Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Oh hey look it's our good friends the progenitors. Not gonna lie, after empyre, I'm curious to see if Ewing will twist his neck trying to not mention the Inhumans here either.

Maybe like how he had to explain somethings in Empyre he will explain somethings how the end of Judgement Day led to Death of the Inhumans. As much as I would like to retcon that he did bring up Ronan and his role so he is acknowledging it.

Astonishing Member

Ok it is Valentine's Day are there any Inhuman romances people really like? this doesn't mean 2 Inhumans but an Inhuman in a romance with another. Can you think of any news ones that you might like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ok it is Valentine's Day are there any Inhuman romances people really like? this doesn't mean 2 Inhumans but an Inhuman in a romance with another. Can you think of any news ones that you might like to see?
    Well, I always liked Crystal and Johnny. Athough both could have "fiery" temperments at times, at others they really seemed to click. Crystal also seemed to fit with the rest of the FF too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I liked the Quicksilver/Crystal and Romeo/Iceman relationships. Even though they're relationship wasn't good, it was pretty real and she grew from it. This also made me think of inhuman and mutant hybrids that have to have existed. Did they get double the powers? Were they immune to Terrigen?

The comics anthropology would've been interesting to see with more inhumans mixing with eternals and mutants. I'd like to see Ahura in a relationship with someone since they were building him up. I wasn't sure if he would be anti-inhuman, but he accepted the position at Ennilux, which is a cool take on their hidden civilization/society amongst humans, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I liked the Quicksilver/Crystal and Romeo/Iceman relationships. Even though they're relationship wasn't good, it was pretty real and she grew from it. This also made me think of inhuman and mutant hybrids that have to have existed. Did they get double the powers? Were they immune to Terrigen?

The comics anthropology would've been interesting to see with more inhumans mixing with eternals and mutants. I'd like to see Ahura in a relationship with someone since they were building him up. I wasn't sure if he would be anti-inhuman, but he accepted the position at Ennilux, which is a cool take on their hidden civilization/society amongst humans, etc.
    I don't think he would be anti-Inhuman but not like/be with someone who likes the old ways of the Gentics Council. I am betting Soule had an idea of having him and Treste maybe, with having both their ages being said in the quite room arc.

Maybe like how he had to explain somethings in Empyre he will explain somethings how the end of Judgement Day led to Death of the Inhumans. As much as I would like to retcon that he did bring up Ronan and his role so he is acknowledging it.
    I just hope he doesn't job them out after making them such a big deal in royals. Presumably the thing that tears apart the kree alliance at the end empyre was actually them, since Hulking is also on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, I always liked Crystal and Johnny. Athough both could have "fiery" temperments at times, at others they really seemed to click. Crystal also seemed to fit with the rest of the FF too.
    When I think about it, their romance was Romeo and Juliet, Marvel Style. Each of their families interfered with it.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

One of the comments about Inhumans mating with mutants made me wonder.

Years ago when Luna was born, Reed said that Crystal and QS's power/genes canceled each other out; she was 'human'.

Was that a one-off? From today's point of view, it doesn't even sound like 'science' and Reed is supposed to be the smartest ever, more or less.

new rule: So QS is 'not a mutant', but experimented on my the High Evolutionary. Does that mean that H.E. tinkered the genes so that any 'issue' would cancel the gene's expression and/or other's special genes?

Or is it random?
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Years ago when Luna was born, Reed said that Crystal and QS's power/genes canceled each other out; she was 'human'.

Was that a one-off? From today's point of view, it doesn't even sound like 'science' and Reed is supposed to be the smartest ever, more or less.

new rule: So QS is 'not a mutant', but experimented on my the High Evolutionary. Does that mean that H.E. tinkered the genes so that any 'issue' would cancel the gene's expression and/or other's special genes?

Or is it random?
    Luna gained her own extended set of powers after Pietro exposed her to terrigenesis so we can safely say Reed theory was totally incorrect.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Luna gained her own extended set of powers after Pietro exposed her to terrigenesis so we can safely say Reed theory was totally incorrect.
    But as they put QS is no longer a Mutant so it is unkown. There have been Deviant Inhuman hybrids with powers so most likely they can still but it still is an unanswered theory when it comes to the X gene considering things like M pox.

But as they put QS is no longer a Mutant so it is unkown. There have been Deviant Inhuman hybrids with powers so most likely they can still but it still is an unanswered theory when it comes to the X gene considering things like M pox.
    I'm talking about the case of Luna in particular as I was responding to Oberon questions, Reed's theory about Luna being a baseline human was incorrect.
    Whatever the H-E endowed Pietro with does not cancel the Inhuman genome in his offsprings.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-15-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Or is it random?
    When Luna gained powers, Quicksilver was technically a mutant/gave his offspring the X-Gene. They retconned him being a mutant like 8 years later. So I don't know if they were trying to imply that having one inhuman parent/latent inhuman gene nullified any negative side effects despite carrying an X-Gene, or if House of M made X-Genes disappear. In any case, they made Reed be wrong with his theory. Or maybe she didn't develop any genes until later in life.

They could've done something interesting with this. And since I've brought up Reed, why has he never mentioned his friends and all the crap that happened?

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I knew that QS used the T stuff on Luna.

Also himself, so ... that may not square with me either.

I guess I'm thinking a geneticist like H.E. possibly had access even to Inhuman dna, so who really knows what goes into the twins's makeup.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When Luna gained powers, Quicksilver was technically a mutant/gave his offspring the X-Gene. They retconned him being a mutant like 8 years later. So I don't know if they were trying to imply that having one inhuman parent/latent inhuman gene nullified any negative side effects despite carrying an X-Gene, or if House of M made X-Genes disappear. In any case, they made Reed be wrong with his theory. Or maybe she didn't develop any genes until later in life.

They could've done something interesting with this. And since I've brought up Reed, why has he never mentioned his friends and all the crap that happened?
    Well, all these retcons, even new ones with Luna or others who have more than one set of special genes

is problematic for story since some nearly negate the others.
    ~ Oberon ~

Also, I think Reed was just surmising that the Mutant and Inhuman DNA canceled each other out.

I do not think Reed did any tests on little Luna and certainly he is no expert on Inhuman genealogy, other than being able to concoct a potion to help them breathe through all of our pollution.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!