Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh. Thanks! Wow, I didn't think they really liked Quicksilver, let alone fight Crystal to kidnap her.
    I loved the Englehart era as I loved most others. I wanted Johnny and Crystal to get back together. The Royals felt that divorce was not a good look for one of their's or maybe there was some machinations on QS' part.

I think Crys moved on to the affair with the human guy, during the Vision Wanda series around then, and eventually did break with Pietro. Then came Dane and the Avengers.

It always rang false that the Inhumans Royals preferred Crys staying with Pietro, when you consider what came afterwards (then they forced her to marry Ronan!)
    but wouldn't it seem they 'owed' more to the FF for all the times they helped them, each other?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It always rang false that the Inhumans Royals preferred Crys staying with Pietro, when you consider what came afterwards (then they forced her to marry Ronan!)
    For me it does makes sense to have that pre-arranged marriage, as what happens with real-world loyalty. Some stories emphasize their emotional side, others their political upbringing.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I loved the Englehart era as I loved most others. I wanted Johnny and Crystal to get back together. The Royals felt that divorce was not a good look for one of their's or maybe there was some machinations on QS' part.

I think Crys moved on to the affair with the human guy, during the Vision Wanda series around then, and eventually did break with Pietro. Then came Dane and the Avengers.

but wouldn't it seem they 'owed' more to the FF for all the times they helped them, each other?
    But after that, Crystal and Quicksilver got back together a couple of times. I think that they have one of those relationships that they love each other, but having a life together is complicated especially with Quicksilver's way of being. That said, it's one of the best relationship dynamics in Marvel. They're supposed to be flawed to make them real.

Crystal's gotten a lot of character development in that aspect. I don't get how people criticize her and act like everyone in the world is supposed to have only one relationship. Her Ronan romance was bad because it was superficial and weak and lacked passion. I could see her with Johnny, but with her somewhat forced absence, I think Marvel doesn't want her being used with anyone that has more exposure.

I feel like, despite it being an arranged marriage, Crystals relationship with Ronan was probably her healthiest one. But, I agree, everyone criticizes her for having dated so many men and just - are people not allowed to date others when not in a committed relationship?

I do think she needs to not date anyone for a while thing. I feel like too often, Crystal is used for relationship drama and man pain then as the awesome character she is. I loved how James Asmus wrote her in All New Inhumans and I would love to see her get the spotlight again.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I can see this, all of it. Crystal has indeed experienced a lot of maturity, unlike Johnny.

Yet to me, they're always a Romeo and Juliet thing. They were each other's real first love, or so it seemed.

See, I am a romantic at heart.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

You're not gonna like this, but someone from BC (I don't spell it out to evade search results) posted this speculative dialog between Cyclops and Kevin Feige during Hellfire Gala, and here's what he said:

Just connect "bleeding" and "cool" to".com/comics/extended-cut-of-that-conversation-between-cyclops-and-kevin-feige/"
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You're not gonna like this, but someone from BC (I don't spell it out to evade search results) posted this speculative dialog between Cyclops and Kevin Feige during Hellfire Gala, and here's what he said:

Just connect "bleeding" and "cool" to".com/comics/extended-cut-of-that-conversation-between-cyclops-and-kevin-feige/"
    That page has a vendetta against the inhumans. They pushed the narrative pretty hard to fuel flames to the fire to get clicks. It was them that drew the correlation of "less X-Men means more inhumans" instead of "B-C-D-listers have fans too, and they're getting their time to shine and the X-Men aren't really going anywhere." If it weren't for them, I don't think the inhumans would have gotten the vitriol. I see they're continuing their anti-inhumans campaign.

Astonishing Member

So I need some help. A couple weeks ago I mentioned here I was working on an Inhuman fan comic. The problem is I have 3(4) ideas and almost how I feel that day I work on that one, and this is getting me nowhere. So I am going to put the ideas here and I want to hear what people would find the most interesting. I like all 3(4) but need some direction and a more clear goal.

The overall direction of the comics is the children from the House of Agon taking a center stage more.
    Ideas:
    1) A tie in to Outlawed, more specifically after Roxxon is discovered to be the laws biggest backers. To pay their dept to Kamala for her help the Kingdom of New Attilian and Ennilux Company are going after Roxxons customers. By that, they are using Industrial espionage to find out their newest big thing they are selling to the public, then New Attilian uses its advanced technology to recreate this since it is most likely something the Inhumans great-great-grandparents would have used, then Ennilux sells it. The Heirs to Agon must be ready to meet anything Roxxon throws back at the Inhumans.

2) New Attilian is ready for its next big step as 2 elected branches of government have been created to work with the Royal family as equals, all is good as the members are ready to take their place. The only problem is the one who is to be representing the Royal family is missing. The natives of Attilian were clear that they will accept the elected government if the Royal family is included. It is now time to find where the heir is, why they have been missing, and how to keep them from doing this again.

