• Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

By Cliff Chiang.

Incredible Member

Hey guys. Which of DC's heroes do you think would fit in the heavy weight class like Superman, Thor, Shazam, and Omniman? I feel a little starved for strong black superheros. I would prefer original characters, but legacy characters work to I guess. Currently reading up on Icon, but that's not DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Hey guys. Which of DC's heroes do you think would fit in the heavy weight class like Superman, Thor, Shazam, and Omniman? I feel a little starved for strong black superheros. I would prefer original characters, but legacy characters work to I guess. Currently reading up on Icon, but that's not DC.
    John Stewart should technically be that powerful but Green Lanterns rarely display that level of power unless it's in their series and it's usually Hal or Kyle pulling off those kinds of feats. still, Mosaic John is probably one of the most powerful black superheroes DC's ever had.

Cyborg (again, like John) should be up there due to being part New God tech in a Prometheum body and immortal, but he's rarely if ever shown to be remotely in this ballpark.

Tyroc WAS that powerful, back when he could manipulate reality depending on the sounds he makes, but they've taken that power away so he's now effectively a black male Black Canary.

Black Lightning has been hinted at being on that high tier multiple times over the years but DC for whatever reason keep yo-yoing his power scale. sometimes he's a legit elemental, then next story he's back to being (or just barely above) street level.

Duke Thomas as The Final Knight of the Dark Multiverse is up there based on the strength of the equipment he's managed to acquire. Monitor armor bound in the body of a 10th metal Dragon plus a dragon bone sword and the parall-axe (a Emotional Spectrum powered axe guitar); that's a teleporting tank with the training of Batman and the power of all the Lantern Corps.

Nix Uotan is for intents and purposes black presenting, so he'd probably be the most powerful black superhero DC has.

[EDIT: Iunno much about him so I may be wrong, but I think Amazing Man was supposed to be up there in power too]

i can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but we do also have a couple new character that could potentially be that strong/powerful. there's Naomi, who's powers have yet to be explored to their fullest, and Jog from The Revolutionaries who is half New God, and became more powerful after he died and was resurrected.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-20-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    John Stewart should technically be that powerful but Green Lanterns rarely display that level of power unless it's in their series and it's usually Hal or Kyle pulling off those kinds of feats. still, Mosaic John is probably one of the most powerful black superheroes DC's ever had.

Cyborg (again, like John) should be up there due to being part New God tech in a Prometheum body and immortal, but he's rarely if ever shown to be remotely in this ballpark.

Tyroc WAS that powerful, back when he could manipulate reality depending on the sounds he makes, but they've taken that power away so he's now effectively a black male Black Canary.

Black Lightning has been hinted at being on that high tier multiple times over the years but DC for whatever reason keep yo-yoing his power scale. sometimes he's a legit elemental, then next story he's back to being (or just barely above) street level.

Duke Thomas as The Final Knight of the Dark Multiverse is up there based on the strength of the equipment he's managed to acquire. Monitor armor bound in the body of a 10th metal Dragon plus a dragon bone sword and the parall-axe (a Emotional Spectrum powered axe guitar); that's a teleporting tank with the training of Batman and the power of all the Lantern Corps.

Nix Uotan is for intents and purposes black presenting, so he'd probably be the most powerful black superhero DC has.

[EDIT: Iunno much about him so I may be wrong, but I think Amazing Man was supposed to be up there in power too]

i can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but we do also have a couple new character that could potentially be that strong/powerful. there's Naomi, who's powers have yet to be explored to their fullest, and Jog from The Revolutionaries who is half New God, and became more powerful after he died and was resurrected.
    What is Nix Uotan from and do you have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    What is Nix Uotan from and do you have any recommendations?
    Nix is the last of the Monitor race (please don't make me explain Monitors. I can do it but it's PTSD everytime) and I think he started popping up just before Final Crisis, but back then he looked more in-line with the standard Monitor. I believe it's Multiversity that he starts looking black. he's largely an event-type character so Final Crisis and Multiversity are the places you'll see him but I'm sure he's made appearances in other stories. you don't see him getting in the mix and fighting a ton tho. I wouldn't recommend fishing for Nix content if you are looking for powerful black character wish fulfillment. he's a cool character and all it's just that he's black but only incidental so (again, he's really a Monitor) and he's not really giving big body badass. he's not having spectacular fights or nothing, but he's a Multiverse guy so you'll get to see some cool visuals.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Original dc black superheroes that are really strong or really powerful that are close or near superman level,equal to superman or above him?

