Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1044
  1. #991
    Spectacular Member Fort Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Wow, someone did their homework. Those are Maximus's original goons in the background.
    ===============
    If you can see this post, please read my Inhumans fan comic (yes, you read that right):
    https://imgur.com/a/Om7WoRv

  2. #992
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Wow, someone did their homework. Those are Maximus's original goons in the background.
    The last big Inhuman comic pretty much ended them with a writer that didn't know anything about them from the previous 2 years, and now they are getting a chance with a writer who clearly took the time and effort to.

  3. #993
    Incredible Member mung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    894

    Default

    I'm a bit worried we might get a screamy Black Bolt. He was yelling at a aircraft in textless preview and left on a moon shouldn't be a problem for him. Although going by the title of the chapter it's probably not what it seems
    Last edited by mung; 11-24-2021 at 06:03 PM.

  4. #994

    Default

    I enjoyed the Once and Future miniseries. It was fun seeing the royal family as teens and I wouldn't mind if they adapted in the future.

  5. #995
    Spectacular Member Fort Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I enjoyed the Once and Future miniseries. It was fun seeing the royal family as teens and I wouldn't mind if they adapted in the future.
    I liked the art, but the plot was slightly incomprehensible at first and I only got it at 2nd try. The future Royal Family is on the run from a King/Regent who doesn't actually mean any harm to them, at least until one day he becomes the Unspoken. So the entire plot is based on misunderstanding and/or Elisha lying to them.
    ===============
    If you can see this post, please read my Inhumans fan comic (yes, you read that right):
    https://imgur.com/a/Om7WoRv

  6. #996
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Once and Future also doesn't really make sense when Triton was canonically old enough to have been witness to the sinking of the Lusitania as a teenager and may have courted Dorma

    Medusa being an age peer to Spider-man also raises... questions about how old Crystal was when she encountered Torch

  7. #997

    Default

    They could fix those issues with a rewrite. And the films are their own thing so Medusa being the same age as Spider-Man isn't that big a deal.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-25-2021 at 03:29 PM.

  8. #998
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    I did enjoy it, but I do agree there are plot points that does make one scratch there head. I feel the idea of the Royals being young and inexpierenced to their positions and standings is the thing that captured most of us. Looking at the steps that made them who they are this day.

  9. #999
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    7,717

    Default

    INHUMAN WORLD (RE-)BUILDING

    Part Two: The Lost Tribes and Cities

    Black Bolt told the other members of the Illuminati about Thanos' quest for his Inhuman son and the sundering of the Inhumans into the Lost Tribes, with each member off to a now-abandoned (except Orollan) Inhuman city to search for that son.


    Taklamakan Desert (Northwest China): Could Iso trace her Inhuman ancestry here?
    Pamir Mountains (Tajikistan)
    Atlantic Forest (off the coast of Brazil): Was it originally above the surface and later sunk beneath the ocean, or was it always underwater?
    Carlsberg Ridge (India Ocean at the boundary of the African and Indo-Australian plates, but here it is shown above ground)
    Pangnirtung Fjord (Nunavut, Canada)

    Is it possible that these could all be re-populated by the Inhuman diaspora? Did Eldrac teleport specific Inhumans to the cities each would be the most adaptable to? The aquatic/amphibious Inhumans could have been teleported to the Atlantic Forest.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  10. #1000
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah, the Inhumans time in Avengers Assemble was really nice.
    I thought the NuHumans were handled fairly well (obvious Mutant stand-ins that they ended up being to justify the Civil War arc) although probably the worst depictions of Black Bolt as a king.

    "Welp, I'm just going to sign off my entire people to an American government! That sure seems like a good idea! And then maybe I'll put them all in coma's rather than let them be used by Ultron!"

    I think the best designs and use of the Royal Family was in the Guardians cartoon, although it took Panther's Quest for them to realize Vanessa Marshall was a better fit as Medusa than Crystal.

  11. #1001
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    INHUMAN WORLD (RE-)BUILDING

    Part Two: The Lost Tribes and Cities

    Black Bolt told the other members of the Illuminati about Thanos' quest for his Inhuman son and the sundering of the Inhumans into the Lost Tribes, with each member off to a now-abandoned (except Orollan) Inhuman city to search for that son.


    Taklamakan Desert (Northwest China): Could Iso trace her Inhuman ancestry here?
    Pamir Mountains (Tajikistan)
    Atlantic Forest (off the coast of Brazil): Was it originally above the surface and later sunk beneath the ocean, or was it always underwater?
    Carlsberg Ridge (India Ocean at the boundary of the African and Indo-Australian plates, but here it is shown above ground)
    Pangnirtung Fjord (Nunavut, Canada)

    Is it possible that these could all be re-populated by the Inhuman diaspora? Did Eldrac teleport specific Inhumans to the cities each would be the most adaptable to? The aquatic/amphibious Inhumans could have been teleported to the Atlantic Forest.
    I want something like that. The newest Inhuman comic could easily be about bringing these Kingdoms back. Have some esstablished characters take up central roles while making some new one as well.

  12. #1002
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the NuHumans were handled fairly well (obvious Mutant stand-ins that they ended up being to justify the Civil War arc) although probably the worst depictions of Black Bolt as a king.
    Ironically, Mutants are becoming Inhumans and Krakoa the new Attilan now...

    Make Inhumans the new Mutants, make Mutants the new Inhumans...

  13. #1003
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Ironically, Mutants are becoming Inhumans and Krakoa the new Attilan now...

    Make Inhumans the new Mutants, make Mutants the new Inhumans...
    It's all very cyclical in the end .

  14. #1004
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    4,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Ironically, Mutants are becoming Inhumans and Krakoa the new Attilan now...

    Make Inhumans the new Mutants, make Mutants the new Inhumans...
    Oh the irony. You can even count a terrigenesis with the resurrection system. With cocoons included.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-27-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    "But it's the fool who ponders on "what ifs" and "might have beens" for overly long?"
    Richard Swift (The Shade #11).

  15. #1005

    Default

    I'm rereading Uncanny Inhumans and Time Crash feels the MCU blockbuster waiting to happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •