Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1044
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm rereading Uncanny Inhumans and Time Crash feels the MCU blockbuster waiting to happen.
    I really want a lot of the Inhuman comic haters to give at least that arc a read, and say honestly is it a Mutant rip off.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Once and Future also doesn't really make sense when Triton was canonically old enough to have been witness to the sinking of the Lusitania as a teenager and may have courted Dorma

Medusa being an age peer to Spider-man also raises... questions about how old Crystal was when she encountered Torch
    It doesn't really help the continuity situation, but the Inhumans have always had continuity issues so why be consistent now?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I really want a lot of the Inhuman comic haters to give at least that arc a read, and say honestly is it a Mutant rip off.
    That's more All new Inhumans. Uncanny was more like an FF book.

Astonishing Member

That's more All new Inhumans. Uncanny was more like an FF book.
    Maybe some of the stories had an F4 feel but as a whole it really felt more like an ensemble of stories for people of New Attilan. First a time traveling story to rescue someone, then a mystery that could start a war between nations.

Maybe some of the stories had an F4 feel but as a whole it really felt more like an ensemble of stories for people of New Attilan. First a time traveling story to rescue someone, then a mystery that could start a war between nations.
    Sure but I think BB, Ahura and Medusa was the thouroughline. Most of the plots came back to them like the Civil War 2 tie in and the Reader stuff. The rare exception was the Inhuman versus X-men stuff which focused on Maximus.

PS. They should make a Reader tv show. It's got the potential to be the Mandolorian meets Jojo's bizarre adventure with a bit of Doctor Who. It'll be awesome Y'all.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-29-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's all very cyclical in the end .
    Cyclical or cynical?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Niffleheim

Reader can easily be used to rewrite all the nonsense in Death of the Inhumans.

I wanted to see the transition from monarchy to “democracy” with the Inhumans but it seems we’ll never get it.

Was Iso part of the list of Inhumans killed?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

I wanted to see the transition from monarchy to “democracy” with the Inhumans but it seems we’ll never get it.

Democracy would defeat the entire point of having a Game of Thrones-y or Dune-esque political drama. Granted, having a democratic government would free up the Inhumans to be full time superheroes, but I kinda want them to be full time leaders and see what kinds of stories could be told around that.
    On the other hand, this never seems to be a problem for T'Challa....

Oh and BTW this has been done before.
    lol.jpg

Astonishing Member

Lineage would probably suffice to restore all the Inhumans killed in DoI

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

1st) It was shown she was alive on earth on a Inhumans living on earth screen in DotI #2.

2nd) Yes Reader can though the amount of research time and power, along with the mental healing will mean it will take years.

3rd) A nation can have both a Monarchy and a Democracy. This can range from many today like the Country I am in Canada, to going back to an elective Monarchy like the Holy Roman Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Lineage would probably suffice to restore all the Inhumans killed in DoI
    Lineage is limited to Inhumans he shares a blood relationship with. So if nothing else Triton will be in there since Karnak was.

Astonishing Member

Sure but I think BB, Ahura and Medusa was the thouroughline. Most of the plots came back to them like the Civil War 2 tie in and the Reader stuff. The rare exception was the Inhuman versus X-men stuff which focused on Maximus.

PS. They should make a Reader tv show. It's got the potential to be the Mandolorian meets Jojo's bizarre adventure with a bit of Doctor Who. It'll be awesome Y'all.
    Ya I think if Soule was given more time, and not to be forced into IvX (As the CW2 arc could have stood on its own). I know the Royals will be the main focus but I could see some slice of life stories. There was also a speculation of Johnny training Dante.

But yes yes YES to a Reader show, don't forget to throw in some John Wick as he has martial skills and a Dog. I could see him in an adaption a Daredevil story vol 1 279 - 282 (I cannot find the arc name) but change Daredevil to Reader, Blackheart to the Seeker, maybe Mephisto to Lash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Democracy would defeat the entire point of having a Game of Thrones-y or Dune-esque political drama. Granted, having a democratic government would free up the Inhumans to be full time superheroes, but I kinda want them to be full time leaders and see what kinds of stories could be told around that.

lol.jpg
    While I disagree that they should get rid of the Monarchy (or at the least how it was presented in comics), I also disagree that elections and Democracy couldn't bring unique interesting stories. I am not the biggest fan of The Clone Wars series but will give credit due that the politics was engaging for the most part. In HunterxHunter the chairman election arc was pretty good. Last but most important Rome the hit HBO series dealt greatly in this, although it is also a lesson not everyone cares or wants a Republic, as a driving plot point was Caesar acting like a King and the Senate had to bring him to justice by killing him and restoring the Republic... thing is what Caesar was doing with his Kingly power was making everyones life better.

That's one of my biggest gripes is did the people living in New Attilan want them gone? I bet is a survey went out the Nuhumans would go "Should the Royals not be in charge? 1% said No, 2% said Yes, and 97% said I'm now a shark with a freaking laser attached to my head". As for the native Attilans it would be a Caeser story they loved the Royals their survey (98.9% said no, 0.01% said yes, and 1% said if Black Bolt is restored".

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post

lol.jpg
    I disagree. I think democracy lends itself to game of thrones shenanigans. Plus it's a superhero comic no one is expecting the West wing.
    Ya I think if Soule was given more time, and not to be forced into IvX (As the CW2 arc could have stood on its own). I know the Royals will be the main focus but I could see some slice of life stories. There was also a speculation of Johnny training Dante.

But yes yes YES to a Reader show, don't forget to throw in some John Wick as he has martial skills and a Dog. I could see him in an adaption a Daredevil story vol 1 279 - 282 (I cannot find the arc name) but change Daredevil to Reader, Blackheart to the Seeker, maybe Mephisto to Lash.
    I'd probably add Thane as they come from the same place. You could have them grow up together. You could remove the Thanos is my daddy drama and just make that a consequence of his transition. Lash sees it as a sign but it's not really given a definite answer why.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2021 at 10:02 AM.

I disagree. I think democracy lends itself to game of thrones shenanigans. Plus it's a superhero comic no one is expecting the West wing.

I'd probably add Thane as they come from the same place. You could have them grow up together. You could remove the Thanos is my daddy drama and just make that a consequence of his transition. Lash sees it as a sign but it's not really given a definite answer why.

Considering that this is Marvel we're talking about and Status Quo is God, an election would probably result in Black Bolt being restored to power. Then the writer would be able to make use of both monarchy tropes and democracy tropes.
    It does feel a bit unfair though that we're expecting the Inhumans to give up on the monarchy, while Black Panther is still allowed to be both a political leader and a hero. Was there ever a story arc in which Wakanda goes democratic?

Ultimately, stories about kings and queens and emperors are a form of escapist fantasy just like stories of gods and heroes, no matter what name you assign to them, it's a fantasy of a world of qualified capable leaders who are being trained for their role since childhood and actually care about their people. I think that's what Jack Kirby may have been originally aiming for when he wrote all this early stuff about Black Bolt being noble and selfless and protective. We all know that in real life, monarchy isn't the most optimal way to govern a nation and we know that most leaders are corrupt to some degree, even when democratically elected. But that's the whole point of escapism, no? The real world rules don't have to matter.