Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sentry's recollections are the definition of 'unreliable narrator.' It would amuse me if someone brought it up later and Crystal was like, "Who? I've never met the dude. I was in Attilan that entire year."

Was the 'Crystal' he dated a figment of his imagination? Brought to life by his powers? A Skrull imposter (bonus points if it was Lyja, and he slept with another of Johnny's exes while trying to hook up with Crystal)? A Doombot? Only the Water knows!
    This book was writen by Bendis. He has Karnak call Gorgon brother, they are cousins. Wait what's that about "the Water knows"?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Off topic, but I was looking at the Solicits for Darkhold. The Alpha issue solicit has Black Bolt, but it doesn't seem relevant after that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Off topic, but I was looking at the Solicits for Darkhold. The Alpha issue solicit has Black Bolt, but it doesn't seem relevant after that.
    Only 2 other heroes mention have Solicts revealed so far Blade, and Ironman both who on the Black Bolt version of the cover. So will see his most likely in a future month.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Tracked it down, New Avengers #24
    So this is the retcon that explains - - makes Crystal, seem like a ______ fill in the blank. I've never read this, but had heard about it.

So typical, can't stand it. Well, there literally goes my childhood youth memories. I began reading the FF around #64. I seemed to know the characters and for years loved the contours of J and C's romance. I was 11 or 12.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sentry's recollections are the definition of 'unreliable narrator.' It would amuse me if someone brought it up later and Crystal was like, "Who? I've never met the dude. I was in Attilan that entire year."

Was the 'Crystal' he dated a figment of his imagination? Brought to life by his powers? A Skrull imposter (bonus points if it was Lyja, and he slept with another of Johnny's exes while trying to hook up with Crystal)? A Doombot? Only the Water knows!
    What an intriguing idea. And not only was she Lyja, but maybe, as a first attempt with her, her commanders made her go deep, and she didn't know she was a skrull sleeper agent.

Was she ever shown to be complicit in Alicia's capture (I think it was retconned to supposedly have happened during the first Secret Wars, when Ben or others weren't able to help her. Sue was pregnant, etc.)

sorry to go off topic.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Apparently the event goes like this Darkhold Alpha, five one shots featuring Blade, Iron man, spidey, Wasp, and Black Bolt, Darkhold Omega. Black Bolt is listed in the TPB with the other four as the heroes that Wanda got to read to the Darkhold. I hope he isn't only one left in the cold. So far it seems like he should get a one shot just like Blade and Tony got.
    https://www.amazon.com/Darkhold-Marv.../dp/1302925849

Any sense of whether all are essential to understand the story?

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Nope, the solits told us more than the announcements and it sounds like they are basically elseworlds with only the first and the last one being in the 616. We haven't gotten a full interview from anyone yet.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Black Bolt is listed in the TPB with the other four as the heroes that Wanda got to read to the Darkhold. I hope he isn't only one left in the cold. So far it seems like he should get a one shot just like Blade and Tony got.
    I think Marvel is saving the others' stories for the month after.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

I am betting it will be like, marvel generations. So it will make the story better (worse for the Iron issue IMO) by giving what happens to each, but someone can just read issues they want.

Nope, the solits told us more than the announcements and it sounds like they are basically elseworlds with only the first and the last one being in the 616. We haven't gotten a full interview from anyone yet.
    That's annoying. I think, unfortunately, that I'll end up skipping this and catching it on Unlimited.

Astonishing Member

That's annoying. I think, unfortunately, that I'll end up skipping this and catching it on Unlimited.
    Could always wait for the first 2 months of the story, and see how it will be done.

Astonishing Member

So Black Bolt thread has preview of Darkhold, and Ms. Marvel thread has image of her with energy construct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Small preview of art from Darkhold: Alpha, including upcoming appearance of Black Bolt, first one since that Dr Strange arc I think

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/02/ma...ron-man-blade/
    reposting from the bb thread. I might be reading too much into a one panel background, but he isn't on Mar's moon is he?
    Last edited by mung; 08-02-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Looks like our regular moon. I wonder if they aren't preparing to reset status quo without explanation.