Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Galaxies Wanderer

Now that I'm thinking about it, what led to Crystal changing her style (such as personality... and hair)? Did it show somewhere?
    Was it well received by fans?
    At first I was quite shocked by the change, but now I like it.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    Now that I'm thinking about it, what led to Crystal changing her style (such as personality... and hair)? Did it show somewhere?
    Was it well received by fans?
    At first I was quite shocked by the change, but now I like it.
    They never addressed it, but I think they wanted to make her more leader-like by giving her short hair. In the 60-90's, she was more present in comics and was pretty agile and strong with her longer hair. It could've just been a change of style, or it could have had some sort of symbolic nature. She was best used as a team member of the Avengers and Fantastic Four in my opinion. Some fans liked it, some didn't. I like her long hair because it flows with her wind power and gives the stripe on her hair more of a purpose.

Astonishing Member

If I recall Marvel had cut the hair of some other woman as well Captain Marvel, Storm.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They never addressed it, but I think they wanted to make her more leader-like by giving her short hair. In the 60-90's, she was more present in comics and was pretty agile and strong with her longer hair. It could've just been a change of style, or it could have had some sort of symbolic nature. She was best used as a team member of the Avengers and Fantastic Four in my opinion. Some fans liked it, some didn't. I like her long hair because it flows with her wind power and gives the stripe on her hair more of a purpose.
    looking that way, I do agree...

sometimes I catch myself mumbling because a character was left out hahah
    I also agree that she had better screentime/use in other groups, maybe because BB always tried to keep her out because she was... too young compared to the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    looking that way, I do agree...

sometimes I catch myself mumbling because a character was left out hahah
    I also agree that she had better screentime/use in other groups, maybe because BB always tried to keep her out because she was... too young compared to the others?
    I think it was that, and they probably only saw her as the princess as opposed to the king and queen, but once Attilan fell, so did their ways of living. She was supposed to be majestrix of the Shi'ar, which would've been interesting.

Astonishing Member

So with MCU synergy, if we do see the Inhumans in Ms. Marvel with them being led by a Royal Family this will mean most likely a return to the House of Agon leading. I do hope though Marvel makes a story how/why they are back. In real life Monarchies have been restored so if done right it can feel like the next chapter, not just "history, what's that".

Fantastic Member

I'm assuming that the main Royal Family will probably find their way back into the comics, including the supposedly "dead" ones (no way will Maximus ever stay permanently dead). But I'm afraid a lot of the Nuhumans will probably fall through the cracks when Marvel starts using the characters again. I honestly liked Inferno, Flint, Naja and Swain, but they didn't have a lot of time to really catch on or develop as characters. Poor Naja got killed off in "Death of Inhumans," and I don't think we ever actually learned anything about her background, or even her real name. It was a shame how "Death of Inhumans" just kind of threw everything into a meat-grinder, because Ewing's Royals had been a really fun read and introduced a lot of interesting ideas. They could have just left things at that and still put the Inhumans on the back-burner for awhile (just assume that the Nuhumans are hanging out in New Attilan, and that the Royals are doing things with Primogen on the moon). I kind of wish they'd just ignore "Death of Inhumans" and pick up where Royals left off. Given that Cates didn't bother to acknowledge Royals in his story, it seems only fair. Pretend "Death of Inhumans" was just a terrible dream that Black Bolt had.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I honestly liked Inferno, Flint, Naja and Swain, but they didn't have a lot of time to really catch on or develop as characters.
    Dante at least appeared in TV and video games so he has cross-media exposure.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Dante at least appeared in TV and video games so he has cross-media exposure.
    Yeah, I have some hope for him. Soule also seemed to really like Frank McGee and Reader as his "pet characters," since they also made an appearance in Soule's Daredevil. So maybe some of them will pop back up if a writer takes an interest in them. But I think a lot of them will probably fall into obscurity, like the Young Inhumans, unless we get a new ongoing book. Honestly, though, I'll be happy for any Inhumans content this year.

Astonishing Member

I don't think I was understood, when I meant back I meant Status wise, them being the Kings and/or Queens again. The Inhumans own "The Restoration". Cause yes obviously the characters are back, if Darkhold is still happening.

Astonishing Member

So this was made https://www.cbr.com/marvel-inhumans-like-mutants/ I put a reply yesterday, and left it. Came back today and it was removed, had to retype everything, but this time I took pics to see if I didn't click it right, nope it got removed.

This is what I put:

Ok Misael how about doing any form of research.

10) How many books did the X-men have at that time?
    Well there was Extraordinary X-Men, All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, and if you count Deadpool there is Deadpool, plus Deadpool & the Mercs for Money.

Inhumans have Uncanny Inhumans, All-New Inhumans, Karnak, and if you count them Ms. Marvel, plus Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

X-Men = 5 (7)
    Inhumans = 3 (5)

9) Can't even count Wolverine since he has that old man version, WHICH YOU CAN READ!

8) The word Uncanny has been around since 1906, but hey let's say first come first serve right.
    Uncanny X-men #1 came out 1978.
    But the Inhumans first book came out 1975 with the title "the most UNCANNY heroes of all", other books have also called them the Uncanny Inhumans.

7) Yes they had not shown up in a lot of other books because they weren't as involved with the rest of earth, but they always planned on it. The staus quo makes sense for them to as well Attilan destroyed rebult as New Attilan with no moving means, plus with the Cloud bringing out New Inhumans, and later on the M-pox of course they just wouldn't leave.

6) Again they are settled, and no they aren't running an intergalactic empire now.

5) The idea of Inhumans not living in Attilan has happened in the past, the biggest being the Bird People first seen in Red Raven #1, later getting this revealed in Thor annual 12.

4) This one is fair the removal was bad, though since it isn't them using an Inhuman to fill in the spots you are basically trying to create a connection.

3) No X-men were still in games, also you are basically putting it as "Marvel must have at least some X-men in everything", because while removing them from spots they were in is one thing, not adding them is fine if it makes sense.

2) Yes all fair.

1) People in the Marvel universe have always varied on what they fear, take old JJ and Spiderman. Before this there have been times the Inhumans are seen as a people the world governments want to negotiate, trade, and make alliances with. But then they will see them as freaks. Also please do tell me how many Mutant nations were the status quo before the Inhuman push, because unless that answer is zero people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Edit :Ok pictures are side ways you will have to download, but they should be in the correct time snap order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

FYI, the X-Men became the Uncanny X-Men February 1981 when X-Men changed its title with Uncanny X-Men #142.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    FYI, the X-Men became the Uncanny X-Men February 1981 when X-Men changed its title with Uncanny X-Men #142.
    Both are right here, in issue #114 1978 was the first time the words "Uncanny X-men" was used for a title, but you are right were it didn't become "Uncanny X-men" until issue #142 1981. Still my point still stands the Inhumans were the first at Marvel to associate themselves with the word "Uncanny".