star Trek. If you earn the most you get better stuff.

The Genetics council never was given offical political power but had control of gentics, and that became such an identity for them. While the GC chose who went into what caste, how the groups that made those castes then answered to the Royal family. This is kind of what started this whole thing, I can't see how Iso had a better claim, or better position to be named leader (or queen) over the leaders of those groups.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Black Bolt and Medusa and their tribe was never above Attilan law and I think they saw Black Bolt's powers as a failure in the sense that since they didn't regulate it, he couldn't have what the standard capabilities of a person like speaking. I think they are the victims of their own gifts/power like the Hulk, for instance. But they still acknowledged that what Terrigenisis gave them were gifts.

They ousted the Unspoken and pre-Inhumanity times, Black Bolt was the strongest inhuman, capable of protecting the inhumans of Attilan. So it was more than just being born into power and not having anything to give back to his people.

On a sidenote, the Genetics Council could have "tailored" omega level inhumans. I'm assuming they didn't because they weren't looking to colonize other kingdoms, and just wanted to make sure Attilan wasn't destroyed.

They weren't practicing human eugenics like people say. Eugenics was basically sterilizing ethnicities and forcing marriages of different ethnicities to not have anymore be born and to make an ethnicity less of that ethnicity.

From what I understood, they told people they couldn't marry because their children would have results like Black Bolt and Maximus. They didn't have to undergo Terrigenisis, but it was basically the equivalent of a baptism or bar mitzvah for inhumans.

When they didn't want Gorgon's daughter to marry the Alpha in that one story, it was a retcon, like in Once And Future Kings and the Avengers story with the introduction to the Unspoken.

First they were genetically fabricated robot type clones. Then they were actually humans that underwent Xerogenesis with Xerogen Crystals.

And people think what the ABC show did was related to the comics, when in reality it was something completely made for the show.

Orollan looked like an anarchist inhuman community. And I mean that in a good way.
    You make me instantly like Orollan more lol, not saying I mind fictional monarchy and corporations(Ennilux which Ahura now controls.)
    But even by fictional standards I prefer "egalatarian fantasy"(like Star Trek and stuff) if that makes any sense.

Astonishing Member

I just realized that the topic I brought up didn't really get talked about, and that being about do people agree with the how and/or why Iso was put in charge.

Original post so people don't need to go back in the thread:

So at the end of Uncanny Inhumans/IvX Medusa left Iso in charge, and there would be voting. But what exactly happened? Three choices 1) Medusa ended the Monarchy, 2) Medusa stepped down and made Iso her heir, 3) Medusa made Iso her heir and stepped down.

1) If Medusa just ends the Monarchy ok the birth rights to it go poof, but she then also wouldn't be able to put Iso in charge. Iso's position of advisor wouldn't give her the power to take command over others especially those who would have been in charge of things like armed forces, or in charge of logistics. At most Iso's being a Nuhuman with a high standing would have these people with the authority to seek her out and give her something for her support.

2) If Medusa steps down the next in line for the throne would be ahead of Iso. Now if Medusa didn't have someone and went all Roman and adopted Iso sure but Medusa has 2 that would have the right to it if she no longer could rule, those being Ahura her son, and Crystal her sister. Ahura is next in line for the throne as her eldest son, and if for some reason he couldn't take it then it would pass to her next child which she has none of therefore it would go to a sibling if she has one which yes she does Crystal.

3) So before all of this Medusa made Iso her heir which could work but the question is why? In Realm of Kings she talked about only holding it until Ahura came of age, it really doesn't make sense for a change like this. While it does make the most sense for an outcome it brings in conspiracy claims by others especially the old guard why she would leave it to an outsider of not noble. Even more Medusa's last choice was to destroy the cloud I could easily see a coup happen to put Black Bolt back on the throne. If the knowledge of Iso's powers that she can affect the mind with air pressure they may even believe she was doing this to Medusa all along for her own grab of power.

