Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 472
  1. #316
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,394

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wonder what’s gonna happen with the nuhumans aside from Kamala and Lunella.
    They were one of the most controversial parts of the push and with a few exceptions, seemed largely rejected by the readership. Expect most to end up in limbo and then to turn up as cannon fodder the next time a big villain needs to drop a few bodies to look menacing.

  2. #317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post




    They were one of the most controversial parts of the push and with a few exceptions, seemed largely rejected by the readership. Expect most to end up in limbo and then to turn up as cannon fodder the next time a big villain needs to drop a few bodies to look menacing.
    That's not true. They didn't get rejected by the readership. The people who didn't read the inhumans comics after the Infinity event were people playing victims, thinking Marvel made them buy books, which no one would ever do. A lot of actual readers of those books liked them. If it weren't for that boycott movement that pushed against the new status quo of Iron Heart, Jane Foster, and those toxic X-Men fans that used the inhumans as scapegoats, they might be in more books. They got rid of pretty much everything from that era to feed into the nostalgia for profit, which was going to happen anyway because the readership isn't young and reads comics for the status quo they're familiar with.

    I doubt the inhumans will ever return because Marvel isn't looking to make obscure comics. They're just selling IP's in events as commercial pamphlets for their movies, mobile video games and toys.

  3. #318
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,394

    Default

    Entire lines aren't gotten rid of just because of angry fans on the internet. The Inhumans push ultimately came to an end because yes, a great many readers simply weren't interested, and the negative PR from the perceived replacing of the X-Men that the Nuhumans represented added a lot of fuel to that fire. So I stand by my statement. Even when we do see the return of the royals, the Nuhumans who aren't Ms. Marvel or Moon Girl will likely be downplayed or ignored.

  4. #319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Entire lines aren't gotten rid of just because of angry fans on the internet. The Inhumans push ultimately came to an end because yes, a great many readers simply weren't interested, and the negative PR from the perceived replacing of the X-Men that the Nuhumans represented added a lot of fuel to that fire. So I stand by my statement. Even when we do see the return of the royals, the Nuhumans who aren't Ms. Marvel or Moon Girl will likely be downplayed or ignored.
    People either didn't read Inhumans comics, like they didn't read the so-called SJW era comics, which were also canceled, or they did and liked the characters because that's the reason they read their books.

    Saying they were rejected by the readership just isn't true because the main characters they despised were Medusa and Black Bolt because they used them as scapegoats for the X-Men only having 10 books instead of 25, and the X-Men events (IVX and DoX) were terrible and Medusa was made the villain. I didn't see a huge amount of hate for actual characters. Just online vitriol for anything Inhumans, especially the classic group.

    I doubt we'll see a return of Inhumans aside from cameos, like them showing up as an after thought like in Fantastic Four. They've been dead for five years and the online hate has lobbied pretty hard against any writer wanting to touch them unless it's to kill them all again like Cates. Ms.Marvel and Moon Girl are just examples of the ridiculousness of hating a fictional race, ironically making these readers racists even though it's towards a fictional race of people.

  5. #320
    Galaxies Wanderer
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    44

    Default

    so about todays F4 issue...
    spoilers:
    It's not the first time that Johnny asks Crystal for advices, I think?
    I thought the appearance would be physical, but I'm happy to see that they are well and safe.
    Luna looks older... Which makes me want to see how Petras is doing, I will probably explode in serotonin if I see this boy happy and healthy.
    end of spoilers

    The more they appear like that or are mentioned in recent books just increases my concern if they will resurrect the fallen in DoTI, or at least Maximus and Triton.

  6. #321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    so about todays F4 issue...
    spoilers:
    It's not the first time that Johnny asks Crystal for advices, I think?
    I thought the appearance would be physical, but I'm happy to see that they are well and safe.
    Luna looks older... Which makes me want to see how Petras is doing, I will probably explode in serotonin if I see this boy happy and healthy.
    end of spoilers

    The more they appear like that or are mentioned in recent books just increases my concern if they will resurrect the fallen in DoTI, or at least Maximus and Triton.
    It makes no sense for the Fantastic Four to not go in person and ask how they've been since Thanos destroyed Attilan. They're supposed to be their friends and they've ignored them completely except for this one time. Talk about an elephant in the room.