Well here are some i could think of.

Icon

Naomi

Fuerza

Nix Uotan(Superjudge)

Now Darla Dudley is a superman type but i am not sure how powerful she is.
    She is really powerful however.

Djinn

John Stewart(Green lantern)

Note- not really original but part of a corps.

Firestorm (Rusch)
    Superhuman Strength: Elements tied to the Firestorm Matrix receive an increased amount of physical strength and muscle mass. Certain elements can tap into this energy and become large hulking entities however such strength can be quite destructive to the host if not used sparingly.

Tanya Spears(powergirl)

Nubia(Wonder Woman)

The Black Supermen

Sojourner Mullein(Green lantern)

Fatality(Star Sapphire)

Crispus Allen(The Spectre)
    Last edited by mace11; 05-20-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Taking into account entire power sets, Jason Rusch's Firestorm should be a powerhouse, especially when Jason's is allowed to be at peak intelligence and peak performance.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-21-2021 at 02:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Anybody knows how powerful Jackson King(Battalion) is from wildstorm?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Anybody knows how powerful Jackson King (Battalion) is from wildstorm?
    He was supposed to be one step below his dad, who was freakishly powerful and could take on entire teams of other heroes (but Jackson clearly had the potential to get there, someday...).

Still, by the standards of DC telepaths and telekinetics, he should be pretty buff. He was shown levitating his entire team at times, but not like, force-yanking star destroyers from the sky or anything like that, and his telepathy generally seemed versatile, but limited to where he was, not 'Imma broadcast to the entire planet now' as it sometimes gets with dedicated telepaths like Saturn Girl.

Unlike some Marvel telekinetics, he seemed to focus more on moving stuff around, and didn't generally create pink fluffy force fields, swords or zap beams of telekinetic energy. (Although that's been portrayed inconsistently...) Hence the body armor, to protect himself from attacks moving too fast to see, or which came at him by surprise.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I wonder were these home-made, store bought, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I personally have those Vixen, Green Lantern, Black Lightning and Black Superman figures, as they were sold in stores. I've seen that Bronze Tiger and Mr. Terrific in YouTube videos, so those were probably released in stores as well. I think I saw Batwing advertised a few years ago as part of an upcoming toy line. I don't ever recall seeing those Steel or Robin action figures before.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I have Duke, Vixen, Tiger, Holt & Jefferson.

Everyone up there is an official figure. Now FINDING them is another store.

Bronze Tiger, Holt & Jefferson are the oldest in that group from the early 2005-2010 is DC Universe line. I think John is too.

Val-not sure but I think he came next. Steel-not sure which version that is. He might be from 2015-16.

Vixen, Batwing and Duke are the most recent. Vixen would be the last one to come out. So she would be the one you MIGHT find in a store.

There is a Wallace figure (have him).

Here is a little secret for everybody when it comes to black toys. They tend to be the main ones that vanish off shelves first. Because they tend to be shipped like 5-7 in a box of say 100 figures. And they tend to get sold out rather fast in pre-orders.....

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I want those Steel, Calvin Ellis, Vixen, Stewart and Mr. Terrific figures (love that he has the T-spheres!)

But what the hell, is that Bronze Tiger? They need to make one that looks like his New 52/Rebirth look:

His old look is just not doing it for me lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want those Steel, Calvin Ellis, Vixen, Stewart and Mr. Terrific figures (love that he has the T-spheres!)

But what the hell, is that Bronze Tiger? They need to make one that looks like his New 52/Rebirth look:

His old look is just not doing it for me lol
    See I'm the reverse, I want Ben to have a costume and not be stuck in casual clothes. I'm especially over the bald look.