Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

So darkhold Blade got announced a few days ago. It's written by Daniel kibblesmith and not Steve Orlando. I wonder if that means the Black Bolt one shot will have another writer as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    So darkhold Blade got announced a few days ago. It's written by Daniel kibblesmith and not Steve Orlando. I wonder if that means the Black Bolt one shot will have another writer as well.
    It usually is like that. I hope Saladin Ahmed or Al Ewing.

What is it with Crystal and bad relationships? First, she dates Sentry, and puts on his clothes. Then, she dates Johnny Storm, who sets himself on fire. Lastly, she deliberately marries Ronan, and doesn’t miss him when he’s killed. What is it with the ordinary looking ones? Most Inhumans are disfigured in some way and have that handicap. Crystal looks normal, but she can’t find a normal guy who isn’t a dead beat.

Now that we know the premise of the one shots is "they read the darkhold and it changes their history" I hope we get something that isn't a "what if Maximus was king" story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    What is it with Crystal and bad relationships? First, she dates Sentry, and puts on his clothes. Then, she dates Johnny Storm, who sets himself on fire. Lastly, she deliberately marries Ronan, and doesn’t miss him when he’s killed. What is it with the ordinary looking ones? Most Inhumans are disfigured in some way and have that handicap. Crystal looks normal, but she can’t find a normal guy who isn’t a dead beat.
    Wait Crystal dated Sentry? What issue from what comic did that happen? As for not missing Ronan we he is killed, leave that to we haven't had a chance to see her reaction to this.

Also I hope Ronan didn't actually die, he just gave up being the Accuser so Ronan the Accuser died but Ronan is still living with the Inhumans. That could explain why she doesn't miss him, because there is nothing to miss.

Astonishing Member

Now that we know the premise of the one shots is "they read the darkhold and it changes their history" I hope we get something that isn't a "what if Maximus was king" story.
    I mean he has been king at least twice. Still there are some other what if's. What if Black Bolt didn't release the Terrigen cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Wait Crystal dated Sentry? What issue from what comic did that happen? As for not missing Ronan we he is killed, leave that to we haven't had a chance to see her reaction to this.

Also I hope Ronan didn't actually die, he just gave up being the Accuser so Ronan the Accuser died but Ronan is still living with the Inhumans. That could explain why she doesn't miss him, because there is nothing to miss.
    I can't remember what it was in but like rogue, Crystal was revealed to apparently dated sentry in the past before everyone had their memory of sentry erased. Remember Sentry like Blue Marvel was one of the characters that had their history retconned in as being someone everyone knew but never mentioned for one reason or another.

If Crystal dating Sentry "happened" before she met Johnny, this would destroy the whole innocent love of her and Johnny. so it must be true, because Marvel does this.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    If Crystal dating Sentry "happened" before she met Johnny, this would destroy the whole innocent love of her and Johnny. so it must be true, because Marvel does this.
    Yes, and not only that, but Crystal was drawn to look very young when Johnny first saw her. While no age was given, it always seemed like she was 14, 15 or possibly 16. Of course, being an Inhuman, we now know that she could have been a bit older, but she was not portrayed as such back then. If Crystal dated Sentry before 1963-65, then how old was Crystal at that point?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

High chance it will be retconned out. Still my earlier point how does anyone think if someone at Marvel made Ronan's death being Ronan the Accuser died as he gave up that title and role.

Tracked it down, New Avengers #24

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    High chance it will be retconned out. Still my earlier point how does anyone think if someone at Marvel made Ronan's death being Ronan the Accuser died as he gave up that title and role.
    I'm pretty sure Ronan is confirmed legit dead in Empyre around the time they make Carol and later her sister the main accusers. It's kind of a weird thing where Ewing is continuing the results of DoTI without mentioning or showing what happened in it.

Astonishing Member

Tracked it down, New Avengers #24
    Thanks, and so no he wasn't with her before Johnny.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure Ronan is confirmed legit dead in Empyre around the time they make Carol and later her sister the main accusers. It's kind of a weird thing where Ewing is continuing the results of DoTI without mentioning or showing what happened in it.
    Ya both Ewing and Kelly Thompson have sort of mention events from DotI but really avoided bringing up Inhumans. Still while he is most likely dead having him give up the role still would keep the story from retconning to much, except for his off-screen death in DotI. Simply part of the peace terms the utopia Kree demilitarize so he would have to give up his hammer and postion.

Ultimate Member

Sentry's recollections are the definition of 'unreliable narrator.' It would amuse me if someone brought it up later and Crystal was like, "Who? I've never met the dude. I was in Attilan that entire year."

Was the 'Crystal' he dated a figment of his imagination? Brought to life by his powers? A Skrull imposter (bonus points if it was Lyja, and he slept with another of Johnny's exes while trying to hook up with Crystal)? A Doombot? Only the Water knows!