5 7.25%
  • Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They still don't outnumber the comic canon characters. Even Curtis Holt is just Michael Holt under a new name and Flash's version of Zoom is not an original character. He just disguised himself as an OC for a while.
    It may not outnumber but it's still a small problem i have that happens quite a bit within this universe. I'm not making this up. I've been watching these shows for quite some time.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

They use some more obscure heroes and change them as needed (Felicity is a great example of this) so to some it probably comes across as OCs. To be fair, in some cases (Felicity) they may as well be. Looker, Tattoo Man, they're not very well-known even by comic readers if they don't read backwards into the publication history. Ongoing-only readers aren't likely going to know who Damien Darhk is.

It took me a moment to realize Brandon was going to be the Black Lightning version of Geo-Force because they were bringing up Markovia so much, I assumed Brion would be arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They use some more obscure heroes and change them as needed (Felicity is a great example of this) so to some it probably comes across as OCs. To be fair, in some cases (Felicity) they may as well be. Looker, Tattoo Man, they're not very well-known even by comic readers if they don't read backwards into the publication history. Ongoing-only readers aren't likely going to know who Damien Darhk is.

It took me a moment to realize Brandon was going to be the Black Lightning version of Geo-Force because they were bringing up Markovia so much, I assumed Brion would be arriving.
    Looker and Tattooed Man might as well be OC's in my opinion. They share the name of their comic counterpart but that's where it stops. Looker is a vampire and Tattooed Man's powers work differently. That's all i was really trying to get at. Sorry for causing any confusion if i did.

Brandon Easton talks about his Mister Miracle mini.

https://blacknerdproblems.com/honori...randon-easton/

I like the art already.

MM_SOF_1_Preview4-675x1024.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Brandon Easton talks about his Mister Miracle mini.

https://blacknerdproblems.com/honori...randon-easton/

I like the art already.

MM_SOF_1_Preview4-675x1024.jpg
    fascinating. I wonder how often Shilo Norman appeared over the years. Another character I grew up knowing nothing about, alas... hopefully this increases his profile and have more appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    fascinating. I wonder how often Shilo Norman appeared over the years. Another character I grew up knowing nothing about, alas... hopefully this increases his profile and have more appearances.
    It would be nice if this was an ongoing series.

two new black character appreciation threads:

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

I really hope this gets picked up

If Batwoman is being cancelled, then it would behoove them to pick it up. But with Naomi on the horizon, i wonder if they feel like they have their black quota

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

If Batwoman is being cancelled, then it would behoove them to pick it up. But with Naomi on the horizon, i wonder if they feel like they have their black quota
    Your image is broken.

Other History of the DC Universe #5 (Anissa) Preview

Being a superhero runs in Anissa Pierce’s family. It’s been a part of her life in one way or another since her father, Jefferson Pierce, first started to fight crime as Black Lightning. Despite what her parents tell her, despite what the world tells her, Anissa knows that she has the same calling as her father. But as Anissa takes on the mantle of Thunder, she must grapple with a very different world than the one that her father first patrolled.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackLightn...nissa_preview/

Ultimate Member

Batwoman has already been renewed.

Extraordinary Member

Intresting discussions on Twitter , as people wonder why Warner won’t make movies with their original black characters

Intresting discussions on Twitter , as people wonder why Warner won’t make movies with their original black characters
    It's harder to sell an audience on a new brand rather than one they're familiar with. It's why you see so many sequels and franchises now.

This doesn't mean it's better, but it does at least appear to be the path of least resistance and to a studio executive that means they can break for lunch sooner so it's what they'll greenlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's harder to sell an audience on a new brand rather than one they're familiar with. It's why you see so many sequels and franchises now.

This doesn't mean it's better, but it does at least appear to be the path of least resistance and to a studio executive that means they can break for lunch sooner so it's what they'll greenlight.
    Which is odd, since every sequel or franchise had to have a new brand for the studio execs to take a chance on in the first place.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Which is odd, since every sequel or franchise had to have a new brand for the studio execs to take a chance on in the first place.
    But that's hard.