Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

I heard that Ms. Marvel will begin the reintroduction of the Inhumans and to reference the failed movie/series they will have a poster or something showing the title and characters; so it is sort of 4th wall window breaking or something... ?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    Attachment 105424
    finally something friendly, not from CBR though
    This seems so random but even a slim chance is a chance none the less. It's on the Ms Marvel show where I hope Inhumans will be a thing, maybe not the Royals but the NuHumans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This seems so random but even a slim chance is a chance none the less. It's on the Ms Marvel show where I hope Inhumans will be a thing, maybe not the Royals but the NuHumans.
    Well we have seen Flint on Agent of Shield. Although he was in the future instead of the present. So who knows it might be him, Quake and Inferno popping up.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Another thing is when anything does something like the X-men or Mutants many in that fan base yell about how others should stay in their own lane, but if the X corner of Marvel does anything more related to other books they are really silent about it.
    I think we can all agree that Hickman is using ideas from when he wrote/was doing research on inhumans.

The language, technology, pods, culture, Krakoa plants(Terrigen), diplomacy, etc. are all features of inhuman books and lore. What's most annoying is that it all makes sense because mutants and inhumans have, outside of lore, been very similar. That's why the people who complain about the post-Inhumanity titles didn't get. They have similar stories because they are similar species.

Eternals and inhumans share some things too: experiments of aliens on humans, going to a moon of a planet, making their own city, and that's probably it. The Celestials only made 100 eternals and they are immortal.

Over on another thread some get all fierce about things not being all connected, but really it is the way for Marvel.

At some point, give the vast amounts of time (Avengers 1million BC for example) beings possessing the various genes; Eternal, Deviant, Inhuman, etc intermixed, maybe not in great "Colonial" ways, but sometimes.

Despite cultures that have arisen over 1000s of years, some of these groups have various DNA in their mix.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think we can all agree that Hickman is using ideas from when he wrote/was doing research on inhumans.

The language, technology, pods, culture, Krakoa plants(Terrigen), diplomacy, etc. are all features of inhuman books and lore. What's most annoying is that it all makes sense because mutants and inhumans have, outside of lore, been very similar. That's why the people who complain about the post-Inhumanity titles didn't get. They have similar stories because they are similar species.

Eternals and inhumans share some things too: experiments of aliens on humans, going to a moon of a planet, making their own city, and that's probably it. The Celestials only made 100 eternals and they are immortal.
    Even more then the Inhumans. EXcalibur the old one had a mix between UK heroes and X corner. The current only one British and she takes the Captain Britain mantle, and whenever a British non-mutant hero is used very disrespected to show off Mutant characters. If you go on Marvel UK forum you will find plenty unhappy by the changes. Honestly instead of having Pixie in this book she gets to be part of kid Cable's harem.

As for Inhumans I feel the X corner was taking from them even before this. After all how many other Mutant nations were there.

I would like to see some Crystal action utilizing many of her powers. I miss the Exquisite Elemental!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would like to see some Crystal action utilizing many of her powers. I miss the Exquisite Elemental!
    I was disappointed with her showing in the 90's Heroes Reborn FF. She never used her powers there, all she had was a weaponized suit.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I was disappointed with her showing in the 90's Heroes Reborn FF. She never used her powers there, all she had was a weaponized suit.
    I remember when they would show Crystal using her "elemental blast" which was not the seismic shocks but a "combination of my elemental powers" that seemed to be an energy blast, as well as creating lightning.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I remember when they would show Crystal using her "elemental blast" which was not the seismic shocks but a "combination of my elemental powers" that seemed to be an energy blast, as well as creating lightning.
    Oh yes! The Deluxe Handbook said she could combine her powers such as: air+fire firestorm, water+air waterspout, etc. Air+earth would be a dust storm, water+fire steam, earth+fire lava, earth+water mud.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Oh yes! The Deluxe Handbook said she could combine her powers such as: air+fire firestorm, water+air waterspout, etc. Air+earth would be a dust storm, water+fire steam, earth+fire lava, earth+water mud.
    Oh, I need to go read that!

Crystal could also control the weather. This has not been shown much, especially not from 1975 onward once Storm arrived on the scene.

I also think Crystal's control of earth should extend to sand, dirt, mud, while her control of fire should extend to magma/lava.

She can purify air, swim in magma, and divide ice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    She can purify air, swim in magma, and divide ice too.

Yes, so so great! Thank you for posting, especially that last one!

I also think Crystal's control of earth should extend to sand, dirt, mud, while her control of fire should extend to magma/lava.
    It would be fun to see her take on Hydro-Man and Sandman. They once teamed-up against Spider-Man but accidentally merged into a mud creature; they got separated eventually but were traumatized. All she'd do is threaten to merge them once more!
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.