Ok so all of this seems to be right of succession, where is the skill I was talking about, ok what has Iso done to be made a good choice for leader? Don't get me wrong she is a talented scientist, and mixes that with her powers in creative ways but as a whole what? The best thing I can think of was to get the Inhumans to rise up on the Iron Man drones to free Black Bolt, but she also had the authority to make that call because Karnak told her. Her best leadership moment required the Royals. She doesn't really know how a kingdom works truly, she fought alongside Medusa, and worked with Beast. These aren't things that stand out. I might sound like a broken record to some but Ahura is a better choice, why you might ask? He has expierence leading being voted in to Ennilux. With the destruction of the Terrigen the Inhumans would need to modernize very quickly. Come off more relatable, so yes voting would be needed, as well as money. Ahura now has expierence with this, and his family names would still drive influence. I made a post 10 pages back that by having Ennilux accept New Attilan currency only by consumers, they in turn would get a monopoly on their tech. New Attilan would need someone with both the expierence and trust to do this behold the CEO and their King one and the same.

What does everyone think of this, change of mind? Was their something I missed or am not seeing? How much would the Marvel uninverse have changed if the Inhumans went this way, I guess a What if...?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I just realized that the topic I brought up didn't really get talked about, and that being about do people agree with the how and/or why Iso was put in charge.

Original post so people don't need to go back in the thread:

So at the end of Uncanny Inhumans/IvX Medusa left Iso in charge, and there would be voting. But what exactly happened? Three choices 1) Medusa ended the Monarchy, 2) Medusa stepped down and made Iso her heir, 3) Medusa made Iso her heir and stepped down.

1) If Medusa just ends the Monarchy ok the birth rights to it go poof, but she then also wouldn't be able to put Iso in charge. Iso's position of advisor wouldn't give her the power to take command over others especially those who would have been in charge of things like armed forces, or in charge of logistics. At most Iso's being a Nuhuman with a high standing would have these people with the authority to seek her out and give her something for her support.

2) If Medusa steps down the next in line for the throne would be ahead of Iso. Now if Medusa didn't have someone and went all Roman and adopted Iso sure but Medusa has 2 that would have the right to it if she no longer could rule, those being Ahura her son, and Crystal her sister. Ahura is next in line for the throne as her eldest son, and if for some reason he couldn't take it then it would pass to her next child which she has none of therefore it would go to a sibling if she has one which yes she does Crystal.

3) So before all of this Medusa made Iso her heir which could work but the question is why? In Realm of Kings she talked about only holding it until Ahura came of age, it really doesn't make sense for a change like this. While it does make the most sense for an outcome it brings in conspiracy claims by others especially the old guard why she would leave it to an outsider of not noble. Even more Medusa's last choice was to destroy the cloud I could easily see a coup happen to put Black Bolt back on the throne. If the knowledge of Iso's powers that she can affect the mind with air pressure they may even believe she was doing this to Medusa all along for her own grab of power.

Ok so all of this seems to be right of succession, where is the skill I was talking about, ok what has Iso done to be made a good choice for leader? Don't get me wrong she is a talented scientist, and mixes that with her powers in creative ways but as a whole what? The best thing I can think of was to get the Inhumans to rise up on the Iron Man drones to free Black Bolt, but she also had the authority to make that call because Karnak told her. Her best leadership moment required the Royals. She doesn't really know how a kingdom works truly, she fought alongside Medusa, and worked with Beast. These aren't things that stand out. I might sound like a broken record to some but Ahura is a better choice, why you might ask? He has expierence leading being voted in to Ennilux. With the destruction of the Terrigen the Inhumans would need to modernize very quickly. Come off more relatable, so yes voting would be needed, as well as money. Ahura now has expierence with this, and his family names would still drive influence. I made a post 10 pages back that by having Ennilux accept New Attilan currency only by consumers, they in turn would get a monopoly on their tech. New Attilan would need someone with both the expierence and trust to do this behold the CEO and their King one and the same.

What does everyone think of this, change of mind? Was their something I missed or am not seeing? How much would the Marvel uninverse have changed if the Inhumans went this way, I guess a What if...?
    I agree that Ahura would have been the best choice by far, and I have a hard time believing that Medusa would just nominate someone with no experience to a position of leadership, and completely skip over hew own son. This is probably one of those things that will be forgotten since the writers for that series seemed to do very little research.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I agree that Ahura would have been the best choice by far, and I have a hard time believing that Medusa would just nominate someone with no experience to a position of leadership, and completely skip over hew own son. This is probably one of those things that will be forgotten since the writers for that series seemed to do very little research.
    I think the next writer is going to throw out all of the story from post-Inhumanity and New Arctilan 2.0. I think it's lazy to go back to the quasi-old status quo like Cates did at the beginning because he was too lazy to develop them as characters.

He just wanted to kill the characters he read from decades ago. If they plan on putting them in a kingdom, they need a reason and a story. Why would they abdicate for their people and for no reason go back?

