Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Galaxies Wanderer

It has been 3 years since this ridiculous event happened and 2 years that we have no consistent news about the inhumans (besides Ms. Marvel), only "character is somewhere".
    Meanwhile they continue to get books and participation in events. They have too much while still going after the ones who have little to none.

They should have already forgotten about the event and moved on. They didn't even lost anything there to be complaining until today.

I'll be honest, I never thought that part of the fandom would be so toxic.
    (I hope I didn't offend anyone.)

Astonishing Member

I direct you to the fact that, the week WandaVision comes out, the only signal boasting Wanda has is the X-Books raging about decimation

Astonishing Member

The F4 and X fandoms basically both viewed the characters from the other fandom as the ones being in the wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    100%

There's still people who think that the inhumans are replacing the X-Men today, and that Wanda and Pietro Maximoff are currently inhumans. There are a lot of content creators and website that spew and feed into anti-inhuman sentiment. I think the worst part is that they weren't pitted against each other until a comic book website said that there was a rumor that everything X-Men was being canceled and that we have the inhumans to thank for it. I've never seen a more toxic fanbase. I was, and still am, an X-Men fan, but I welcomed new stories. If you go on Twitter, there's a crusade against the inhumans. After like two years of Death of Inhumans, popular website write sh*t like this today: https://screenrant.com/marvel-bigges...ment-inhumans/
    Inhumans would have been so much better off had they not forced Fraction off Inhumanity at the last minute and kept it as a GOT cash in (that conveniently also provided a rights friendly power source for new characters). the aim would then have been about the Inhuman tribes (and the Universals too) emerging from hiding for the first time in history, squabbling in the absence of the Boltagons and recruiting Nuhumans to leverage themselves to win such a struggle; while also having to struggle with the social upheavals and introspection caused by the loss of their homes, their social order and taking so many new voices and perspectives into their ranks; and maybe to wrestle with their past mistakes (if absolutely needed, maybe M-Pox was the result of Xerogen being mixed into the cloud?)

To be cynical, it would also have been hell easier to coattail off Ms Marvel's success if it was something like that rather than "nonsensically gas the main stand-in metaphor for minorities", and maybe we wouldn't have gotten a series of writers who so clearly disdain the IP

I’m not writing off the possibility of the inhumans being rebooted via Ms. Marvel. And speaking of Death of the Inhumans, I’m now wondering if any of the nuhumans got killed off screen.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Inhumans would have been so much better off had they not forced Fraction off Inhumanity at the last minute and kept it as a GOT cash in (that conveniently also provided a rights friendly power source for new characters).
    Has Fraction gone into detail as to how his story would have panned out? We only have general ideas based from interviews. (Just found this one by CBR in 2013 minutes ago.)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    100%

There's still people who think that the inhumans are replacing the X-Men today, and that Wanda and Pietro Maximoff are currently inhumans. There are a lot of content creators and website that spew and feed into anti-inhuman sentiment. I think the worst part is that they weren't pitted against each other until a comic book website said that there was a rumor that everything X-Men was being canceled and that we have the inhumans to thank for it. I've never seen a more toxic fanbase. I was, and still am, an X-Men fan, but I welcomed new stories. If you go on Twitter, there's a crusade against the inhumans. After like two years of Death of Inhumans, popular website write sh*t like this today: https://screenrant.com/marvel-bigges...ment-inhumans/
    It never ceases to surprise me how the most vocal haters seemingly have never read the comics they complain about. I've seen people thinking that the deaths were intentional. That number of named mutant deaths and especially the number of books for both sides seems to escape the vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Has Fraction gone into detail as to how his story would have panned out? We only have general ideas based from interviews. (Just found this one by CBR in 2013 minutes ago.)
    The only thing I remember was it would have had more Ahura. Fraction said on tumblr that Ahura being aged up would be connected to the pacifiers from Silent war.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    The only thing I remember was it would have had more Ahura. Fraction said on tumblr that Ahura being aged up would be connected to the pacifiers from Silent war.
    I always thought his aging was maybe a side affect of his dad's DNA, that since Black Bolt was exposed so early it affects his now lineage. Only going through Terrigenesis stabalizes them.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Inhumans would have been so much better off had they not forced Fraction off Inhumanity at the last minute and kept it as a GOT cash in (that conveniently also provided a rights friendly power source for new characters). the aim would then have been about the Inhuman tribes (and the Universals too) emerging from hiding for the first time in history, squabbling in the absence of the Boltagons and recruiting Nuhumans to leverage themselves to win such a struggle; while also having to struggle with the social upheavals and introspection caused by the loss of their homes, their social order and taking so many new voices and perspectives into their ranks; and maybe to wrestle with their past mistakes (if absolutely needed, maybe M-Pox was the result of Xerogen being mixed into the cloud?)

To be cynical, it would also have been hell easier to coattail off Ms Marvel's success if it was something like that rather than "nonsensically gas the main stand-in metaphor for minorities", and maybe we wouldn't have gotten a series of writers who so clearly disdain the IP
    I didn't mind the route they chose to take the inhumans post Inhumanity. I've also never watched GoT. As someone who's never watched it, I've gathered it's a show about a blonde girl who can talk to dragons and a bearded guy who's on a crusade against winter, but it's a soap opera about families killing each other to take the throne I guess.

I didn't mind War of Kings, but it was out of character for people who his to avoid conflict to want to take over an empire. It was kinda like what Hickman's doing with the X-Men now. Most people haven't read the inhumans because they're a rather niche group at Marvel. So they don't realize that the trajectory the inhumans have (hated by humanity, separated, hiding, then decide not to be victims anymore and shake things up), has been the same as the X-Men, especially with Utopia, Genosha and now Krakoa.

Marvel either doesn't know their fans, or just wanted to make money at the expense of conflict. They saw the hate that the Scarlet Witch and the Avengers got after House of M and Avengers vs. X-Men, yet they went ahead and did a marketing campaign showing the X-Men dying at the hands of a group that had been mentioned around the rumor mill, that was planned to be replacing them.

If they did an Eternals vs. X-Men event in a year with the same marketing, I guarantee they'd go down. The post-Inhumanity stories were good, but the CW2 and IVX events were just terrible interactions that put the inhumans world building on hiatus for the worst.

"Nonsensically gas the main stand-in metaphor for minorities" and trying to make excuses for it was bad writing. Were they just surrounded by yes-men for this to actually get published? And I think most writers working at Marvel are fanboys who want to expat things they grew up with, rather than start new concepts for obscure characters. It's clear that Cates never read all of the inhumans comics, that take a weekend to read at most, but his superficial writing with major IP's is what people/Marvel find charming.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I didn't know this game existed, but Crystal was a playable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    That works great for a story.
    Well, consider also that were subsets or offshots that all had single purpose, the Bird folks and the Centaur types.

Alpha Primitives, they too were meant to serve a purpose . . .
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

I would actually speculate that the fact that the Alpha’s physiology tried to adapt to the Inhumans genetic gelding of them as an indication that their creation was a deviation from the purpose

Astonishing Member

I would actually speculate that the fact that the Alpha’s physiology tried to adapt to the Inhumans genetic gelding of them as an indication that their creation was a deviation from the purpose
    Since one did "adapt", after spending time with an Inhuman.

If marvel truly wants to rebuild the inhumans it's simple. Krakoan flowers somehow perfects terrigenesis and mutants offer it to them as peace/alliance. Nothing more easy to wash away sins than to have the aggrieved step up.
    inhumans is far from a dead franchise if the powers that be don't want it to be and at this point so easy to revitalize.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/