Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I've seen several people who were ardent haters of Soule's Inhumans and Asmus' All-New Inhumans because they were "x-men replacements" finally pick up the book and actually read it now that it's all over and are like "oh. These books are actually really good?" And I just want to scream.
    I just hope this means that these people will give a new Inhumans book a chance, and Marvel won't have their story lines act like it is replacing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So Crystal in this week's FF:
    spoilers:
    You think it's New Arctilan? Which we haven't seen in over a year, maybe more. And her cutting short the chat for "Royal Family Business" will hopefully lead to an actual story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It didn't look like it, no glowing crystal or stone buildings. Johnny said it was their deep space communication so they likely aren't on the moon. The buildings kinda reminded me of Novahala from Royals. I hate to put more stock in this if there isn't a plan but what if they moved in with universal Inhumans since all their queens got murdered.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I've seen several people who were ardent haters of Soule's Inhumans and Asmus' All-New Inhumans because they were "x-men replacements" finally pick up the book and actually read it now that it's all over and are like "oh. These books are actually really good?" And I just want to scream.
    Like a lot of things that were going on in that era, a lot of the hate was based on what they were being told by either YouTubers or read on clickbait websites, the funny thing is that a lot of the current X-Men book borrowed from that era of Inhumans.

Hopefully, with Slott using Crystal in FF today and Ewing basically in charge of Marvel space, the Inhumans will slowly start to be integrated back into Marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Is it too much to ask for an Inhumans easter egg in Eternals? Not an obvious one, but something comic fans would spot.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Especially if they wanna perhaps tie some of Marvel's existing superpowered sub-races in a little closer.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you consider those reasons legitimate, the end result is the same. I'm not even sure why this is an argument. We're going on how many years now with most of the characters MIA?

Plenty of characters are declared toxic and put out to pasture for a bit before coming back. The Inhumans are now different than Hawkman, Donna Troy or Stephanie Brown a few years ago.
    They were objectively illegitimate because that theory came from one or two articles from a comic tabloid website that gave examples of how they canceled an X-Men statue and a trading card game, and decided to link it to the inhumans. If the writer was impartial, he would've said Marvel canceled some merchandise and are making more Avengers products to promote upcoming movies.

The inhumans are more toxic and because of this online feud, Marvel basically amalgamated them with the X-Men living in X-Attilan, with the X-Genetic Counsel and hatching from cocoons. Hickman wrote inhumans stuff in FF and Infinity. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's incorporated elements from characters he was researching and writing for. They've reached a status of fan service and easter eggs in future content (in the comics, not the MCU), not ongoing books. Aside from Ms. Marvel and Moongirl of course.

The biggest problem was people not even picking up an inhuman book and never giving them a change because of the general push-back from other fans, and probably the writing in the events that everyone hated, from Civil War 2 to IvX. They shined in their solo books, like most characters do, and not the events. "Black Bolt" won a prize, and they still black listed the inhumans.

I'm still hoping my boy Reader pops up. He's Han Solo with jojo's bizarre adventure powers. Dude needs a solo or miniseries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm still hoping my boy Reader pops up. He's Han Solo with jojo's bizarre adventure powers. Dude needs a solo or miniseries.
    Seconded! Of the Nuhumans, he's my favourite.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Seconded! Of the Nuhumans, he's my favourite.
    Well he is technically not a Nuhuman. He was introduced at the time but he comes from an Inhuman society, he had his powers before the bomb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well he is technically not a Nuhuman. He was introduced at the time but he comes from an Inhuman society, he had his powers before the bomb.
    Yeah. Reader originally hailed from Orollan, the same place as Thane, prior to being exiled and before it was destroyed.

(And admittedly, I get the feeling that you can tell how deeply someone followed the Inhuman/NuHuman Marvel period by whether they believe Reader is a NuHuman or not.)

Not gonna lie, hearing that and thinking how much we've since missed out makes me want scream in abject sorrow and fury right along with you.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-14-2021 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Wow. I really wasn't paying attention to how I formatted this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They were objectively illegitimate because that theory came from one or two articles from a comic tabloid website that gave examples of how they canceled an X-Men statue and a trading card game, and decided to link it to the inhumans. If the writer was impartial, he would've said Marvel canceled some merchandise and are making more Avengers products to promote upcoming movies.
    None of which has anything to do with the end result, as I just said. Anything else is just splitting hairs.

The inhumans are more toxic and because of this online feud, Marvel basically amalgamated them with the X-Men living in X-Attilan, with the X-Genetic Counsel and hatching from cocoons. Hickman wrote inhumans stuff in FF and Infinity. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's incorporated elements from characters he was researching and writing for. They've reached a status of fan service and easter eggs in future content (in the comics, not the MCU), not ongoing books. Aside from Ms. Marvel and Moongirl of course.
    If you seriously believe the Inhumans won't appear again, I don't know what to tell you. That's pretty dramatic.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    None of which has anything to do with the end result, as I just said. Anything else is just splitting hairs.

If you seriously believe the Inhumans won't appear again, I don't know what to tell you. That's pretty dramatic.
    They haven't appeared in the past five years, and the royals pretty much failed. There's no financial incentive either, so I don't believe they will get another series, no. They'll pop up in cameos though. They're basically going back to their 80's status. In the 90's, Crystal was very present and in Earth X, the inhumans played a big role, then came Marvel Knights, War of Kings, etc.

The final result was a result of everything I mentioned. A website published articles saying that they canceled X-Men merchandise and to blame the inhumans, and it got to a point where people hated the IP "Inhumans" without knowing the characters. The same thing happened with other IP's at the time, so it wasn't just the inhumans that suffered in sales because of it.

I'd be screaming with happiness, most people don't even want to make the smallest attempt to know them....
    Last edited by Fort Nerd; 05-13-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

The bottom line is a LOT of misinformation and a lack of using LOGIC got not just the Inhumans but a LOT of those "targeted" IPS attacked for no reason.
    Along with pandering since then.

If I am being told my character is being replaced, I should not see said character in ANYTHING-like what happened to Wally West (and some Batgirls). Yet I am still seeing them in some form in books.

Too much of what we saw was trolls who ONLY saw a cover or in this case a promo poster and took full advantage of it. We are still seeing it with a LOT of the push back DC is now getting. And we will see it with Falcon in a certain suit and movie and the moment Kamala appears on screen.

For Marvel to pander to that speak way more about how the company is run. We got a MESS with Black Panther and now we have to make OTHERS feel good by not using Inhumans.

If your franchise has 10-20 books-it's not your business to worry about what is being done with ANY other franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Details...details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Details...details
    Well I guess one detail is being from an Inhuman Kingdom this will make it less like the Mutants, and going more into the closer GoT/ASoIaF that people really like of the Inhumans. Which makes his return and use more likely.