3+4) Yes 2 comics. The first is Inhuman Royals, the new governement of New Atilian is about ready but a traditional form of a Royal family is looked at by many. To find one who is strong enough to do so, a number of influential Inhumans and close relatives are showing through great deeds. To show their support the previous Royal family wishes to part take in this but the more adults of them are busy, they have asked their children to do this in their stead agreeing to bow to them if they do succeed.
    The second is Inhuman Warriors, as the Royals are the face of much of the Inhuman culture only a select few can hold that right. But what of those who are skilled enough but due to reasons couldn't partake as a candidate. As a group of lower ranking natives, Nuhumans, and foreign representives deal with many threats that will hurt the stability the Inhumans are trying to achieve before they can begin a great push to the future.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

So ya I do like these 3 ideas, but if I have an idea what people think is the most enjoyable to read it would help me focus on that one.

At this point, having read Marvel since the late '60s, though decreasingly buying and reading the everything I once did or nearly, I prefer INhumans over X Men. The X men do not seem very relevant anymore to me.

But there will be too much angst and negativity towards Inhumans advancing, ever.

Gee it's almost like our US politics so bitter and dividing.
    When I think about that, I know who the minority is, the one that seeks to shut down everything else. Just like politics!

Inhumans if they can be re-realized in the MCU will finally take away this mess.

Movie audiences always outnumber the comic buying public.
    Once the Inhumans are a successful and separate part of the MCU, with appropriate tie-ins to the other properties, they'll never be looked at by regular folks, like they are by mutanthatersofinhumans.

we win.
    ~ Oberon ~

Astonishing Member

I'm so sick and tired of this fake narrative of hate and paranoia.

Ultimate Member

I could understand that conversation if Marvel Studio films BOMBED and Disney wrote a check to Fox to get the rights back.

As much toxic stuff wants to be tossed at the Inhumans-it was NOT them that made X-Men an after thought.

It was EVERYBODY else. Who proved that comic sales mean NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING.

How many D listers are getting shows? Let alone movies?

But there will be too much angst and negativity towards Inhumans advancing, ever.
    And that is when you learn to ignore that mess.

Ms Marvel and Moon Girl are the ones with TV SHOWS. They are also the most success females of color at Marvel and DC in terms of solo issues.

The chances of a Moon Girl and/or Ms Marvel movies are ultra HIGHER than that of a female mutant.

If the Inhumans are nothing more than those two.... FINE.

The Royal family can still show up.

Moon Girl is also getting a show? I didn't know that. That's actually really cool.
    I'm an X-fan but I also really like the Inhumans, I think there's space for both. Marvel just chose the worst way possible to promote the Inhumans last time by pitting them against the X-men when most X-fans were already pretty pissed at the treatment of franchise.
    I'd really like a new book about the Royals and some of the cool nuhumans like Flint and Iso.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of this fake narrative of hate and paranoia. : mad:
    While the executives wanted to push the Inhumans at no time during that push there were more Inhuman books than there were X-Men books.

At the end of the day, some will always cling to what they believe rather than looking at the facts and nothing now can change how some fans feel.

As a fan of both the X-Men and the Inhumans, all I can do is hope that now that the majority of X-Men fans are happy with the direction of the franchise, Marvel can slowly re-introduce the Inhumans via the Fantastic Four, Ms. Marvel, and maybe the Guardian of the Galaxy and they will not receive a backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Moon Girl is also getting a show? I didn't know that. That's actually really cool.
    I'm an X-fan but I also really like the Inhumans, I think there's space for both. Marvel just chose the worst way possible to promote the Inhumans last time by pitting them against the X-men when most X-fans were already pretty pissed at the treatment of franchise.
    I'd really like a new book about the Royals and some of the cool nuhumans like Flint and Iso.
    Moon Girl is getting an animated series on network tv. No Disney + subscription needed
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I could understand that conversation if Marvel Studio films BOMBED and Disney wrote a check to Fox to get the rights back.
    As much toxic stuff wants to be tossed at the Inhumans-it was NOT them that made X-Men an after thought.
    It was EVERYBODY else. Who proved that comic sales mean NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING.
    How many D listers are getting shows? Let alone movies?

And that is when you learn to ignore that mess.
    Ms Marvel and Moon Girl are the ones with TV SHOWS. They are also the most success females of color at Marvel and DC in terms of solo issues.
    The chances of a Moon Girl and/or Ms Marvel movies are ultra HIGHER than that of a female mutant.
    If the Inhumans are nothing more than those two.... FINE.
    The Royal family can still show up.
    100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While the executives wanted to push the Inhumans at no time during that push there were more Inhuman books than there were X-Men books.

At the end of the day, some will always cling to what they believe rather than looking at the facts and nothing now can change how some fans feel.

As a fan of both the X-Men and the Inhumans, all I can do is hope that now that the majority of X-Men fans are happy with the direction of the franchise, Marvel can slowly re-introduce the Inhumans via the Fantastic Four, Ms. Marvel, and maybe the Guardian of the Galaxy and they will not receive a backlash.
    I'm glad that there's other fans of the two groups. I think social media and online articles created this drama and just fed into paranoia. I was skeptical about what the articles were saying and understand that they write things to get clicks which just hurts the community. I'm still glad Ms. Marvel and Moongirl exist, and really hope they don't take away their inhuman origins.

Agents of Shield did a good job as a medium to show inhumans in different situations within the Marvel Universe, and if it's all we get, it was fun while it lasted.