Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I’m assuming the endgame is that Bluebird saves him from being fully indoctrinated.
    Or not. This is Batman

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cullen pops up in the Future State Outsiders backup. He has cybernetic implants so I'd do something similar.
    I just got my copy last night and I was shocked to see the spy being Cullen...name drops never mean nothing in comics. It could be that Punchline's trial (and the ambiguous A-Day) pushes Cullen in the totally opposite direction, an absolute hatred of masked heroes and villains.

I wonder if Harper is still Bluebirding in Future State...
    t does bring me back to my initial reaction of that character who looks like Harper in Future State: Batgirls alongside Stephanie with the wads of cash.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I just got my copy last night and I was shocked to see the spy being Cullen...name drops never mean nothing in comics. It could be that Punchline's trial (and the ambiguous A-Day) pushes Cullen in the totally opposite direction, an absolute hatred of masked heroes and villains.

t does bring me back to my initial reaction of that character who looks like Harper in Future State: Batgirls alongside Stephanie with the wads of cash.
    Blue haired girl does have a stunning lack of piercings or isn't really as fashionable as Harper is.

I'm dreading/assuming that she'll be in that Red Hood Future State series as one of the Bat Family heroes that Jason has to hunt down.
    I hope so. The cover might be a misdirect; there's a number of Batfamily unaccounted for, and considering that Joshua Williamson is the writer on the new Robin ongoing, I have a feeling that's where we're going to figure out what happened to Damian. If it occurs after Future State: Red Hood then he might be on the run from the Magistrate and having uneasy alliances with the other members of the Batfamily.

Blue haired girl does have a stunning lack of piercings or isn't really as fashionable as Harper is.
    Yeah I'm probably projecting...seeing Cullen work with the Magistrate doesn't bode well for Harper though. They might be estranged, which would probably emotionally devastate her.

I wonder if Harper is still Bluebirding in Future State...
    You'd think with Harper's aesthetic that she'd be a perfect choice for a Cyberpunk!Gotham story.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    You'd think with Harper's aesthetic that she'd be a perfect choice for a Cyberpunk!Gotham story.
    Just add a few neon blue things and the Bluebird suit is now perfect for Future State.

Regarding the Cullen namedrop in Outsiders and A-Day... isn't Punchline's name Alexis ?

What is she was declared innocent and someone (be it Ghost-Maker or Clownhunte) killed her for her role in Joker War ?

Just add a few neon blue things and the Bluebird suit is now perfect for Future State.
    Honestly? I say let her be Future State’s Batwoman (I know we saw Kate in Future State: Nightwing, but still).
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Regarding the Cullen namedrop in Outsiders and A-Day... isn't Punchline's name Alexis ?

What is she was declared innocent and someone (be it Ghost-Maker or Clownhunter) killed her for her role in Joker War ?
    That is a really good point. There’s toss-away line in Future State: The Next Batman 2 about Joker and Punchline that makes me wonder if that’s what indeed happened.

Bluebird

What are the chances we get a Bluebird variant cover for the Joker solo, since we have Punchline ones.

I'm guessing it's a 0% chance, as she's not the lead there.

What are the chances we get a Bluebird variant cover for the Joker solo, since we have Punchline ones.

I'm guessing it's a 0% chance, as she's not the lead there.
    She probably won't until Batman and Joker/Punchline stories converge for Tynion's eventual follow up to The Joker War. Even then I'd be more inclined to say it'll be a variant of Batman rather than Joker.
    Last edited by Westbats; 02-13-2021 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention where I think which title will have the variant.

Sweet! Thanks for finding that .

I found out this afternoon that artist Joe Quinones has made a lot of his artwork available for sale, including pages from his work on Batman Eternal 41. The biggest one is Harper becoming Bluebird for the "first" time (excluding the Batman Eternal preview in Batman 28).

Bluebird

The art that I shared above does kinda work as a Bluebird redesign, now that I think about it.

Bluebird

ddnwlur-0479f8e3-578e-48fd-9aca-b368ca40a921.jpg

More Bluebird art. This piece is by InfamousPT.

Source: deviantart.com/infamouspt/art/Bluebird-826212771

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

What is she was declared innocent and someone (be it Ghost-Maker or Clownhunte) killed her for her role in Joker War ?
    That's gonna be really bold considering his popularity

...or you know what... she fakes her death and put it on the Bat fam in general

Bluebird

bc___bluebird_sw_by_al_818_da3js4i-fullview.jpg

Sketch cover that gives Harper some... interesting new sidearms aside from her big electric gun.

Art by AL-818

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/al-818/ar...d-SW-610623522