Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Wasn't Darkhold Alpha supposed to come out today? Has anyone read it?

Astonishing Member

Not yet, I usually don't get a chance to buy comics until the weekend, and no sites online seem to have it.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I haven't read it yet but I've heard it sort of addresses the Inhumans staying out of stuff. Heading to my shop now can post spoilers when I get back.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Wasn't Darkhold Alpha supposed to come out today? Has anyone read it?
    I read it, it's a decent setup and mostly focuses on Wanda. spoilers:
    As for Inhuman stuff, Black Bolt actually turns down the offer to join because the inhumans are still recover and he wants to focus on that, but of course circumstances changes his mind. He is still using sign language like DOTI but it needed to be translated by Stark's suit which mention that it was Tilan. I don't think anyone has used the actual name of their language in decades.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I read it, it's a decent setup and mostly focuses on Wanda. spoilers:
    As for Inhuman stuff, Black Bolt actually turns down the offer to join because the inhumans are still recover and he wants to focus on that, but of course circumstances changes his mind. He is still using sign language like DOTI but it needed to be translated by Stark's suit which mention that it was Tilan. I don't think anyone has used the actual name of their language in decades.
    end of spoilers
    I'm glad you got there because I did not get to my shop as promised due to traffic.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Galaxies Wanderer

It seems Black Bolt has been well received and some comments are saying they were missing him (and the inhumans) and wondering where they have been.
    spoilers:
    I like the detail that everyone screamed after reading the book but BB bit his lip instead
    end of spoilers

I love that the writer actually understands Black Bolt. Initially refusing to help and wanting to focus on Inhumans was pretty spot on. I love that he says "they are in a period of healing" which implies they will one day recover.

I don't love the straightjacket and the baldness, but what can you do.

I'm glad he seems to be alright, he is the writer that has expressed most interest in the inhumans since they got shelved. I want to see more but I'm not sure how well it will translate when Black Bolt is going to be purposefully out of character for the rest of the event. Also can't do sign language with your hands tied.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I'm glad he seems to be alright, he is the writer that has expressed most interest in the inhumans since they got shelved. I want to see more but I'm not sure how well it will translate when Black Bolt is going to be purposefully out of character for the rest of the event. Also can't do sign language with your hands tied.
    It looks to be almost like 3 issues Alpha, character specific, Omega. His specific is where we can see Black Bolt shine.

Some commenters on another site have floated a theory that Black Bolt might betray the group and somehow use the Darkhold to restore his people. How would you feel about that happening?

Some commenters on another site have floated a theory that Black Bolt might betray the group and somehow use the Darkhold to restore his people. How would you feel about that happening?
    If it happened, it wouldn't be permanent and he'd undo it before the story ends. If he does it and they bring back the inhumans, I'd be fine with that.

Astonishing Member

X for doubt. I mean we know this comic has 2 on going solo characters so nothing will happen to them, and we know Wanda makes it through ok with time to talk to Magneto so ya I don't see something bad really going down like that. Now maybe he helps spare Chthon or whatever is going to happen, and Inhumans get revived for a story as long as other Inhumans (with some Royals) are the ones helping to fix the problem and not drag others in I am good. I could not stand what the reaction by some would be otherwise and it would just ignite Inhuman hate again.

The actual event book seems pretty short since five chapters in between appear to be backstory each member of the defiled. The only way I see that happening is if it spun off into another story that focuses on the inhumans.

If anyone ever goes to Disney California Adventure, don't miss checking these out at the Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 09-30-2021 at 04:15 PM.