Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As much as I would like to think that the rumour is true, the simple fact is that unless we get a surprise that Kamala’s still an Inhuman in the MCU; there’s no real need on Marvel’s part to exhume their perceived ‘failure IPs’ (Inhumans, SHIELD, Iron Fist) from limbo

To say nothing of the fact that any Inhuman revival would run into the fact that, like the Avengers, every writer looking for an X-books gig will crap on them from a great height

Edit: hang on, where is this rumour even circulating?
    As far as I have seen it's just speculation based on what Hickman has shown interest in the past and that he is a big enough name to not be forced into shilling for the MCU if he didn't want to. It's also spins off the many parallels krakoa had with Attialn which itself spawned rumors that he was suppose to be on inhumans before they hit the ground and now that he has prematurely left the X-men he might go back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As much as I would like to think that the rumour is true, the simple fact is that unless we get a surprise that Kamala’s still an Inhuman in the MCU; there’s no real need on Marvel’s part to exhume their perceived ‘failure IPs’ (Inhumans, SHIELD, Iron Fist) from limbo

To say nothing of the fact that any Inhuman revival would run into the fact that, like the Avengers, every writer looking for an X-books gig will crap on them from a great height

Edit: hang on, where is this rumour even circulating?
    I found these circulating on twitter. I do not see the writers looking down on them but yes the X fans will, but that isn't anything new in the Marvel comics department. As long as they don't force a conflict that makes it where it is really hard to side with the Inhumans then the neutral fans will not join a hate wagon. In fact they will most likely see what exactly they are doing no matter the writer. Iron Fist did get a mini not to long ago, maybe even that as a what are they up to, or even a possible starting point for a series.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    As far as I have seen it's just speculation based on what Hickman has shown interest in the past and that he is a big enough name to not be forced into shilling for the MCU if he didn't want to. It's also spins off the many parallels krakoa had with Attialn which itself spawned rumors that he was suppose to be on inhumans before they hit the ground and now that he has prematurely left the X-men he might go back.
    I don't keep up with all the fan stuff, especially if it is expressed on twitter, but sometimes.
    I like Hickman, loved his run, mostly on FF.
    I decided to finally buy and read X-Men, when he began there with those 2. They were good, but nearer to the end, I didn't like them as much and what they do.
    I have a problem with the X Men, mostly because there is a conceit thing usually going on, or it 'feels' that way to me.
    But as I said I like Hickman and most of Power/House were great.

So I'd love if he could do something for the Inhumans.
    I am intrigued by so called parallels between Krakoa and Attilan. Are you saying Hickman has already said something like that?
    I suppose that a new book on Inhumans should take some cues from the new Eternals and work from within their own stories and keep the FF, et al far away, till it picks up some traction.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Make it so
    I wish. Marvel if you're reading this, please do two more volumes of an Inhumans collection. I understand the reasons why publishers might be hesitant for marketing reasons, but there's some really good stuff there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Regarding Hickman, tbh I’m assuming he just folding what ever concepts he had for the Inhumans into how Krakoan society has panned out

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wordless preview of Darkhold: Alpha #1 with one page for Wanda, Tony, Janet, Blade, Peter and Black Bolt, as well as Queen Victorious of Latveria.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

That spit, and those eyes.

Hickman writing Inhumans eh? My dream pick wold be Ewing, but beggars choosers and so on. I'm a bit worried Hickman would bring back the Universal Inhuman ladies and have a big cosmic fight. What this franchise needs right now is low stakes, lore and worldbuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    "Wait, where the hell has Black Bolt been???" - Donny Cates

"DUNNO, YOU TELL US, YOU'RE THE GUY THAT PUT HIM ON A BUS" - everybody

.... though I suppose we all agree in here that when/if the Inhumans return, it has to be Ewing right??
    Give the job to Hickman
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Brian Cronin has a Twitter poll: Who was your favorite romantic partner for Crystal of the Inhumans (the insurance salesman doesn't count)? Choices are Human Torch, Quicksilver, Black Knight, and Ronan.

https://twitter.com/Brian_Cronin/sta...29181447024653
    Where’s the Norm Webster option?

Hickman writing Inhumans eh? My dream pick wold be Ewing, but beggars choosers and so on. I'm a bit worried Hickman would bring back the Universal Inhuman ladies and have a big cosmic fight. What this franchise needs right now is low stakes, lore and worldbuilding.
    Meh. Ewing did Royals and that was pretty mediocre.

Astonishing Member

A big cosmic fight can work if it is just between the Inhumans. The Universal Inhumans have new leaders (although if they come back just basically retcon DotI is pretty good to) and want to recreate the whole multi marriage alliance, but the Terran Inhumans don't want this. They are just more the Attilan natives, and while a great cosmic Commonwealth for the Inhumans is something they would be interested in the other Kingdoms don't want one person fully saying what they have to do. Thus the Terran-Universal Inhuman war begins.
    Of course other things at least 2 years of build up is a must.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

What do you think of this article from CBR's sister site ScreenRant?

Avengers Shows the Terrible Cost of Failing in the MCU
    Most superhero films succeed, but if a Marvel property bombs, the company will erase the heroes in the comics...and the Inhumans prove it.

BY JOSHUA ISAAK
    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

https://screenrant.com/avengers-show...inhumans-flop/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure if I believe if Hickman is doing Inhumans or not, but if it turns out he is, I can't help but wonder if that is his way of doing what he was trying to do with X-Men before editorial stepped in and basically derailed his whole plan. Inhumans, as a franchise, is virtually non-existent in comics these days, so he would probably have a lot more creative liberty to do what he wants without too much meddling.
    What was he trying to do with the X-Men that "got derailed"?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Meh. Ewing did Royals and that was pretty mediocre.
    I disagree, personally.