Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Bluebird

What’s a good name for the Bluebird Bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    What’s a good name for the Bluebird Bike?
    Hmm, I'd probably go with a play on birds and Harper and Cullen's last name, and call it The Sparrow.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Bumping this for Bluebird (feat. The Joker & Punchline) aka Joker #2 out today.

Astonishing Member

Bumping this for Bluebird (feat. The Joker & Punchline) aka Joker #2 out today.
    I like the way you think!

I like there being regular instalments of the Punchline/Bluebird storyline, but due to it being only eight pages a month, it sure does feel super decompressed. Got the news yesterday that Sweeney Boo, who's doing artwork on the Batgirls portion of Batman: Urban Legends, I'm excited to see how she draws Harper.

The solicit for Joker 5 sure is ominous, I hope Harper isn't too badly hurt.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I like there being regular instalments of the Punchline/Bluebird storyline, but due to it being only eight pages a month, it sure does feel super decompressed. Got the news yesterday that Sweeney Boo, who's doing artwork on the Batgirls portion of Batman: Urban Legends, I'm excited to see how she draws Harper.

The Duke Thomas backups in Rebirth's All-Star Batman also felt like they never lasted long enough each issue. Not surprised to see similar here.

Bluebird

Wonder if the presumed beat down she suffers will be worse than when David Cain attacked her in Batman & Robin Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    The Duke Thomas backups in Rebirth's All-Star Batman also felt like they never lasted long enough each issue. Not surprised to see similar here.
    That's true, I forgot about that. I might be forgetting how it went, but did it ever explain how Duke beat Mr. Bloom's explosive crossword building (off topic I know).

Wonder if the presumed beat down she suffers will be worse than when David Cain attacked her in Batman & Robin Eternal.
    Well considering that they're in a condemned building with evidence against Alexis, I'm going to guess the guy is going to set something off. I'm wondering if Harper is going to have someone like Anarky come and assist her in gathering evidence against Punchline.

Astonishing Member

That's true, I forgot about that. I might be forgetting how it went, but did it ever explain how Duke beat Mr. Bloom's explosive crossword building (off topic I know).
    It's been awhile, so I'd have to re-read it. Duke got through Daryl's scheme somehow, though, I just don't recall offhand.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    If anything, it makes the case for a true Bluebird solo series even stronger.

If anything, it makes the case for a true Bluebird solo series even stronger.
    At the very least she should get a Secret Files.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    At the very least she should get a Secret Files.
    Yep, I think a Secret Files dedicated to Harper would be the best route. Maybe it can be disconnected from the whole Punchline saga and it’s about something else.

Yep, I think a Secret Files dedicated to Harper would be the best route. Maybe it can be disconnected from the whole Punchline saga and it’s about something else.
    I'd love if it connects the time between when the Victim Syndicate attacked the Thompkins Clinic in Detective Comics and the present. You could have the attack be what prompts Harper to go back into training.

Bluebird

image012-1.jpg

Our girl Harper made it onto the DC Pride variant cover for Batman #109, alongside Renee Montoya, Batwoman, Ghost-Maker, and Batman himself. This wonderful cover is by Jen Bartel.

image012-1.jpg

Our girl Harper made it onto the DC Pride variant cover for Batman #109, alongside Renee Montoya, Batwoman, Ghost-Maker, and Batman himself. This wonderful cover is by Jen Bartel.
    I saw that announcement yesterday afternoon, I got on the phone with my local comic shop to order it. The employee I spoke to said that the FOC is today, so make sure to talk to your own shops to secure a copy. I wonder if Harper will play some part in DC Pride.