Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They haven't appeared in the past five years, and the royals pretty much failed. There's no financial incentive either, so I don't believe they will get another series, no. They'll pop up in cameos though. They're basically going back to their 80's status. In the 90's, Crystal was very present and in Earth X, the inhumans played a big role, then came Marvel Knights, War of Kings, etc.

The final result was a result of everything I mentioned. A website published articles saying that they canceled X-Men merchandise and to blame the inhumans, and it got to a point where people hated the IP "Inhumans" without knowing the characters. The same thing happened with other IP's at the time, so it wasn't just the inhumans that suffered in sales because of it.
    Actually it is 4 years they were last used in Royals 2017. That is me not counting Lockjaw due to it being a Solo, as well me not counting DotI becuase I hate it. So 4 years, Black Knight had a book in 2015, and it lasted 5 issues. He recently got a book now in the current year of 2021. And I do not want to hear "Eternals" because 1) There has been little to no info on that movie, 2) Even less info on him in that movie, 3) Even if we use the logic of the Eternals movie to justify it, this means the Inhumans have a chance for at least a mini when Ms. Marvel comes out, and finally 4) Eternals is also a book now so there can be a Ms. Marvel book, and an Inhuman just as those 2 books came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well I guess one detail is being from an Inhuman Kingdom this will make it less like the Mutants, and going more into the closer GoT/ASoIaF that people really like of the Inhumans. Which makes his return and use more likely.
    Honestly I doubt the Inhuman haters would care about that. I basically see them just lumping him with the NuHumans and calling it a day.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Actually it is 4 years they were last used in Royals 2017. That is me not counting Lockjaw due to it being a Solo, as well me not counting DotI becuase I hate it. So 4 years, Black Knight had a book in 2015, and it lasted 5 issues. He recently got a book now in the current year of 2021. And I do not want to hear "Eternals" because 1) There has been little to no info on that movie, 2) Even less info on him in that movie, 3) Even if we use the logic of the Eternals movie to justify it, this means the Inhumans have a chance for at least a mini when Ms. Marvel comes out, and finally 4) Eternals is also a book now so there can be a Ms. Marvel book, and an Inhuman just as those 2 books came out.
    I really wanted to see eternals, inhumans, and mutants team up in something. It sucks that Marvel fractured them so much. Using Mister Sinister as a villain I'm the Secret Warriors book made so much sense and could have been like a Bloodlines event. They changed the origin of the eternal race in the movies, so they aren't as similar as inhumans. I mean, they're similar because the Tree used the Celestial's "eternals" projet when they made inhumans, so it's easy to explain in the comics. I'm really anxious, and scared, to see what they decide to do with Ms. Marvel. The Secret Warriors cartoon made her an inhuman, but didn't feature the Inhumans except for Lockjaw that came out of nowhere.

They haven't appeared in the past five years, and the royals pretty much failed. There's no financial incentive either, so I don't believe they will get another series, no.
    I didn't say a series, I said that they'll be back.

The final result was a result of everything I mentioned. A website published articles saying that they canceled X-Men merchandise and to blame the inhumans, and it got to a point where people hated the IP "Inhumans" without knowing the characters. The same thing happened with other IP's at the time, so it wasn't just the inhumans that suffered in sales because of it.
    And as I said, that doesn't change that they were rejected. You're splitting hairs. The definition of the term rejected isn't that it has nothing to do with narratives or negative PR.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I really wanted to see eternals, inhumans, and mutants team up in something.
    This. I posted years ago how a more altruistic Illuminati with a UN-type structure should be pan-racial to include Eternals and Deviants as well as other terran races out there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I didn't say a series, I said that they'll be back.

And as I said, that doesn't change that they were rejected. You're splitting hairs. The definition of the term rejected isn't that it has nothing to do with narratives or negative PR.
    They weren't rejected, or not even read, because of their name and what people associated it with, not the actual story. As someone mentioned, some people didn't want to read them and when they finally did, they weren't disappointed. I don't get what hairs I'm splitting.

Yeah, they'll be back for an issue or two, but we aren't getting anymore character building or meaningful stories like the Black Bolt series or All New Inhumans. I think Black Bolt's supposed to be in one issue of the Scarlet Witch Darkholm mini-series.

They weren't rejected, or not even read, because of their name and what people associated it with, not the actual story. As someone mentioned, some people didn't want to read them and when they finally did, they weren't disappointed. I don't get what hairs I'm splitting.
    Yes, they were. People didn't buy the books and they were cancelled. That's rejection. You seem to argue with literally everything I post on here for some reason, but this is just getting a bit silly now.

Yeah, they'll be back for an issue or two, but we aren't getting anymore character building or meaningful stories like the Black Bolt series or All New Inhumans. I think Black Bolt's supposed to be in one issue of the Scarlet Witch Darkholm mini-series.
    The Inhumans survived for decades without all that. They'll be fine.

