Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If they wanted a "white" Batgirl, they would have used Barbara and give her a "techie" background. In fact, many adaptations give Barbara tech abilities.

They choose Cassandra, because they want diversity in the characters.
    Yup yup this is one of the most blatant examples of checkboxing I have ever seen

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I read Punchline Chapter 7 over the weekend, definitely felt like a 180 from the previous instalment. It showcased Harper's resourcefulness and Friday's solicits show the story will move a lot in the next couple of issues.

Feels like the Punchline and The Royal Flush Gang storyline will continue into 2022, I wonder who will take writing duties?

Seeing her in Future State: Gotham was a pleasant surprise. Despite my initial fears, Harper is still a hero.
    The December/January solicitations seem to suggest that she escapes the prison and accomplish her mission of finding that old friend of Punchline's, so she presumably wins at least their first showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Tynion said in one of his newsletters, that he will be remaining on The Joker through issue 14, and that the Punchline story will continue all the way through, before wrapping in #14 as well.
    Oh I meant if Punchline will be spun into it's own miniseries or if it'll continue to be told through backups in various books. From the December solicits it seems like Punchline and the Royal Flush Gang will continue to be a presence in Gotham, at least until Joker makes a return to Gotham where he'll inevitably be targeting Punchline for getting his message wrong.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Apparently, Young Justice S4 is out next month, and I assume Harper will be in it. Let's see if they get the character right this time and/or if she gets to wear the Bluebird suit.

Bluebird

DC Fandome is next week, and thus, us Bluebird fans wait to see if DC will throw us a crumb or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    DC Fandome is next week, and thus, us Bluebird fans wait to see if DC will throw us a crumb or two.
    If the rumours of Injustice 3 are true, hopefully she's in it this time.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

If the rumours of Injustice 3 are true, hopefully she's in it this time.
    Still clinging on the hope that she at least appears as a civilian in Batwoman S3, with hints of becoming Bluebird.

Bluebird

Bluebird showing some ingenuity in today's Punchline backup, even showcasing a new toy of sorts:

spoilers:
    Magnetic implants she embedded in her hands
    end of spoilers

Bluebird showing some ingenuity in today's Punchline backup, even showcasing a new toy of sorts:

spoilers:
    Magnetic implants she embedded in her hands
    end of spoilers
    I'm really excited to read this on Saturday!

Bluebird

tumblr_35e9fef318126d5a625d25bdbfafb32e_7350060c_1280.jpg

A look at Harper and Cullen (I guess?) in Young Justice season 4.

Thought the Young Justice interpretation of Harper left a lot to be desired, I hope she gets some redemption this season. Between this and The Joker solicits, I’m hopeful Harper will continue to be used once the book ends in April.

Also I still haven’t been able to read the Punchline backup yet, weather here has been bad, hoping tomorrow is better.
    Last edited by Westbats; 10-16-2021 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Forgot a portion.

Bluebird

Thought the Young Justice interpretation of Harper left a lot to be desired, I hope she gets some redemption this season. Between this and The Joker solicits, I’m hopeful Harper will continue to be used once the book ends in April.

Also I still haven’t been able to read the Punchline backup yet, weather here has been bad, hoping tomorrow is better.
    Her hair in that image has me wondering how that'd look with her full Bluebird getup.

That said, it's interesting that they depict her hair as just solid blue, rather than the usual purple with the blue streak as depicted in the comics.b
    Last edited by Stars & Stripes; 10-16-2021 at 09:15 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Harper continues to be quite fun in the Punchline backups, though I'm curious as to whether this will really highlight why it has to be Harper instead of one of the other Batfamily members, other than her connection to Cullen and Leslie.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

tumblr_35e9fef318126d5a625d25bdbfafb32e_7350060c_1280.jpg

A look at Harper and Cullen (I guess?) in Young Justice season 4.
    I don’t know how to feel about the adoption, it was too fairytale. You can just take in every set of abused kids, I kinda like that Harper once legal supported herself and took Cullen with her.

So how long until Harper and violet hook up

Astonishing Member

So, Cullen's dyed his hair?

Hope that means he'll have an arc to actively participate in, too, this time.

Her hair in that image has me wondering how that'd look with her full Bluebird getup.

That said, it's interesting that they depict her hair as just solid blue, rather than the usual purple with the blue streak as depicted in the comics.b
    Probably for pragmatic simplicity in animation.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-19-2021 at 09:54 PM.