  7. #322
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    So Crystal in this week's FF:
    spoilers:
    You think it's New Arctilan? Which we haven't seen in over a year, maybe more. And her cutting short the chat for "Royal Family Business" will hopefully lead to an actual story.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  8. #323
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    People either didn't read Inhumans comics, like they didn't read the so-called SJW era comics, which were also canceled, or they did and liked the characters because that's the reason they read their books.

    Saying they were rejected by the readership just isn't true because the main characters they despised were Medusa and Black Bolt because they used them as scapegoats for the X-Men only having 10 books instead of 25, and the X-Men events (IVX and DoX) were terrible and Medusa was made the villain. I didn't see a huge amount of hate for actual characters. Just online vitriol for anything Inhumans, especially the classic group.

    I doubt we'll see a return of Inhumans aside from cameos, like them showing up as an after thought like in Fantastic Four. They've been dead for five years and the online hate has lobbied pretty hard against any writer wanting to touch them unless it's to kill them all again like Cates. Ms.Marvel and Moon Girl are just examples of the ridiculousness of hating a fictional race, ironically making these readers racists even though it's towards a fictional race of people.
    This seems kind of like splitting hairs a bit. If readers passed on the books en masse until they were cancelled, yes I would say that's a rejection. And while Black Bolt and Medusa did get a ton of hate, the whole premise of the Nuhumans got a lot as well and was the driving force behind the claims that Marvel was trying to make the Inhumans into X-Men clones. That's just how it is. I was online and in comic book shops when it happened and that was absolutely the prevailing narrative. So yes, I do think the Nuhumans will be downplayed or dropped when the royals eventually return (and they will return someday). Barring of course the ones with fanbases like Ms. Marvel. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Iso, Inferno and Reader end up in limbo until the next big event needs some deaths.

  9. #324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This seems kind of like splitting hairs a bit. If readers passed on the books en masse until they were cancelled, yes I would say that's a rejection. And while Black Bolt and Medusa did get a ton of hate, the whole premise of the Nuhumans got a lot as well and was the driving force behind the claims that Marvel was trying to make the Inhumans into X-Men clones. That's just how it is. I was online and in comic book shops when it happened and that was absolutely the prevailing narrative. So yes, I do think the Nuhumans will be downplayed or dropped when the royals eventually return (and they will return someday). Barring of course the ones with fanbases like Ms. Marvel. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Iso, Inferno and Reader end up in limbo until the next big event needs some deaths.
    People that hated the Inhumans didn't pick up or spend any money or time reading about the new inhuman characters to know they hated them. They just hated Inhumans and avoided their books completely while whining about them online for illegitimate reasons. I think people who actually read the inhuman book did like the new characters, but the last three events they had were terrible and made them weak (DoI) and villains (IvX). If you weren't a fan of the characters and those events were your gateway, I can't imagine people liking them. If they read Inhuman, ANAD Inhumans, and (especially) Black Bolt, they would have appreciated their struggles in their new place in the Marvel Universe.

    I don't see Marvel finding any excuse or reason to bring the Inhumans back. They're doing fine without them and they've ignored characters like the Scarlet Witch, which was a key character in the MCU. They might continue making cameos here and there, but they definitely aren't getting an ongoing book ever again. Before All New All Different, they had the Young Inhumans mini-series, and that was before social media buried them. And like many people have said, they're toxic and no writer in their right mind is going to associate with them ever again, especially with the dedication needed to write a series. Cates joined in to kill them, which was okay because people accepted that, left them, and never looked back.

  10. #325
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    I think with Nuhumans is it do people hate the idea, do they hate the characters, or do they hate them replacing Mutants? Over all that is what is important and needs to be known if they are to continue. If it is the idea that people mainly hate, that Inhumans should have been these closed off cities then Nuhumans not being shown or acting like they have no connections to the rest of earth is the way. If it is the characters, then what about the characters exactly since they were a very unique bunch. Is it them replacing Mutants, well there are like what 7 X books and I believe another on the way, I do not think anyone needs to worry.

    As for Nuhumans being used well Ms. Marvel will be in the MCU, Moongirl I believe is still getting her own show, Inferno was in the Secret Warriors Movies,Quake and Flint were on Agents of SHIELD. So Iso, Naja, Grid, Panacea, and Swain are the most in comic used Nuhumans who have not had really ouside of comic exposure.

