5 7.25%
  • Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Ryan Wilder's Batwoman by Jim Lee
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Ryan Wilder's Batwoman by Jim Lee
    That came out really nice. I would love to see a Ryan story written by Javicia Leslie get published. Like Camrus Johnson did with Batwing.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Milestone doesn’t count why ?
    In terms of DC ownership.

Milestone is not owned by DC Comics.

In other words if Milestone doesn't put anything out DC still has to write them a check in order to retain publishing rights.

If not Milestone could go anywhere else like they ALMOST did in 1996. Legend has it Milestone was looking elsewhere and a certain company was in the running.

That company didn't get them but got ANOTHER company and RUINED them. Mainly they wanted the coloring system they were using-a system I think Milestone started using around Static #25 as they moved to better paper.
    That company was also in the middle of MONEY issues that got resolved at the expense of major assets in terms of their rights outside of comics.

The company in question? Marvel Comics. So Static chilling with Synch or Black Panther wasn't a pipedream at one time. Although if Milestone wanted to do that-DC would have no say.

What a wild alternate universe that would have been.

So any black character with an ongoing outside of Green Lantern and Milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    John Ridley's I AM BATMAN is an ongoing I think.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Hey Kurenai, haven't seen you in a while.

I can only tell you for the ones that got minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    John Ridley's I AM BATMAN is an ongoing I think.
    Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Hey Kurenai, haven't seen you in a while.

I can only tell you for the ones that got minis.
    Hey, it's good to be back (at least for a while), I think I remember all the ones who are/were getting minis, with Aqualad, Mister Miracle, Black Manta, Vixen had one digitally, FS Batman had one digitally as well ...and tbh that's all I remember lol..

~~~~

You know I was hoping being busy with work and then getting some time to come back would end with me seeing some surprises but it seems like DC is still not showing me the investment I want to see when it comes to their black characters; maybe next year in the next wave.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Well, the current 'Aquaman: The Becoming' series is basically a Jackson Hyde/Aqualad ongoing.

Incredible Member

So it's no surprise that the batman family is fairly popular. They're getting their own game, they have a web series and a robin series with most likely more to come. The Wonder Woman family is also getting a little push recently with Nubia and the Amazons. On the other side of things DC likes to introduce new or old diverse characters to these families.

Though it's highly unlikely, which of DC's black non-legacy characters do you think has the best chance to build a "family"? One with it's own city, it's own new diverse characters, and it's own lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So it's no surprise that the batman family is fairly popular. They're getting their own game, they have a web series and a robin series with most likely more to come. The Wonder Woman family is also getting a little push recently with Nubia and the Amazons. On the other side of things DC likes to introduce new or old diverse characters to these families.

Though it's highly unlikely, which of DC's black non-legacy characters do you think has the best chance to build a "family"? One with it's own city, it's own new diverse characters, and it's own lore?
    Black Lightning easily. he already has built in sidekicks via his daughters, a potential extended cast if DC took The Outsider from Bats and made them his his team considering he of his progeny are almost always on the team, and there is always the John Stewart connection via Lynn to deepen his familial roots in the DC universe; Pierce-Stewarts could be the superhero dynasty like the West-Allens. All they need to do is introduce Freeland and they can start building his lore out properly. I had a whole pitch for a how I'd structure a Lightning Family a while back and everything.

Vixen has an entire continent that has barely been fleshed out, that she could use to build her own family as well. they could re-introduce The Kingdom and have her's be the panafrican "family" of the DC Universe.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-24-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Lightning easily. he already has built in sidekicks via his daughters, a potential extended cast if DC took The Outsider from Bats and made them his his team considering he of his progeny are almost always on the team, and there is always the John Stewart connection via Lynn to deepen his familial roots in the DC universe; Pierce-Stewarts could be the superhero dynasty like the West-Allens. All they need to do is introduce Freeland and they can start building his lore out properly. I had a whole pitch for a how I'd structure a Lightning Family a while back and everything.

Vixen has an entire continent that has barely been fleshed out, that she could use to build her own family as well. they could re-introduce The Kingdom and have her's be the panafrican "family" of the DC Universe.
    I remember in the show when Lynn finally mentioned her brother John...although I guess it's different from the West-Allens since, unlike in Flash where it's all one property, BL and GL are two different franchises.

Vixen also should have access to that universe she created with Tristess and Animal Man way back in the "Animal Man" series from the 1980s. I can imagine her borrowing one of Mr. Terrific's T-ships (like one of the ones used in "The Terrifics") and going off to explore that universe.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post

I thought when the Black Lightning tv series came out, DC would capitalize on the synergy in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought when the Black Lightning tv series came out, DC would capitalize on the synergy in the comics.
    DC did the same thing with John Stewart. They were being consistent.

Not so much with Harley Quinn, though.