Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    If they ever make a Marvel Legends of her, I hope they give her 3 heads: a Kirby head, a 90's Avengers head, and a Fantastic Four head.

If they give her the Medusa treatment, they'll just give her a repaint of Jessica Jones's head.
    I have given up on Marvel Legends when it comes to the Inhumans. We have not gotten any of the royals aside from MEdusa and Black Bolt and well....they both were very lackluster (both releases). I went the custom route; it's expensive but at least I'm happy with the figures.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm going to start a series on Inhumans: World (Re-)Building that goes into detail the ideas that I've shared on this thread and earlier ones about how the Inhumans can rebuild their status. I'll be adding relevant pictures where I can. Your inputs will be welcome. If this proves particularly active I might split it off into its own thread so as to keep it in one place rather than continue to the 2022 appreciation thread.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Keyotheseasons, those custom figures are amazing.

On another note, a friend surprised me yesterday with a small figure of Lockjaw. We had no clue what toyline it's from, and there's so precious little Inhumans merch that I thought I knew about all of it, but after googling the product code I discovered it's from a line called "Ooshies". I wonder what other forgotten toy lines might have a Black Bolt or a Lockjaw.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I have given up on Marvel Legends when it comes to the Inhumans. We have not gotten any of the royals aside from MEdusa and Black Bolt and well....they both were very lackluster (both releases). I went the custom route; it's expensive but at least I'm happy with the figures.

[
    They look amazing! Yeah, Medusa is probably the worst made Marvel Legends when it comes to detail and paint apps. Yours looks gorgeous. I remember her ToyBiz figure was used as a base for many characters. ToyBiz actually did sculpting and gave her movable hair. ToyBiz had more inhumans figures. The fact that they've never made a single Crystal action figure EVER baffles me. She's been the inhuman to get the most video game exposure and has been on the most teams. But she's gotten nothing. The people who make Marvel Legends are huge X-Men fans, and I'm all for it since 75% (or more) of my collection is X-Men, but I think that could be a reason they just stopped making them and put the least amount of effort into Medusa when other exclusives got better quality.

They need to add them to the Fantastic Four waves at least.

Those customs are gorgeous. I do have mini action figures of Triton and Karnak but I"m not sure they are legends? They are like 3 inches high. Karnak came packaged with a Medusa and a Black Bolt, Triton was packaged by himself.

Anyway Ray, I'd be interested in your series of re-building.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Alright so a thought has bugged me a bit and it was Iso becoming the leader of New Attilan. Now I do know there are some here who do like this idea, and really like the ending of the Inhuman Monarchy. I myself would have liked to seen it stay, but with the only thing I had in mind being, by right of birth, this wouldn't hold an argument over our Republic supporters. But now I have thought of something that does work, based on skill and will start from the beginning.

So at the end of Uncanny Inhumans/IvX Medusa left Iso in charge, and there would be voting. But what exactly happened? Three choices 1) Medusa ended the Monarchy, 2) Medusa stepped down and made Iso her heir, 3) Medusa made Iso her heir and stepped down.

1) If Medusa just ends the Monarchy ok the birth rights to it go poof, but she then also wouldn't be able to put Iso in charge. Iso's position of advisor wouldn't give her the power to take command over others especially those who would have been in charge of things like armed forces, or in charge of logistics. At most Iso's being a Nuhuman with a high standing would have these people with the authority to seek her out and give her something for her support.

2) If Medusa steps down the next in line for the throne would be ahead of Iso. Now if Medusa didn't have someone and went all Roman and adopted Iso sure but Medusa has 2 that would have the right to it if she no longer could rule, those being Ahura her son, and Crystal her sister. Ahura is next in line for the throne as her eldest son, and if for some reason he couldn't take it then it would pass to her next child which she has none of therefore it would go to a sibling if she has one which yes she does Crystal.

3) So before all of this Medusa made Iso her heir which could work but the question is why? In Realm of Kings she talked about only holding it until Ahura came of age, it really doesn't make sense for a change like this. While it does make the most sense for an outcome it brings in conspiracy claims by others especially the old guard why she would leave it to an outsider of not noble. Even more Medusa's last choice was to destroy the cloud I could easily see a coup happen to put Black Bolt back on the throne. If the knowledge of Iso's powers that she can affect the mind with air pressure they may even believe she was doing this to Medusa all along for her own grab of power.