Astonishing Member

I really wanted to see eternals, inhumans, and mutants team up in something. It sucks that Marvel fractured them so much. Using Mister Sinister as a villain I'm the Secret Warriors book made so much sense and could have been like a Bloodlines event. They changed the origin of the eternal race in the movies, so they aren't as similar as inhumans. I mean, they're similar because the Tree used the Celestial's "eternals" projet when they made inhumans, so it's easy to explain in the comics. I'm really anxious, and scared, to see what they decide to do with Ms. Marvel. The Secret Warriors cartoon made her an inhuman, but didn't feature the Inhumans except for Lockjaw that came out of nowhere.
    Well other Inhumans were used although just Quake, Inferno, and Exile plus some unamed ones. In fact Inhumans going missing being taken by the Kree was the main plot. So out on nowhere is a bit of a streach. As for her show the rumors have her being Inhuman, and N.I.C.E. is meant to be Inuhuman related. There is Kamran who from this article is named Inhuman https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...-inhumans-mcu/ so the chances of her being it are high. I don't get peoples fear of them not being in the MCU Fiege has shown an interest, I am guessing he just didn't want to be strong armed into doing them a certain way, or the other works he had planned being threatened.

Also I feel you did miss the main point of my reply, that just because something has been gone a long time doesn't mean it won't be back.

Yes, they were. People didn't buy the books and they were cancelled. That's rejection. You seem to argue with literally everything I post on here for some reason, but this is just getting a bit silly now.

The Inhumans survived for decades without all that. They'll be fine.
    Sorry. I meant to put that they were rejected. It was a typo. Yes, not enough people bought their books or ever bothered to read them because they were seen as pariahs and what people told them they were. They didn't bother getting to know the characters. The people who did usually liked them, especially Reader, Flint and Frank McGee.

Since this is an Inhumans thread, I suppose we'd like to see them and not have them completely absent and irrelevant from comicdom. That's why it's annoying to be aware that they were dead on arrival because of a mob of hate before they even got to spread their wings. If it weren't for the negative online articles basically sabotaging them, I think they would have gotten the welcome The Eternals are getting, which is slight indifference but interest, but not vitriol accompanied by a lobby against them by X-Men fans who write for websites and practically all comic YouTubers. The hate was intense. No IP could've survived that, especially with that show. Captain Marvel did better because the movie wasn't bad and Marvel didn't give in because she wasn't going anywhere. Jane Foster had to die for readers to forgive her. It's ridiculous because everything from that era was never going to be permanent, but everyone acted as if it were.

Shout-out to Vecchio! He gave Swain and Panacea a small cameo in Marvel Pride alongside Ren Kimura.

Last edited by Holt; 05-13-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Shout-out to Vecchio! He gave Swain and Panacea a small cameo in Marvel Pride alongside Ren Kimura.

That is good. Is that Romeo at the bottom?

Mighty Member

That is good. Is that Romeo at the bottom?
    I think so, that looks like the moment he and Bobby shared a kiss

Astonishing Member

So this was a bit of a topic that was being talked a bit a little back, and that is the New Attilian Government and how does everyone think it should be with elections being added.

For me I think it should go like this, 3 bodies:
    1) Parliament, New Attilian is a city so it can be maped as blocks for sections, with each block electing a member of parliament (MP)
    2) Ministers council, using the old caste system to find how the jobs should be divided, if you are a certain rank and up you can run for a Minister position. All below that rank vote, with the dividing line being you either are a runner or a voter. It would only apply for those in that certain system. So science could only vote for science.
    3) The Crown, I can not see the Inhumans getting rid of their Monarchy they are there heroes, as well as I will explain the third body acts as a way to prevnet in fighting and stagnation.

Each body can bring any ideas and plans to be done. When a body does this the members from the other 2 bodies vote with a majority being the offical way that body is going forward. If there is a tie within a body, the crown will act as the deciding factor as they are just one as such a tie is impossible for them.

So any thoughts on mine, how would you all see it should go as?

I think they already had some form of Parliament before. I don't remember where exactly have I read this, but I believe Agon and Rynda were in a Parliament building when they died.

Astonishing Member

Odds are any survivors of New Arctilan joined with New Attilan/Sky Island after DoI.

Considering R’Kill is probably the one who pointed the Imperium at the Inhumans for DoI, it seems unlikely she or Super-Skrull wouldn’t have kept up efforts to remove a fairly obvious potential threat to Hulkling’s throne, so odds are all the tribes (vs individuals like Kamala, Daisy etc) are in hiding

If/when Black Bolt regains his voice he’ll probably regain the inhuman throne