Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Harper Row: Bluebird Appreciation 2021

So, new year, new opportunities. With Harper recently appearing in Punchline Special 1 and Dark Knights: Death Metal 5 and there being groundwork for her and Leslie Thompkins in the Punchline backup stories, 2021 looks to be a year where she can get a bit of the proverbial limelight.

HarperRow PLS1.jpg
    Bluebird DKDM5.jpg

For new readers, I have compiled a list of appearances, with major issues being placed in bold.

Batman Volume 2 #1 First non-speaking appearance.
    Batman Volume 2 #7 First speaking appearance, name dropped as well.
    Batman Volume 2 #12 "Origin" issue, circling back to Batman Volume 2 #1. First appearance of Cullen Row.
    Batman Volume 2 #18 First time Harper is in the prototype suit. First appearance of Marcus Row.

Detective Comics Volume 2 #21 Follow-up to Batman Volume 2 #18.

Batman Volume 2 #25 Flashback, gives insight to Harper's problem solving skills.
    Batman Volume 2 #28 Batman Eternal preview, first appearance of Harper as Bluebird.
    Batman Volume 2 #29 Cameo appearance during Batman: Zero Year.

Batman Eternal 2
    Batman Eternal 5
    Batman Eternal 12- 17
    Batman Eternal 19
    Batman Eternal 25-26
    Batman Eternal 36
    Batman Eternal 41
    Batman Eternal 42

Batman Eternal 43-52

Batman Volume 2 #35 Cameo appearance during dream sequence, showing some future iteration of the Bluebird suit.
    Batman Volume 2 #39 Fighting with the Bat-family.

Detective Comics: Endgame #1 Cameo appearance.

Batman Volume 2 #40 Fighting with the Bat-family.

Batman and Robin Eternal 1-14
    Batman and Robin Eternal 17-26

Batgirl Volume 4 #47 Teams up with Batgirl, Spoiler, and Operator.
    Batgirl Volume 4 #49
    Batgirl Volume 4 #50
    Batgirl Volume 4 #51 Makes front page.
    Batgirl Volume 4 #52 Cameo appearance with Spoiler.

Detective Comics Volume 1 #943 First Rebirth appearance.
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #944
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #945 Reveal that Harper is bisexual.
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #946
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #950 Cameo appearance, tries to console Cassandra Cain.
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #956
    Detective Comics Volume 1 #964 Cameo appearance.

Punchline Special #1 Major part of the story, takes Harper out of retirement, Bluebird comes back.

Dark Knights Death Metal #5 Cameo appearance.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Nice one, Harper. Epic Bat-fail" - the name drop ^^

Bluebird

Hopefully 2021 doesn’t just bring her back to be Punchline’s punching bag.

Happy New Year to Harper and her fans .

Bluebird

We know Bluebird will be a key player in Punchline’s backup story for the Joker series, but here’s hoping there’s more in store for her. Comics appearances, toys, maybe showing up in Batwoman S2? The sky’s the limit.

Mighty Member

Happy New Year, to all Bluebird fans!!! May 2021 be a great one for Harper Row.

Bluebird

I hope she makes it into Gotham Knights as a DLC character.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Or in the sequel .

Considering how Gotham Knights is inspired by Court of Owls I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up as a cameo somewhere around Gotham.

We know Bluebird will be a key player in Punchline’s backup story for the Joker series, but here’s hoping there’s more in store for her. Comics appearances, toys, maybe showing up in Batwoman S2? The sky’s the limit.
    I'd love a miniseries and an action figure would be good to have on my desk. Though the DC Universe already made a bust of her for their collection, I'd really like a statue based on some of her imagery from Batman Eternal 42 (minus the Mad Hatter hat).

Eternal-42.jpg
    f22c92cf293980852c3e0953fb9e3288.jpg
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

I wouldn't be against a slight redesign of her outfit. Not that the one she has so far isn't cool, but I'd like her return to have alittle more oompf behind it, and a new costume would certianly help !

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I wouldn't be against a slight redesign of her outfit. Not that the one she has so far isn't cool, but I'd like her return to have alittle more oompf behind it, and a new costume would certianly help !
    A new costume that’s actually blue to match her hero name would be a start. I’ve always found it odd that a character named Bluebird has a costume that’s mostly just black with blue accentuations.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Her costume was originally supposed to be Nightwing, so I'm game for a more predominantly blue costume, maybe with a touch of purple to match her hair, as long as it doesn't drown it.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Her costume was originally supposed to be Nightwing, so I'm game for a more predominantly blue costume, maybe with a touch of purple to match her hair, as long as it doesn't drown it.
    Maybe replace the black parts of her current outfit with a navy blue to contrast the pre-existing blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I would love an upgrade, a Bluebird 2.0 suit. Since a portion of it is from extra components of Tim's New 52 Red Robin and what Harper had with her at the time, it'd be interesting to see what she could come up with when given the resources. I think the fall arrest gear she repurposed into her utility belt is a essential and identifiable part of her costume and should be carried forward.

I have problems with the neck armour but considering that Harper is investigating Punchline, someone who goes for the neck, I say keep it.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I would love an upgrade, a Bluebird 2.0 suit. Since a portion of it is from extra components of Tim's New 52 Red Robin and what Harper had with her at the time, it'd be interesting to see what she could come up with when given the resources. I think the fall arrest gear she repurposed into her utility belt is a essential and identifiable part of her costume and should be carried forward.

I have problems with the neck armour but considering that Harper is investigating Punchline, someone who goes for the neck, I say keep it.
    Do you think she can have a bluebird symbol instead of the current blue V design?