Medusa didn't put Ahura because he didn't get along with her and wanted to separate himself from them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    That's because Iso had proven to be capable, with everything she had gone through in the relatively short span of time (it's easy to overlook how much happened to and with these new characters during the Inhuman push and how these characters gained experience and grew from where they began). Iso had shown serious potential, which was one of the big reasons Medusa nominated her.

Medusa choosing Ahura wouldn't have made sense in context of the events of the story. The point at the time was to get away from the monarchial lineage, not pass it along. (This also would be why something like the Genetics Council becoming the leading bodies also wouldn't have made sense.) Ahura was also trying to get away from Attilan and stretch his legs doing his own thing, which is why he went over to and eventually obtained control of Ennilux. My timeline potentially being off a tad, but with Medusa knowing this, she wouldn't have nominated her son, anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's because Iso had proven to be capable, with everything she had gone through in the relatively short span of time (it's easy to overlook how much happened to and with these new characters during the Inhuman push and how these characters gained experience and grew from where they began). Iso had shown serious potential, which was one of the big reasons Medusa nominated her.

Medusa choosing Ahura wouldn't have made sense in context of the events of the story. The point at the time was to get away from the monarchial lineage, not pass it along. (This also would be why something like the Genetics Council becoming the leading bodies also wouldn't have made sense.) Ahura was also trying to get away from Attilan and stretch his legs doing his own thing, which is why he went over to and eventually obtained control of Ennilux. My timeline potentially being off a tad, but with Medusa knowing this, she wouldn't have nominated her son, anyway.
    But what has she done? Remember this bit

"Ok so all of this seems to be right of succession, where is the skill I was talking about, ok what has Iso done to be made a good choice for leader? Don't get me wrong she is a talented scientist, and mixes that with her powers in creative ways but as a whole what? The best thing I can think of was to get the Inhumans to rise up on the Iron Man drones to free Black Bolt, but she also had the authority to make that call because Karnak told her. Her best leadership moment required the Royals. She doesn't really know how a kingdom works truly, she fought alongside Medusa, and worked with Beast. These aren't things that stand out."

As for Medusa wanted to end the Monarchy, well no. She gave Iso the power, and Iso then said let's vote some people in. Medusa stepped down out of while she helped the Mutants she felt she herself failed the Inhumans, not the Throne did.

Yes that is a reason for Ahura not to take the Crown the problem comes from this point

"if for some reason he couldn't take it then it would pass to her next child which she has none of therefore it would go to a sibling if she has one which yes she does Crystal."

If you bring up Crystal would say no Luna would be next in the line, and so on. Eventually someone would say yes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think the next writer is going to throw out all of the story from post-Inhumanity and New Arctilan 2.0. I think it's lazy to go back to the quasi-old status quo like Cates did at the beginning because he was too lazy to develop them as characters.

He just wanted to kill the characters he read from decades ago. If they plan on putting them in a kingdom, they need a reason and a story. Why would they abdicate for their people and for no reason go back?

Medusa didn't put Ahura because he didn't get along with her and wanted to separate himself from them.
    Yes a reason needing to go back is needed, but the whole point of this is, what is the reason of Iso being made the leader. Let's not forget this isn't the first time they did abdicate their position, remember that time they lived with a circus. I included what if Ahura said no.

Even though they're friends, I thought it was an interesting picture. I just got my Eternals tickets. It would be cool if there put some foreshadowing of future species!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Read this tweet today courtesy of Disney TV Animation News:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/st...81238577422345

During the Disney Channel France Upfront the new logo of Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur was unveiled.

#MoonGirlAndDevilDinosaur debuts February 2022 on @DisneyChannel and @DisneyPlus.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Considering they are at least partially derived from Arlok’s DNA, would the Inhumans count as Nephilites?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Read this tweet today courtesy of Disney TV Animation News:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/st...81238577422345

During the Disney Channel France Upfront the new logo of Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur was unveiled.

#MoonGirlAndDevilDinosaur debuts February 2022 on @DisneyChannel and @DisneyPlus.

Glad to see that. It seemed like a long time coming.

Out of curiosity, who is making the Disney channel more kid-focused shows? I see ads for Spidey and his Amazing Friends but it never clicked in my mind that Marvel Entertainment no longer controls Marvel television so are these shows produced by Kevin Feige now? Is he officially in charge but hands off?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?