Ok so all of this seems to be right of succession, where is the skill I was talking about, ok what has Iso done to be made a good choice for leader? Don't get me wrong she is a talented scientist, and mixes that with her powers in creative ways but as a whole what? The best thing I can think of was to get the Inhumans to rise up on the Iron Man drones to free Black Bolt, but she also had the authority to make that call because Karnak told her. Her best leadership moment required the Royals. She doesn't really know how a kingdom works truly, she fought alongside Medusa, and worked with Beast. These aren't things that stand out. I might sound like a broken record to some but Ahura is a better choice, why you might ask? He has expierence leading being voted in to Ennilux. With the destruction of the Terrigen the Inhumans would need to modernize very quickly. Come off more relatable, so yes voting would be needed, as well as money. Ahura now has expierence with this, and his family names would still drive influence. I made a post 10 pages back that by having Ennilux accept New Attilan currency only by consumers, they in turn would get a monopoly on their tech. New Attilan would need someone with both the expierence and trust to do this behold the CEO and their King one and the same.

What does everyone think of this, change of mind? Was their something I missed or am not seeing? How much would the Marvel uninverse have changed if the Inhumans went this way, I guess a What if...?

I don't think this will matter in the long run. Attilan will remain a monarchy for the same reasons that Wakanda is a monarchy. #1 being status quo and #2 being rule of cool. Let's face it, "the Silent King" sounds way more badass than "the Silent Prime Minister" or "The Silent President" or "The Silent First Secretary of the Party". LMAO.

I think it's cool that Attilan and its society has played a role in the story of that group of inhumans. The progress Attilan made as a nation added a lot to who the inhumans are.

The T-Bomb and global Terrigenisis was such a big event that it caused Attilan to change because it only lasted that long because it was hidden. I hated War of Kings because the whole inhumans premise is that they isolated themselves because they want to be left alone after being treated so badly.

But they decided to change course because they wanted to do a galaxy-wide Terrigenisis so they wouldn't be discriminated against.

They ended up only doing it on Earth and a consequence was them accepting Earth culture into Attilan, and since Attilan was in a US River, most of the people were used to being in a republic. It made sense for them to want to change.

I think the writers don't like new habits and there hasn't been anyone with a great enough passion to continue developing them. The mutants went backwards and decided to be a hermit nation like the inhumans once we're.

I think the next writer is going to make a city for them on the moon since that's what they know and they don't want to take chances.

They could find another hidden inhuman kingdom and write about it. I see Black Bolt as a protector of his species more than what we know as a human king.

I don't think he should rule in any function, but be a representative of his species through out the Galaxy and make sure they are safe and survive.

Astonishing Member

I do know things tend to reset, I am not 100% up to date but is it still possible to see New Attilan still? I even made the point "so yes voting would be needed" line 6 from the bottom, near the end. It feels to some that a Republic must come, Crowns are bad, everyone happy but nothing in the story went by this just, Iso is in charge, and doing votes. I do think Charles Soule wanted to build to this, like Wakanda in the Black Panther at the time changed Wakanda from a absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy. This change makes more sense for the Inhumans as well since no one doesn't like the Royals, there are so many even after this that showed happiness in working with them that even if it is gone high chance they would be put back in. Before someone says that is crazy and working backwards there are real life examples of doing this because it is what the people want just type in Charles the 2nd Horrible Histories. As for USA influence they took Nuhumans from around the world, and if it is because location well they could see good the USA did, but also see

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I do know things tend to reset, I am not 100% up to date but is it still possible to see New Attilan still? I even made the point "so yes voting would be needed" line 6 from the bottom, near the end. It feels to some that a Republic must come, Crowns are bad, everyone happy but nothing in the story went by this just, Iso is in charge, and doing votes. I do think Charles Soule wanted to build to this, like Wakanda in the Black Panther at the time changed Wakanda from a absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy. This change makes more sense for the Inhumans as well since no one doesn't like the Royals, there are so many even after this that showed happiness in working with them that even if it is gone high chance they would be put back in. Before someone says that is crazy and working backwards there are real life examples of doing this because it is what the people want just type in Charles the 2nd Horrible Histories. As for USA influence they took Nuhumans from around the world, and if it is because location well they could see good the USA did, but also see
    There are very few monarchies today and some are questionable, so we know the majority of the new inhumans never lived as subjects of a monarchy. We don't know what's happening in Attilan now, and whenever we find out it might be a throwaway line. Kinda like when Cates wrote Beta Ray Bill saying something like "they killed a whole bunch of inhumans" and no one really cared.

