Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Gonna get some dark turns with this.

I just want to say that the real enemy of The Inhumans is Kevin Feige.

He chose The Eternals over them?

tenor.jpg

I know that the dude hates sloppy seconds almost as much as he hates Jeph Loeb, but everyone was more than willing to forget about the terrible TV show for a movie reboot. Plus The Inhumans have a built in reason for not helping against Thanos, they were on the moon.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I just want to say that the real enemy of The Inhumans is Kevin Feige.

He chose The Eternals over them?

tenor.jpg

I know that the dude hates sloppy seconds almost as much as he hates Jeph Loeb, but everyone was more than willing to forget about the terrible TV show for a movie reboot. Plus The Inhumans have a built in reason for not helping against Thanos, they were on the moon.
    Dude obviously did that to spite Perlmutter. The latter was using the Inhumans as a bargaining chip so that Feige could make Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Then when Feige got full control of the MCU, axing the Inhumans movie was at the top of the list. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Dude obviously did that to spite Perlmutter. The latter was using the Inhumans as a bargaining chip so that Feige could make Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Then when Feige got full control of the MCU, axing the Inhumans movie was at the top of the list. Lmao.
    This. Some people argue that it's Ike's fault for taking it to TV. Yet The Inhumans movie was delayed multiple times while captain marvel and Infinity wars stayed locked in until eventually had no theater date at all. This is before ike grabbed it. If Feige cared anything about it he wouldn't have left it on shelf or let Ike take it off his hands. I wouldn't be surprised if it had gotten scrapped even without the tv show.

When Kevin Feige is doing publicity for The Eternals and someone asks him who The Eternals are his response is always..... "They aren't The Inhumans and that's all that matters"

The real reason The Russo brothers aren't coming back to Marvel is because Kevin Feige caught them reading comics starring The Inhumans.

Kevin Feige doesn't burn wood in his fireplace....he burns Inhumans comics.

Kevin Feige's hatred of Medusa is so great that he is on a quest to eliminate all red heads not only from the MCU but from Disney altogether.

Kevin Feige is heavily involved in stem for the sole purpose of telling the next generation of astronauts about the moon....being the setting for the worst project Marvel ever made.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-16-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I think that the Inhumans may come about again, through Fantastic Four related properties in the MCU, or at least that is what I hope for.
    For one, it would cool down the bad association as well as having some distance between Eternals and such appearances.
    It may be that they'll be used in plot situations before any spinning off.

Still I would want to see them respected in any other things that would normally lead to their presence in the MCU.
    My best guess is they haven't figured out how to integrate them into this playing field. Ms. Marvel is obvious, so I hope they don't back out.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Eternals was most likely chosen over Inhumans and Mutants is because what it can set up things better. The Eternals being these beyond ancient beings, those who know the shapers of the Cosmic rules. Inhumans being used eventually with the possible hint of a Dark Avengers and Hammer having nations of great advancements and super powered beings could play a big role. The thing is that needs to be built up, while the cosmic rules is already built and needs to be explained.

I refuse to believe that Kevin Fucking Feige would hate ANY Marvel property, let alone one with such deep roots. The Inhumans will come back when it's their time.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I refuse to believe that Kevin Fucking Feige would hate ANY Marvel property, let alone one with such deep roots. The Inhumans will come back when it's their time.
    I agree. The narrative that Feige hates a group just because a group of people want to hate on them makes no sense. I can see him not getting along with his boss and having creative differences.

He pushed back The Inhumans movie because they got Spider-Man, and they were definitely planning on making it instead of The Eternals, but things went the way they did and they used the eternals in the inhumans slot.

Was Feige's plan to make an Eternals movie all along? It was according to the people who started the rumors.

I don't think than Feige did hate the inhumans per se. On the other hand, I don't think he loves them a lot also.

You can see it this way: the inhumans were a symbol of what Feige really hated and that was the Marvel Creative Comittee (MCC), with such marvelous guys such as Perlmuter, Loeb, Bendis and Quesada among others, who in their insistence of pushing for a media synergy (make coincide everything in comics, animations and live action) tried to submit the decisions of Marvel Studios to their whims, something I don't think Feige was happy with, considering than in later actions, he took over all Marvel divisions, by strategics movements, which indicates a whishing for control.
    If anything, the Inhumans were the victims in a power struggle between Feige and the Comittee. Pushing back the Inhumans planned movie when he got absoloute control over Marvel Studios and independent of the comittee was the way of Feige to say "F*ck you!" to Perlmutter and friends. The reaction of the Comittee? The tv series and we know how that went. But that was an excellent excuse that would help to Feige to became the absolute boss of Marvel and dissolve the MCC.
    In this context, you can see the inhumans as an unwilling pawn in the game of power. They got backed by the wrong guys.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I don't think he hated the franchise itself but still I feel like he didn't try to hold onto the movie. We never hear anything of him trying to fight it and the MCU was never short on rumors. All the movies got delayed for spidey but Inhumans got delayed again iirc for Frozen 2 or something and then it didn't have a date at all. It's not like he isn't willing to fight, he fought for Widow and Captain Marvel and Mark Ruffalo said he was threaten to quit if they didn't allow more diversity in the films. I can't see how the inhumans were pulled from under him so easily unless he allowed. Especially since Kamala didn't get pulled on to the inhumans bus.
    Last edited by mung; 09-18-2021 at 10:09 AM.

I don't see how doing mental gymnastics of how they were used in a proxy war for Feige's relationship with the higher-ups is doing anything except remind us they weren't given a chance. The post mortem of their MCU fiasco just ends with similar conclusions.

It's just become depressing following them at this point.

Astonishing Member

Still I do wonder what it would have been like if we got Inhumans film. Would it have been the show's premise but more thought out, and better release. More money, better behind the scenes people in charge.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    More money, better behind the scenes people in charge.
    More fantastic, futuristic architecture, definitely.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Still I do wonder what it would have been like if we got Inhumans film. Would it have been the show's premise but more thought out, and better release. More money, better behind the scenes people in charge.
    It would've been the Eternals movie with an Inhumans logo. Same director, actors, etc., but just "Inhumans."