Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I was under the impression that the Moon Girl cartoon was on the regular Disney channel.
    Well with how things are more and more things are going to digital platforms. Although Disney does still put things on it, high chance it will first go there.

[QUOTE=Holt;5569347]Surprising easter egg at Avengers Campus.

/QUOTE]

The black and red looks like it could be Dante, our favorite fire slinging Inhuman.

Last edited by Seren; 06-04-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

[QUOTE=Seren;5570705]
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Surprising easter egg at Avengers Campus.

/QUOTE]

The black and red looks like it could be Dante, our favorite fire slinging Inhuman.

It's probably him, as mention by Ray some of these are references from Marvel rising. The mary janes are Ghost-spide'rs band. I can't think of someone with the same logo and also among the teen heroes.

Astonishing Member

That works well. He is one of the characters Marvel did really try with both in and out of comics. Being one of the first Nuhumans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    That works well. He is one of the characters Marvel did really try with both in and out of comics. Being one of the first Nuhumans.
    Yeah. Dante Petruz/Inferno was, especially starting out, the "face" of the NuHumans. More than Ms. Marvel, who's ties to Inhumanity were all so fluid and often tenuous and fleeting. Flint/Jason/Jayson kind of took that role, though, and not really in the same way Dante held the role as the NuHumans' face. (I miss them being together, honestly.) But Dante/Inferno was the OG NuHuman in so many ways, even if he wasn't the first of who we'd come to know as NuHuman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah. Dante Petruz/Inferno was, especially starting out, the "face" of the NuHumans. More than Ms. Marvel, who's ties to Inhumanity were all so fluid and often tenuous and fleeting. Flint/Jason/Jayson kind of took that role, though, and not really in the same way Dante held the role as the NuHumans' face. (I miss them being together, honestly.) But Dante/Inferno was the OG NuHuman in so many ways, even if he wasn't the first of who we'd come to know as NuHuman.
    Well come resurreXtiOn they both got a chance to star in a team book, though seperate books. Dante was used a good amount in the animated showing up the most in Avengers Assemble besides Ms. Marvel, and Marvel: Rising. Jayson got live action in Agents of SHIELD.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You know what is weird. While this is great, and everyone is saying how this is what Inhumans is, not the ANAD/Nuhuman era of Inhumans is not Inhumans, but just Inhumans being Mutants. The Marvel Knights story is literally following 2 plots. Humans hating and want to kill Inhumans, and Inhumans who are struggling or really liking a change that happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    You know what is weird. While this is great, and everyone is saying how this is what Inhumans is, not the ANAD/Nuhuman era of Inhumans is not Inhumans, but just Inhumans being Mutants. The Marvel Knights story is literally following 2 plots. Humans hating and want to kill Inhumans, and Inhumans who are struggling or really liking a change that happened to them.
    I think a lot of it is the tone and motivations. The humans aren't fully out for the sake of racism, the guy was in league with Max and thought he could get something out of it. The kids going through terrigenisis were all from Attilan, they knew what they were getting in to. It's like most mutants where it pops out of nowhere. The solution involved intentionally sending people on suicide missions. It had some Inhuman only elements like the alpha primatives. For the most part I think this book being one of the closest looks we have at Inhuman society is why people consider it "what Inhuman is". Most books don't spend a lot of time in the city. The nuhumans due to their origins act like regular humans which is how most mutants act so I can see why people would think they are just mutants. There is nothing you can do the shake that. IF regular people were suddenly converted into asgardians or Eternals it would look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I think a lot of it is the tone and motivations. The humans aren't fully out for the sake of racism, the guy was in league with Max and thought he could get something out of it. The kids going through terrigenisis were all from Attilan, they knew what they were getting in to. It's like most mutants where it pops out of nowhere. The solution involved intentionally sending people on suicide missions. It had some Inhuman only elements like the alpha primatives. For the most part I think this book being one of the closest looks we have at Inhuman society is why people consider it "what Inhuman is". Most books don't spend a lot of time in the city. The nuhumans due to their origins act like regular humans which is how most mutants act so I can see why people would think they are just mutants. There is nothing you can do the shake that. IF regular people were suddenly converted into asgardians or Eternals it would look the same.
    There's a lot about inhumans and how comics work that categorizes characters. Comic book characters don't usually radically change and are consistant through out decades, and when something changes, it could be seen as rocking the boat too much, which is what happened to the inhumans. Mutants should only be beings who live amongst humans and face discrimination/persecution/death on a daily basis to be true to what a mutant is. If you change that, they aren't mutants anymore. We could say that, but them being given a 180 change has proven to be accepted.

Now mutants are group of superhuman individuals who decided to form a nation because they were tired of what they faced and are creating a culture and community. This is what the inhumans did. I'd argue that inhumans are a race and most of the comics we've had focused on one family of one nation, but there were always more out there. When Inhumanity came along, we saw that when the Fantastic Four cover said "inhumans among us" they meant literally that they were among humans and living side by side with them.

If you were an inhuman who didn't live in an inhuman city, you'd probably live like a mutant which is what happened. And everything that happened post-Inhumanity seemed natural. There was mass Terregenisis on Earth, and we have to help our people and let them know we got their back and if they need to, they could come find refuge with us. I can see how people can equate this with Professor X/the X-Men looking for mutants and bringing them back to the X Mansion for refuge, but it's because they share this being a similar species. They only made 100 eternals that look like supermodels and have powers they can control and had the opportunity to control, and Asgardians live in another pocket dimension. Inhumans and mutants have random outcomes and are usually born looking human, whereas inhumans always look human.

