Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    What do you think of this article from CBR's sister site ScreenRant?

Avengers Shows the Terrible Cost of Failing in the MCU
    Most superhero films succeed, but if a Marvel property bombs, the company will erase the heroes in the comics...and the Inhumans prove it.

BY JOSHUA ISAAK
    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

https://screenrant.com/avengers-show...inhumans-flop/
    I don't agree, Ironfist had a limited series that ran in the early half of this year. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_...e_Dragon_Vol_1 Both he and the Inhumans are considered MCU bombs. I just think they just need someone at Marvel to put out a story, or maybe find someone outside the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I don't agree, Ironfist had a limited series that ran in the early half of this year. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_...e_Dragon_Vol_1 Both he and the Inhumans are considered MCU bombs. I just think they just need someone at Marvel to put out a story, or maybe find someone outside the company.
    Well, I volunteer. :P I haven't finished Birthright yet, but I'm already planning out a continuation of that story. It would be called Interregnum. I will probably never be able to draw it all unless someone gets me a Time Stone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Well, I volunteer. :P I haven't finished Birthright yet, but I'm already planning out a continuation of that story. It would be called Interregnum. I will probably never be able to draw it all unless someone gets me a Time Stone.
    I would volunteer as well. Unfortuantly writing is going slow because I am switching between several since everytime I work on one the next time I go another sounds better in my head

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    What was he trying to do with the X-Men that "got derailed"?
    Probably the ending that he wants to actually do. While he is not leaving Marvel for good like others-maybe Marvel wants to get him on other stuff before he finally does decide to leave based on whatever his new venture does.

Most superhero films succeed, but if a Marvel property bombs, the company will erase the heroes in the comics...and the Inhumans prove it.

BY JOSHUA ISAAK
    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
    Click bait TRASH
    Last time I check we have Moon Girl and Ms Marvel still running around. No matter HOW many try to claim they are not Inhumans because they don't hang around them-they are still around with tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

BY JOSHUA ISAAK
    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

https://screenrant.com/avengers-show...inhumans-flop/
    An article written based on a sample of exactly 1. It proves nothing.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

He had a 3 act play in mind when he took on the line. He was ready to move to Act II.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

He had a three act plan with Krakoa being the first and when he was ready to move to the next stage every writer involved wanted to stay in the krakoa status quo. Most likely Mystique/Nimrod were suppose to win in the upcoming Inferno event an take down krakoa or at least reveal corruption that would make the other mutants not support it.

Astonishing Member

Oh wow. Didn't know that about Johnathan Hickman wanting to move the status quo away from Krakoa. It's been a hit, and I guess that's where the resistance came in.

It seems even ongoing "darling" writers aren't afforded all of the leeway.

Oh wow. Didn't know that about Johnathan Hickman wanting to move the status quo away from Krakoa. It's been a hit, and I guess that's where the resistance came in.

It seems even ongoing "darling" writers aren't afforded all of the leeway.
    Here's the interview if you want to read more https://ew.com/books/inferno-jonatha...t-x-men-comic/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Here's the interview if you want to read more https://ew.com/books/inferno-jonatha...t-x-men-comic/
    Thank you for the link!

Astonishing Member

Haven’t they just stripped the Iron Fist powers from Danny and Pei, and knocked out the Dragon’s power for good?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Haven’t they just stripped the Iron Fist powers from Danny and Pei, and knocked out the Dragon’s power for good?
    Ya the book is pretty much what DotI is to us Inhuman fans for Iron Fist fans.

Ya the book is pretty much what DotI is to us Inhuman fans for Iron Fist fans.
    Damn. Marvel did them dirty.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think the issue is the failure of a media property. Inhumans had a surprisingly long run, but the emphasis there was on surprising. It was always destined to get scaled back at some point. And, unfortunately, they ended up with a large fan backlash of people who were resentful of their promotion. If anything, the TV show could be seen as a last hope to get more attention to the property but that obviously didn't work out.

Marvel TV and Marvel Studios are a bit apples to oranges. Iron Fist is the closest example we can think of (another mid-tier property who is always going to be inconsistent when it comes to comics). The best Marvel Studios example I can think of is maybe the Hulk, who arguably had the least successful movie and, at a minimum, isn't getting any more solo movies. He's doing just fine in the comics.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

So interseting idea. This is really only works if these factors are what is going on. There are still Inhumans on earth most specifically New Attilian and Ennilux, and Ahura is both King and CEO. He uses New Attilians advanced technology to create devices for Ennilux to sell, these can honestly be just a real good music player that uses their echo technology from the War of Kings era, that stores sound into a charge port. Think of it a device whose purpose is to create sound that can be charged by sound. Think of what the Iphone 12 made. Anyways he has it as King his nation will only use Ennilux to sell their products and then as CEO Ennilux will now only accept Attilanian Chits as currency. Ennilux gets a monopoly on some of the worlds most advanced tech, and the worth of the Attilanian Chits would rise as it would be the only way for people to get this.
    Last edited by Noek; 09-08-2021 at 03:03 PM.