Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Would make for a fun(?) showdown if this different character ever collided with Bluebird.
    I'd love it if Harper crosses back and forth between Batman and Punchline titles. Maybe I just want an excuse for a Harper variant cover haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I just saw this art posted in David Lafuente's account this morning, and thought* you guys could like it.
    Thanks for letting us know!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thanks! Just wanted to post the images to the thread directly.

The source link again: https://twitter.com/DarkoLafuente/st...16114114125831

Hey kind of an aside question, how do you post images that are full-sized like that?
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

What does everyone think of the potential of her younger brother having his own hero identity? Or does he work better as a non-costumed ally?

Ultimate Member

What does everyone think of the potential of her younger brother having his own hero identity? Or does he work better as a non-costumed ally?
    Supporting cast. Gotham's getting overrun at this rate!

Hmm, honestly I'd prefer if he'd stay as a non-costumed ally, kind of be Harper's anchor to the world outside of superheroes.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Astonishing Member

I'm of the general opinion "the more, the merrier"; I'd love to see how he'd express himself in a costumed identity.

This is super fanon of me, but I always loved the time Cullen spent with Midnighter in the latter portion of Batman and Robin: Eternal. Midnighter was shown to keep tabs and relations with people who had bonded with during his New 52 solo, and I like to headcanon that Cullen and Midnighter kept in touch after Batman and Robin: Eternal ended. With all of that said, I'd like to see Cullen's hypothetical costumed identity and cues take from Midnighter, with Cullen's own spin and budding personality apart of it.

But that's just me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Hey kind of an aside question, how do you post images that are full-sized like that?
    I'm on Chrome, so if it's a twitter image, I right-click, open image in new tab. If possible, I see if I can remove the part of the URL that says "small" or whatever, adding "large" in its place if that'll stick.

From there, I copy the URL, and in a CBR text field, I click the insert image button, change the entry type to "From URL", and then I make sure to un-check the box that asks if CBR can host the image locally. I do this, because that option messes the image up. It compresses and resizes it, which makes the image come off looking small and poor quality; naturally low resolution images just suffer more so. Once that's done, I paste the URL (that pbs.twimg.com one, in this case), and click "OK".

The URL will show up in the text field wrapped in [IMG][/IMG] tags. (You could also just type them in yourself and paste the URL in between them, if you're in a position to do so and have a good memory for the more common tags. I go through the insert image button, when I'm on CBR, though.

This lets the image show up and look within the post and look big, as is the case in the post you quoted.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No. I want more slice of life not less.

Bluebird

I'm hoping this thread gets more traffic when the Joker series w/ the Punchline backup ft. Bluebird starts next month.

I'm hoping this thread gets more traffic when the Joker series w/ the Punchline backup ft. Bluebird starts next month.
    I'm sure it will, the stopgap for Future State is quite odd, in terms of timing. Things are shifting in Gotham and we don't know how they are until March. It feels very much like how Convergence was the stopgap between The New 52 and Rebirth. Harper's absence in Future State isn't helping in interest in the character either.

I still believe that the Trial of Punchline could have been it's own series rather than the Joker backup, especially since Tynion seems to be making Scarecrow and The Unsanity Collective out to be the big villains of 2021.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I'm sure it will, the stopgap for Future State is quite odd, in terms of timing. Things are shifting in Gotham and we don't know how they are until March. It feels very much like how Convergence was the stopgap between The New 52 and Rebirth. Harper's absence in Future State isn't helping in interest in the character either.

I still believe that the Trial of Punchline could have been it's own series rather than the Joker backup, especially since Tynion seems to be making Scarecrow and The Unsanity Collective out to be the big villains of 2021.
    I'm dreading/assuming that she'll be in that Red Hood Future State series as one of the Bat Family heroes that Jason has to hunt down.

Cullen pops up in the Future State Outsiders backup. He has cybernetic implants so I'd do something similar. Given his appearance in the Punchline trial arc, I could see him becoming an antagonist. Maybe he'd be a modern day version of Prank?

For reference, Prank was an OC created for the Batman cartoon from the early 2000s. He started out as a Joker fan who went to school with Barbara.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cullen pops up in the Future State Outsiders backup. He has cybernetic implants so I'd do something similar. Given his appearance in the Punchline trial arc, I could see him becoming an antagonist. Maybe he'd be a modern day version of Prank?
    I wonder if Harper is still Bluebirding in Future State...

Astonishing Member

For reference, Prank was an OC created for the Batman cartoon from the early 2000s. He started out as a Joker fan who went to school with Barbara.
    Would be sad to see one of Gotham's, and DC's as a whole, few confirmed male gay characters go unambiguously bad, though.

Would be sad to see one of Gotham's, and DC's as a whole, few confirmed male gay characters go unambiguously bad, though.
    He doesn't have to be a 100% bad guy. I think Tynion chose him as a way to humanize the Joker fans and explore what radicalization looks like. So him become a antivillian/antihero feels more likely.

Astonishing Member

He doesn't have to be a 100% bad guy. I think Tynion chose him as a way to humanize the Joker fans and explore what radicalization looks like. So him become a antivillian/antihero feels more likely.
    Depends on who he goes about it, and to what end. It's still a worry for me, though, especially at this early stage.

Bluebird

I’m assuming the endgame is that Bluebird saves him from being fully indoctrinated.