  11. #326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think with Nuhumans is it do people hate the idea, do they hate the characters, or do they hate them replacing Mutants? Over all that is what is important and needs to be known if they are to continue. If it is the idea that people mainly hate, that Inhumans should have been these closed off cities then Nuhumans not being shown or acting like they have no connections to the rest of earth is the way. If it is the characters, then what about the characters exactly since they were a very unique bunch. Is it them replacing Mutants, well there are like what 7 X books and I believe another on the way, I do not think anyone needs to worry.

    As for Nuhumans being used well Ms. Marvel will be in the MCU, Moongirl I believe is still getting her own show, Inferno was in the Secret Warriors Movies,Quake and Flint were on Agents of SHIELD. So Iso, Naja, Grid, Panacea, and Swain are the most in comic used Nuhumans who have not had really ouside of comic exposure.
    You're giving the people who thought they were "replacements" too much credit. We can make the argument that mutants are inhumans who wear X's and uniforms. Because those people ignored the characters and their 55 years of history, and just read online articles saying they replaced the Human Torch with Black Bolt while ignoring the fact that the X-Men were replaced with Daredevil and Black Panther.

    Those people didn't read any inhuman book and avoided them like the plague. They didn't care who or what they were, they just saw Inhumans and ran the other way. Even though I want to see inhumans in the MCU, I'm skeptical. The Eternals are in their planned film slot and Ms. Marvel is most likely getting retconned like Monica Rambeau and the Maximoff twins. I think Moongirl might remain an inhuman because they can explain her powers quick and move onto other stories.

  12. #327
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    People that hated the Inhumans didn't pick up or spend any money or time reading about the new inhuman characters to know they hated them. They just hated Inhumans and avoided their books completely while whining about them online for illegitimate reasons. I think people who actually read the inhuman book did like the new characters, but the last three events they had were terrible and made them weak (DoI) and villains (IvX). If you weren't a fan of the characters and those events were your gateway, I can't imagine people liking them. If they read Inhuman, ANAD Inhumans, and (especially) Black Bolt, they would have appreciated their struggles in their new place in the Marvel Universe.
    Regardless of whether or not you consider those reasons legitimate, the end result is the same. I'm not even sure why this is an argument. We're going on how many years now with most of the characters MIA?

    I don't see Marvel finding any excuse or reason to bring the Inhumans back. They're doing fine without them and they've ignored characters like the Scarlet Witch, which was a key character in the MCU. They might continue making cameos here and there, but they definitely aren't getting an ongoing book ever again. Before All New All Different, they had the Young Inhumans mini-series, and that was before social media buried them. And like many people have said, they're toxic and no writer in their right mind is going to associate with them ever again, especially with the dedication needed to write a series. Cates joined in to kill them, which was okay because people accepted that, left them, and never looked back.
    Plenty of characters are declared toxic and put out to pasture for a bit before coming back. The Inhumans are now different than Hawkman, Donna Troy or Stephanie Brown a few years ago.

  13. #328
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You're giving the people who thought they were "replacements" too much credit. We can make the argument that mutants are inhumans who wear X's and uniforms. Because those people ignored the characters and their 55 years of history, and just read online articles saying they replaced the Human Torch with Black Bolt while ignoring the fact that the X-Men were replaced with Daredevil and Black Panther.

    Those people didn't read any inhuman book and avoided them like the plague. They didn't care who or what they were, they just saw Inhumans and ran the other way. Even though I want to see inhumans in the MCU, I'm skeptical. The Eternals are in their planned film slot and Ms. Marvel is most likely getting retconned like Monica Rambeau and the Maximoff twins. I think Moongirl might remain an inhuman because they can explain her powers quick and move onto other stories.
    Well from the confirmend cast, and the rumours Ms. Marvel will be Inhuman. I do see what you are saying that people didn't give many of the Nuhuman characters, and Inhuman books a chance, and from twitter there are some who still do not like them (though I think many of these are just talking about the show). Still I am currious to how people would react to them nowadays.
    From the amount of people having gotten excited about seeing and missing Medusa durring the Women of Marvel comic, and liking the Crystal and Luna (the Luna one the most I am finding) and not really anyone complaining about seeing them, there might be a chance to have them come back in the written format.

  14. #329
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    I've seen several people who were ardent haters of Soule's Inhumans and Asmus' All-New Inhumans because they were "x-men replacements" finally pick up the book and actually read it now that it's all over and are like "oh. These books are actually really good?" And I just want to scream.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  15. #330
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    Is it too much to ask for an Inhumans easter egg in Eternals? Not an obvious one, but something comic fans would spot.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •