Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Crystal would be a great pick for the Avengers. Helps that she along with Kamala we’re the only playable Inhumans in Ultimate Alliance 3.
    Not to mention that Crystal has been an Avenger before.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Yes! And thanks for your part too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This is very deep and will take some time to digest.

Am I understanding that Krakoa has existed for very long ages as this sentient island thing?

Or others like it? So would they have existed around the time of the original Attilan and also has various colonies or independent kingdoms of Inhumans elsewhere in the world?

Was there a flying variant of Krakoa that has history with the Winged Folk's island in the sky? Okay maybe that is a reach.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Am I understanding that Krakoa has existed for very long ages as this sentient island thing?
    Krakoa appeared way back in Giant-Sized X-Men #1 (if I am right) when the O5 X-Men were abducted by it and Xavier recruited the new X-Men. Yes, Claremont created it as an island-sized mutant, but it is very, very old.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I would be against any Inhumans vs. Anyone event ever again. People don't care about nuances and just choose teams. You could share it with them, but they are in that side of the forums for a reason. I don't think it's taking it far, bit their on a high horse and see the X-Men as superior to the rest of the Marvel Universe. They hated the idea of the inhumans being on a panel during the Gala.

Marvel should just publish a team up event as a new thing to replace and make up for the "versus" era. I like that Darkhold has Black Bolt teaming up with other Avengers.

One thing I like about the inhumans is that they are a part and mingle/interact with the Marvel Universe in stories and not just separate themselves all the time. They aren't D-listers that are side-stories, they're just a part of everything.

It would be nice if Crystal, Luna, Medusa, Triton, Reader or Karnak joined an Avengers team. At least Ms. Marvel is making appearances. The Fantastic Four books should include them more.

I think a major reason they weren't on the Guardians of the Galaxy is because of sh*t articles and the enemy fandom.
    While the X side of the fandom would pick and stay only with Mutants, having 2 factions with different goals in the pro and anti might keep their focus more on their own. Besides it is the neutral fans that really swing character favour.

Ya if Jason Aaron had more of a clear idea on what he wanted his Avengers book to be about I could have seen an Inhuman on it. If he wanted to focus on the Avengers BC team, draw ways to connect his modern team to it have Randac join it. Both the 1st Black Panther and him both have special keys hidden in their cities, that unlocks something that the Avengers BC couldn't stop yet so they had to seal it. Then get a member of the House of Agon to join this team. If Aaron wanted to it be national team focus have a new hidden kingdom be discovered, they go and get Crystal since she was an Avenger (I guess Medusa was as well A-Force) to act as a negotiator or something.

Ewing should have had them in Empyre, they fit so well, and if they turned out good add them to GotG line up.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I would be against any Inhumans vs. Anyone event ever again. People don't care about nuances and just choose teams.
    Honestly, the only vs. I want anymore is either a quick "Superhero Misunderstanding" (TM) that is resolved the same issue or an event where both sides are clearly being manipulated by outside forces and they team up to take down that outside force. I think that's the thing that's been missing since pretty much Civil War. People enjoy seeing their heroes fight so they can do a "who would win in a fight" but they want their heroes to be heroes. Have them be tricked by Dormammu and Loki for all I care but, ultimately, there has to be a villain who isn't either of them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, the only vs. I want anymore is either a quick "Superhero Misunderstanding" (TM) that is resolved the same issue or an event where both sides are clearly being manipulated by outside forces and they team up to take down that outside force. I think that's the thing that's been missing since pretty much Civil War. People enjoy seeing their heroes fight so they can do a "who would win in a fight" but they want their heroes to be heroes. Have them be tricked by Dormammu and Loki for all I care but, ultimately, there has to be a villain who isn't either of them.
    I don't get why they don't do it. Was Civil War 1/2, and AvX/IvX more popular than Secret Wars? I wonder how a modern day Onslaught would be. He's returning in the X-books I think.

Astonishing Member

It can come down to also goals. In my idea I had the Inhumans fighting for the right of powers, and to be equals. The Mutants are fighting for peace and security for their people. Both sides are fighting for what any hero would fight for, but when these ideals clash that's where the conflict comes.

Ultimate Member

I don't get why they don't do it. Was Civil War 1/2, and AvX/IvX more popular than Secret Wars? I wonder how a modern day Onslaught would be. He's returning in the X-books I think.
    No. I saw some of those books in 25 cents bins..... the DAY they were released. Yes Civil War 2 was in bins. Same with Doomsday Clock at DC.

The issue with those events is no matter how many folks hate it-because WHO is in it-stores will order way too many to make it look like there is a demand.

I know folks will say what about Outlaw or Empyre-who were the leads in those events?? Characters that attract various levels of toxic fandom.

That is how we keep getting bad stories and nonstop events. Take X-Men, Spider-Man (all of them), Avengers and Thor out of events-they are not pulling high numbers. It would take would of mouth to increase sales.

Another X-Men versus Inhumans will lead to NOTHING good for anyone Inhuman.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Civil War II was garbage, but Civil War pretty much defined the modern era of events. It's precisely to blame for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    It can come down to also goals. In my idea I had the Inhumans fighting for the right of powers, and to be equals. The Mutants are fighting for peace and security for their people. Both sides are fighting for what any hero would fight for, but when these ideals clash that's where the conflict comes.
    I think that's what they were going for (if not entirely successfully). It doesn't solve the problem of people getting too tribal and hating the other side.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Not to mention that Crystal has been an Avenger before.
    She looks great with the team uniforms/costumes. I love all of them.

Astonishing Member

High chance if Inhumans were still high running she would have been a GotG, would love to have seen her in one of theirs.

Astonishing Member

I think that's what they were going for (if not entirely successfully). It doesn't solve the problem of people getting too tribal and hating the other side.
    I think we already crossed the tribal line. Let's face it many people now want to see the X-men take a loss on how prideful their fandom has gotten. That there is an overreach on how things are going. Examples: Terraform Mars, awesome. Set up first good colony, deserving. Change its name, questionable. Crown themselves as the leaders of Sol, crossing a line. Having a counterbalance to the Mutants is almost needed both in and out of comic, and I can only see this going 2 ways a new line of books showing characters who can do things just as well as Mutants can but are different enough that X-fans won't just accuse them of copying, or a VS event where pretty even but the Mutants loose in the end.

She looks great with the team uniforms/costumes. I love all of them.
    Not gonna lie, kinda love that 90s Avengers outfit.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Not gonna lie, kinda love that 90s Avengers outfit.
    If they ever make a Marvel Legends of her, I hope they give her 3 heads: a Kirby head, a 90's Avengers head, and a Fantastic Four head.

If they give her the Medusa treatment, they'll just give her a repaint of Jessica Jones's head.