Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Agreed. Cates is probably one of the worst writers currently at marvel.
    I honestly haven't read a single page of the King in Black event (although some tie ins seem insteresting like Namor) but I cannot understand why people are reading the event. I remember reading an article about Knull a few years back and thinking "Boy that's lame". I mean, the symbiotes have a god who looks human and has a sword and rides a dragon? How does that fit with the appeal of the human suits that wrap themselves around other creatures likee a parasite and take control over them? Jump forward a few months and not only is this still going on, they decided to make a whole event out of it. I mean I don't like symbiotes in general, and the Carnage event a few years back also repulsed me, but this is so much worse.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I want Marvel to go truly esoteric with the Terrigen crystals and explain that they are actually quasicrystals, which break the rules of crystal symmetry. There's only one known naturally occurring quasicrystalline mineral, and this would add to the exotic flavor of Terrigen.
    If they ever return, they should definitely go into their science more, especially since Terrigen has mystic properties (which can sound contradicting, but not in comics). They should even see what would happen if they can make Terrigen non-toxic, or control it better. It's also worth noting that even though they saw it as something sacred, Black Bolt decided to "gift" it to everyone possible when he thought it wasn't toxic to anyone. People forget that he was planning to do the same thing during War of Kings, but to a larger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I honestly haven't read a single page of the King in Black event (although some tie ins seem insteresting like Namor) but I cannot understand why people are reading the event. I remember reading an article about Knull a few years back and thinking "Boy that's lame". I mean, the symbiotes have a god who looks human and has a sword and rides a dragon? How does that fit with the appeal of the human suits that wrap themselves around other creatures likee a parasite and take control over them? Jump forward a few months and not only is this still going on, they decided to make a whole event out of it. I mean I don't like symbiotes in general, and the Carnage event a few years back also repulsed me, but this is so much worse.
    I play Marvel Future Fight and Knull is the new Thanos-type level boss, so I had to check him out. You're right. Why would he be a medieval type figure. Cates built up Vox for the longest and at the end he had no backstory or interesting reason behind his actions. He just killed characters without any lesson or purpose. He never even followed it up and abandoned it. You don't go out of your way to kill a whole bunch of characters for no reason because you like them and want to explore their stories. Marvel has given him carte blanche to create flashy characters in their post-diversity era, and it's flimsy.

Niffleheim

i thought the same way because of Death of the Inhumans and Thanos was my first time reading his writing (i hate his take for these favorite IPs) but i have enjoyed his GOTG and Venom and i'm liking his Thor
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-07-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Damn that is true, I thought it was just Death of the Inhumans, but no every time any of his work comes up it seems to get worse and worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    If they ever return, they should definitely go into their science more, especially since Terrigen has mystic properties (which can sound contradicting, but not in comics). They should even see what would happen if they can make Terrigen non-toxic, or control it better. It's also worth noting that even though they saw it as something sacred, Black Bolt decided to "gift" it to everyone possible when he thought it wasn't toxic to anyone. People forget that he was planning to do the same thing during War of Kings, but to a larger scale.

The thought occurs that one way to combine science with Terrigen’s mystical properties would be an emphasis on Alchemy*; with a focus on drawing power from the metaphor of change and transmutation; be it from a quest to restore Terrigen through mystic means, to synthesising Primagen through an arcane melding of Terrigen and the other agents, to the ritual of terrigenesis itself.

Change is important because, unless a series of highly unlikely events occur; there is no going back to the status quo before Inhumanity, or even pre-Secret Wars. So long as Krakoa and Olympia exist there can be no hidden cities and secret kingdoms. A scattered, hunted and divided. As broken and dispossessed as their crippled king. They must endure, they must fight, they must adapt. They must change, and draw strength from that change to one day reunite their tribes and seize a better tomorrow.

* not actual alchemy obviously, nor even the various books philosophical approach given to it IRL. Pop-culture alchemy with a sci-fi take

I always liked the idea of Terrigen giving powers that benefited Inhuman society as a whole. Also the things Ewing did in Royals with it.

By the way, guys? Whatever happened to the upcoming Darkhold comic that was supposed to have Black Bolt in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    By the way, guys? Whatever happened to the upcoming Darkhold comic that was supposed to have Black Bolt in it?
    For now it hasn't been announced yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I always liked the idea of Terrigen giving powers that benefited Inhuman society as a whole. Also the things Ewing did in Royals with it.
    I think the idea is that Terrigen provides powered based on current and anticipated need of the community (eg combat-applicable phenotypes in times of strife etc) with any member’s powers being replaced within 5 years of their death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think the idea is that Terrigen provides powered based on current and anticipated need of the community (eg combat-applicable phenotypes in times of strife etc) with any member’s powers being replaced within 5 years of their death
    That works great for a story.

Astonishing Member

Cates is the second worst thing that has happened to the Inhumans as an IP

The worst would be the big brain moment that pitted them directly against the X-Men, and doomed it to forever be stuck defining itself against them

The worst would be the big brain moment that pitted them directly against the X-Men, and doomed it to forever be stuck defining itself against them
    100%

There's still people who think that the inhumans are replacing the X-Men today, and that Wanda and Pietro Maximoff are currently inhumans. There are a lot of content creators and website that spew and feed into anti-inhuman sentiment. I think the worst part is that they weren't pitted against each other until a comic book website said that there was a rumor that everything X-Men was being canceled and that we have the inhumans to thank for it. I've never seen a more toxic fanbase. I was, and still am, an X-Men fan, but I welcomed new stories. If you go on Twitter, there's a crusade against the inhumans. After like two years of Death of Inhumans, popular website write sh*t like this today: https://screenrant.com/marvel-bigges...ment-inhumans/

Niffleheim

Cates was the last nail in the Inhuman coffin while Soule was the beginning and the end for Inhumans as an IP.

At least i revist Charles Soule run (except for the death knell that was IVX) but i have never gone back to Cates' nonsensical writing

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Coming later this year
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...86034394890240
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...41505556623360
    If I'm not mistaken it has one of if not the biggest delay of any of the books Covid pushed back with no real explanation why.