Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I saw that announcement yesterday afternoon, I got on the phone with my local comic shop to order it. The employee I spoke to said that the FOC is today, so make sure to talk to your own shops to secure a copy. I wonder if Harper will play some part in DC Pride.
    I know for one thing that she's not starring in one of the listed stories, but I assume she'll be in the background somewhere in a pinup.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Attachment 109329

Our girl Harper made it onto the DC Pride variant cover for Batman #109, alongside Renee Montoya, Batwoman, Ghost-Maker, and Batman himself. This wonderful cover is by Jen Bartel.
    Happy they remembered and added Bluebird!

(Bruce's Batman being there, I wonder is that meant to imply something or just be another Nightwing incident?)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Happy they remembered and added Bluebird!

(Bruce's Batman being there, I wonder is that meant to imply something or just be another Nightwing incident?)
    Probably the latter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the latter.
    Well, like with Nightwing, that is frustrating. Not to mention comes off as queerbaiting-y. (Less so than Nightwing, but still.)

Well, like with Nightwing, that is frustrating. Not to mention comes off as queerbaiting-y. (Less so than Nightwing, but still.)
    I think it was more to highlight characters who are supportive and allies than to feature queerbaiting, but that's just my read on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was more to highlight characters who are supportive and allies than to feature queerbaiting, but that's just my read on it.
    Feels too convenient to settle for such a conclusion, especially in Nightwing's case, who has a history in fandom as a queer icon that's deliberately being tapped into on his Pride cover despite that queerness never transcending outside of fanon. Part of me also feels that highlighting alleged allies on these covers doesn't sit right. Now's not the time for that.

Feels too convenient to settle for such a conclusion, especially in Nightwing's case, who has a history in fandom as a queer icon that's deliberately being tapped into on his Pride cover despite that queerness never transcending outside of fanon. Part of me also feels that highlighting alleged allies on these covers doesn't sit right. Now's not the time for that.
    Well, I mean, I guess it could seem too convenient but I think it's a possible reading of why Bruce is on there and why they would use historically straight characters on Pride covers, but that's just my personal read on it.

Do you think Harper will finally find some incriminating evidence against Punchline this week? It certainly seems like the building she's in will be destroyed next month.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Do you think Harper will finally find some incriminating evidence against Punchline this week? It certainly seems like the building she's in will be destroyed next month.
    I think the cliffhanger for the issue will be that dude she was interrogating knocking her out, then next month is the blowing up. Suffice to say, it's gonna be a rough couple of months for our blue-hued heroine.

Bluebird

spoilers:
    Suffice to say, things don't quite look good as she's knocked unconscious by the guy and left in the basement with things about to blow up. That's one way to hook people for next month...
    end of spoilers

I saw news this morning that Mirka Andolfo is the artist on the new Superman/Lobo Black Label book, do you think artist Sweeney Boo will stay on as artist for the Punchline backups or do you think another artist will be brought onto the project?
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

I saw news this morning that Mirka Andolfo is the artist on the new Superman/Lobo Black Label book, do you think artist Sweeney Boo will stay on as artist for the Punchline backups or do you think another artist will be brought onto the project?
    I assume she’ll be in for the long run.

That said, I did love how Andolfo drew Bluebird, so I’ll miss that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Attachment 109329

Our girl Harper made it onto the DC Pride variant cover for Batman #109, alongside Renee Montoya, Batwoman, Ghost-Maker, and Batman himself. This wonderful cover is by Jen Bartel.
    Is DC confirming Bruce is LGBTQ+? Likely, B?

I'm actually curious how she would deal with the Unsanity Collective. So having her pop up there would've been more appealing.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm actually curious how she would deal with the Unsanity Collective. So having her pop up there would've been more appealing.
    I’m super curious how she’d match up with Miracle Molly. Her and Bluebird’s designs owe a lot to technicolor hair, so that’d be a neat design clash.