Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Inhumans from an alternate earth. 616 inhumans is unclear.
    616 as well Tral was used in both stories Clan Destine vol 2 #2 for the 616 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    616 as well Tral was used in both stories Clan Destine vol 2 #2 for the 616 one.
    Yes, but that wasan adventure than happened like 600 years ago, long before modern iterations of both groups. Maybe Adam or Wally had interacted with those inhumans, ancestors of Black Bolt, but with modern day inhumans, it has been not said.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-21-2021 at 01:59 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    What did I miss?
    There are rumours than the villians in the Ms Marvel series would be the Clan Destine, heroic characters created by Alan Davis, who are long lived hybrids of human and djinn. They would be used instead any villians inhumans characters. I insist, rumours.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Yes, but that wasan adventure than happened like 600 years ago, long before modern iterations of both groups. Maybe Adam or Wally had interacted with those inhumans, ancestors of Black Bolt, but with modern day inhumans, it has been not said.
    Ok fair, though the ancestors may have been grandparents. The Marvel universe handbook has the average non-powered Inhuman lives to 150 years old, and those of the Royal line tend to have even greater genes. But still minor story not even an issue long, but it is new Inhuman content to me. Damn we are desperate.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There are rumours than the villians in the Ms Marvel series would be the Clan Destine, heroic characters created by Alan Davis, who are long lived hybrids of human and djinn. They would be used instead any villians inhumans characters. I insist, rumours.
    I don't have a problem with non-Inhuman villains because Kamala has other villains. I still think the Inhuman connection makes the most sense because it's the closest connection to Captain Marvel. If they're worried about the Inhumans show, just have Captain Marvel stop a Kree weapon in the sky, have it explode, and have people on Earth get transformed (without explaining why they're getting powers).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

forgive my utter ignorance here, but aren't Djinn more of an Arabic thing than a Pakistani thing?

I have no doubt that the Inhumans have been excised from her story, but I feel it would be very odd to staple something like that to Kamala when her heritage is such a big point to her and her story.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    forgive my utter ignorance here, but aren't Djinn more of an Arabic thing than a Pakistani thing?
    Yes. they are, but djinn lore has spread beyond Arabia where there is awareness of it in varying degrees in different cultures. And of course, the modern "grants three wishes" theme has been heavily modified from the original.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

I have no doubt that the Inhumans have been excised from her story, but I feel it would be very odd to staple something like that to Kamala when her heritage is such a big point to her and her story.
    That seems to be the case. Seems to be getting a bit a flak on twitter for either being either stereotyping or culturally insensitive because it seems some bits the Islamic faith may not see Djinns as being a good thing. They really should have just gave her Carol's original origin and have her just get in contact with the kree. Easy way to tie them together beyond just being a fan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    That seems to be the case. Seems to be getting a bit a flak on twitter for either being either stereotyping or culturally insensitive because it seems some bits the Islamic faith may not see Djinns as being a good thing. They really should have just gave her Carol's original origin and have her just get in contact with the kree. Easy way to tie them together beyond just being a fan.
    Funny since they changed Carol's origin because they thought it was to close to Green Lanterns, and now the are giving Kamala powers like Green Lantern.

Ok fair, though the ancestors may have been grandparents. The Marvel universe handbook has the average non-powered Inhuman lives to 150 years old, and those of the Royal line tend to have even greater genes. But still minor story not even an issue long, but it is new Inhuman content to me. Damn we are desperate.
    Ok. to give your inhuman dose, I give you...

antique_Inhumans.jpg

The antique inhumans!.. from 700 years ago.

Funny since they changed Carol's origin because they thought it was to close to Green Lanterns, and now the are giving Kamala powers like Green Lantern.
    Full circle?

Astonishing Member

Full circle?
    More of will learn the wrong lesson. 'Hey people didn't like we changed Carol's origin do you think its because they like things being like Green Lantern, or that they like things following the source material'?

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Star Lord was creepy for that.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"