Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

It was the oddly close red planet in the sky throwing me off

Astonishing Member

There’s probably something tragi-comic if the Inhumans are hiding in Phobos/Deimos right under Storm’s nose

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There’s probably something tragi-comic if the Inhumans are hiding in Phobos/Deimos right under Storm’s nose
    But Mars isn't red anymore right, since it became Arrako right? Unless this is done before that, which might explain Wanda.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Could still be Earth with a red glow on the visible part for some reason.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=126211823
    Gallery has a larger version of the preview designs.
    Well now that we know a little bit more about the story any speculations on what a "defiled" Black Bolt would be. So far we got monster vampire Blade and Iron man as some flesh blob barely contained by his suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But Mars isn't red anymore right, since it became Arrako right? Unless this is done before that, which might explain Wanda.
    Well, Victorius has her doom mask, so it's after the wedding which iirc was before Doom went to space because that was entire reason for marrying her and his meeting with gotg is also before the gala.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Well, Victorius has her doom mask, so it's after the wedding which iirc was before Doom went to space because that was entire reason for marrying her and his meeting with gotg is also before the gala.
    So right after doom leaves it looks to be the time of this book. I am guessing all the character issue's happen at the same time. It also means the Inhumans are on that other planet as Crystal talked to Johnny before he selpt with Victorius that issue before the wedding.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think Arrako itself has a reddy colour, but I do take the point that this is before the Gala

Astonishing Member

I think Arrako itself has a reddy colour, but I do take the point that this is before the Gala
    With this going on I am kind of happy a good enough reason Black Bolt wasn't in that Illuminati reunion going on.

I finally reread Once and Future Kings, this time with a better understanding of the plot. I'm still not a fan of the writing (the Inhumans speak like bad Ren Fair, half the plot is explained through dialogue, plus I get massive genre dissonance because of Elisha and Spiderman) At least this time around I actually knew who Bentley Whitman was.
    Love the concept of an Inhumans prequel story, but maybe they should have made it more self-contained?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I finally reread Once and Future Kings, this time with a better understanding of the plot. I'm still not a fan of the writing (the Inhumans speak like bad Ren Fair, half the plot is explained through dialogue, plus I get massive genre dissonance because of Elisha and Spiderman) At least this time around I actually knew who Bentley Whitman was.
    Love the concept of an Inhumans prequel story, but maybe they should have made it more self-contained?
    The Woman of Marvel Medusa story by G Willow Wilson was nice, maybe having something like that for each House of Agon Adult member. Since they were young enough when Black Bolt took the crown, right after that seeing how they handle it.

Huh, I didn't even realize that it existed. I looked it up just now. Kinda sad that Black Bolt's not in it, though it makes sense, since he'd be imprisoned during that time. That reminds me I wanted to do a prequel story where he stays in his cell and acts as the Guy in the Chair, while the others are solving a mystery.

Astonishing Member

Once and Future Kings played fairly fast and loose, seeing as Triton went from being old enough to be present at the sinking of the Lusitania and implied that he had a relationship with Namor’s mother to being roughly in the same age group as the older X-Men or Luke Cage

And if Medusa is around Peter’s age; how old was Crystal when she got involved with Johnny?

Astonishing Member

Once and Future Kings played fairly fast and loose, seeing as Triton went from being old enough to be present at the sinking of the Lusitania and implied that he had a relationship with Namor’s mother to being roughly in the same age group as the older X-Men or Luke Cage

And if Medusa is around Peter’s age; how old was Crystal when she got involved with Johnny?
    The knowing Namor's mother feels weird since the 2 of them meet later on as strangers only that they both knew the F4 had them work together. This later on became them becomig friends and I would say eventually brothers.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Once and Future Kings didn't really seem to overly care about continuity, imo.

That being said, Medusa and Crystal are just sisters. Crystal even got married first. Although there always seems to be this significant age gap, they could be relatively close in age. It's possible for both Medusa and Crystal to be around Johnny's age.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?