I see why monarchies in fiction is intriguing and why some people didn't like this change. I'm 95% sure they'll make them monarchs again. Primarily because they aren't going to get anymore solos again and the next writer that uses them might not have read their past books, returning to the era of inhumans inconsistencies.

I liked the Celestial Messiah name for Black Bolt because it gave the nuance of being one of the inhumans as opposed to above them and having a purpose for his race. It was kinda like Dune.

Before Marvel black listed them, I think they were building a vast inhumans story with the inclusion of the Universal Inhumans, and them discovering new inhuman communities. It's a shame that we never got to see what they were building. I think it was an interesting project because it appeared to be big.

When I saw the new Eternals crossover event rumor, it was kinda a slap in the face. I love the Eternals, but they didn't have to cancel the inhumans and ignore the inhumans fans they made.

Niffleheim

I don’t have any issue with monarchy in fiction but if ppl have a problem with it maybe the can change the form of governance into something resembling a corporation lol! Wasn’t Ennilux a corporation? Maybe that can be expanded and which might open up interesting relevant stories
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I don’t have any issue with monarchy in fiction but if ppl have a problem with it maybe the can change the form of governance into something resembling a corporation lol! Wasn’t Ennilux a corporation? Maybe that can be expanded and which might open up interesting relevant stories
    I don't have an issue with monarchies in fiction, but I'd like to see Attilan stay the way it is. That's probably why they created New Arctilan. As a way to keep the New Attilan thing going and Cates wanted to kill inhumans on the moon in a royal city.

I'm not going to act like not having a fictional kingdom is somehow needed because I know that it's a story. If they make a return good, I'm for it. If they had several inhumans books, we'd probably have a book for each kingdom/organization kinda like the mutants with their monarchy and their unelected officials.

Was Orollan a kingdom?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Was Orollan a kingdom?
    Didn't seem like it. I just the re-read the New Avengers and Infinity issues that showcased Thane and the House of Lor as part of my project, and it appears Orollan had a ruling council of Inhumans who underwent Terrigenesis.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I do wonder if Attilan has an aristrocracy class, it seems the Royal Family are the only ones who you would consider as the generic "highborns", and despite from different family, they are more or less monolithic. Because really when the monarchs step down, they create power vacuum for some people, so I guess that's why Medusa still wants insert some influence and power by simply making Iso the new leader to enforce the transition.

Orollan kinda feels like, well, a tribe??

Astonishing Member

Odds are an Inhuman aristocracy would consist of the most powerful Inhumans at the time of a tribe/house/colony’s establishment and their descendants on the assumption that they’d be as strong/stronger and thus be able to earn their keep as the community’s protectors (eg look how Krakoa prioritises the Omegas)

As I understand it, they went back and forth on the Attilan being the genetics council or a council of 12 noble houses under the monarch

Orollan was apparently a theocracy before Thane annihilated it
    Ennilux was apparently a mix of corporation/mob family
    Utollan is a matriarchal gentrocracy
    Attilan is/was a monarchy sharing power with a geneticist caste oligarchy
    Sky Island was a monarchy with a powerful council of elders and priesthood
    Incentaurians were a monarchy
    Moord were a matriarchy
    White Room appear to have been some type of oligarchy based on its Queen’s title
    Direst might have been a thearchy/magocracy based on the dire wraiths using magic/Avoe’s title (can they actually be used btw due to Rom rights)
    Arctilan was basically a monarchy by virtue of being the Royals’ bolthole (ha)
    Afterlife was apparently council of elders but Jiaying turned it into a cult

Attarog & Utopia we know nothing about