I think I said this already, but Inhumanity showed us the difference between inhumans and the Inhumans. Where one means a race like mutants, humans and eternals, and the other is the name of the specific group, or team, like the Eternals and the New Mutants. The current X-Men run is showing us how similar mutants and inhumans are, because they both led to the same end, not being able to live with humans because of their differences, so they close themselves off to live like normal people. The mutants' destiny was to become like Attilaneans.

I think Noek makes good points, "Humans hating and want to kill Inhumans, and Inhumans who are struggling or really liking a change that happened to them." It's why Attilan and Krakoa exist.

There are from way before Inhumanity.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 06-07-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Is there a good way to introduce the Inhumans in MCU with royal family being involved first? I am just wondering with Ms Marvel coming up if there good way to introduce the concepts of human with going to deep inhuman stuff which for some reason Marvel still has toxic. I think the Avengers game did a solid job doing it but I was wondering has there been an other set ups that have work without royal family and Attitlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    There's a lot about inhumans and how comics work that categorizes characters. Comic book characters don't usually radically change and are consistant through out decades, and when something changes, it could be seen as rocking the boat too much, which is what happened to the inhumans. Mutants should only be beings who live amongst humans and face discrimination/persecution/death on a daily basis to be true to what a mutant is. If you change that, they aren't mutants anymore. We could say that, but them being given a 180 change has proven to be accepted.
    Honestly Mutants should not be only being who are persecuted, For me it is like saying Black people or Jews should be only people persecuted in America and we know that is not case for example recently Asians have gotten focus for the mistreatment they have gotten in America. Anyways the point is a more well rounded Marvel would have Inhumans facing on some level issues that mutants have imo it is just not real for them not to face some of the samethings. But a good writer could put a contrast so they are doing the exact same things for example in real life Asians by racists are seen as "the model minority" it is thrown in other minorities faces why can't you be like Asians. So it is possible to have two different problematic takes on minorities. And before Krakoa you could have gone why can't mutants by like Inhumans they just want to live away by themselves and not bother anyone.

I think that should have been contrast between the two groups Inhumans who are more isolationist who are just trying to get their people and back to their space ,Mutants who are trying live with in human society and frequently interact with humans. Both groups would face prejudice but they would be different interactions with them because what each one is trying to do. I have a bad joke about Marvel is Human Torch, Inferno and Sunfire all on fire walk into a bar. Marvel citizens immediately throw sunfire out of the bar for being Mutant. It is amazing Marvel humans ability to tell super beings apart. Anyways overall it is fine to have some over lap you already point that out tho

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly Mutants should not be only being who are persecuted, For me it is like saying Black people or Jews should be only people persecuted in America and we know that is not case for example recently Asians have gotten focus for the mistreatment they have gotten in America. Anyways the point is a more well rounded Marvel would have Inhumans facing on some level issues that mutants have imo it is just not real for them not to face some of the samethings. But a good writer could put a contrast so they are doing the exact same things for example in real life Asians by racists are seen as "the model minority" it is thrown in other minorities faces why can't you be like Asians. So it is possible to have two different problematic takes on minorities. And before Krakoa you could have gone why can't mutants by like Inhumans they just want to live away by themselves and not bother anyone.

I think that should have been contrast between the two groups Inhumans who are more isolationist who are just trying to get their people and back to their space ,Mutants who are trying live with in human society and frequently interact with humans. Both groups would face prejudice but they would be different interactions with them because what each one is trying to do. I have a bad joke about Marvel is Human Torch, Inferno and Sunfire all on fire walk into a bar. Marvel citizens immediately throw sunfire out of the bar for being Mutant. It is amazing Marvel humans ability to tell super beings apart. Anyways overall it is fine to have some over lap you already point that out tho
    I agree that mutants shouldn't be the only "persecuted" group, especially since Marvel can write stories about real world people, but they just use them as a way to not cause controversies and still sell comics. If it gets too real, people will start burning comic books for some reason. With Moongirl and Ms. Marvel, they showed us how being inhuman was being tied to something personal and cultural as opposed to a random phenomenon, the same way someone is born into a religion and don't have a choice to participate in it because their parents impose it on them, or that some people are, for example, American because they were raised in the US, but physically are always tied to another country and people because of the way they might look.

Lunella and Kamala didn't move to Attilan and were independent while still being genetically inhuman and it was okay. It was different with mutants because they were almost forcing people like Franklin to accept that they were one of them and to almost forcibly join them. It bothers me when people say that Moongirl and Ms. Marvel are hardly inhuman because they saw that almost every mutant that Marvel made was at some point very tied to the X-Men. I'm glad that when they made inhumans, they brought more diversity into their mythos.

And going back to what you said, I think having two or more fictional allegories for discriminated groups could show that in the real world discriminated groups don't work together because they see the differences more despite being better by working together to combat hate. They are discriminated for different reasons, but they could support each other. And it's true that the Human Torch, Spider-Man, Black Bolt, the Hulk could be mutants and mutants can be mutates depending on their origin story.

At for most of the inhumans' history, they were made to teach lessons on why culture can't always be defended and how we can change, like with the Alpha Primitives and Ahura's birth (which is questionable). These ideas were supposed to be challenged, not praised and it was obvious that they weren't pushing for it. The new inhumans were also a lot older or a lot younger, as opposed to being adolescents that go through puberty, which is a different concept from that of the mutants.

If they had been given more time, they could've explored a lot more, and at some point had an event WITH the X-Men and not versus them.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Is there a good way to introduce the Inhumans in MCU with royal family being involved first? I am just wondering with Ms Marvel coming up if there good way to introduce the concepts of human with going to deep inhuman stuff which for some reason Marvel still has toxic. I think the Avengers game did a solid job doing it but I was wondering has there been an other set ups that have work without royal family and Attitlan.

this is an amazing point or three.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Good summation of previous post and extra value thoughts given. thanks.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all