5 7.25%
  • Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I had a commission of Anansi the Spider, done by an artist by the name of Agustin Arias(@Nubby_art)

here are some of the sketches:

and here's the final product
    does Milestone own this character or does DC? I hope Milestone owns him.

The character is owned by Milestone and was used in Static issue 31. He is known as the Scarlet Scarab in the comics.

Just have a legacy take over and call himself Anansi the Spider.

I finally feel represented in comics; they gave a king his silky!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

I wish Natasha Irons got more love from DC.

Marvel/Bendis went and made Riri Williams and look how she’s doing.
    Bendis didn’t even work on Natasha when he was on the Superman books.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I love the color choices but I think it's a little too busy for a Superman costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I love the color choices but I think it's a little too busy for a Superman costume.
    I like it, personally. I dunno. It doesn't seem too busy to me.

I just like how unique it is. It feels like it has the potential to be very iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wish Natasha Irons got more love from DC.

Marvel/Bendis went and made Riri Williams and look how she’s doing.
    Bendis didn’t even work on Natasha when he was on the Superman books.
    Honestly, Riri became likable and popular after Bendis left and other writers worked miracles on her like Jim Zub or Eve Ewing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Honestly, Riri became likable and popular after Bendis left and other writers worked miracles on her like Jim Zub or Eve Ewing.
    I can't really agree with this, because it feels like the perspective of Bendis/Riri haters saying that, who are notoriously vocal.

Rather, Riri always had her popularity from the fans she gained since her inception. But it wasn't until Bendis left and other writers wrote her that a number of those who vocally hate Bendis and disdained Riri conveniently started singing Riri's praises more, making it seems like she only became popular then while ignoring her popularity and fanbase that was there before that point.

Haters and trolls aside, Riri's positive response existed since Bendis and them's inception of the character, which is why she became as relatively widespread as quickly as she did, even getting slated for animation pretty quickly (which, since animation has longer turnaround times, indicates her positive reception from her earliest points back then, that she would be included in stuff as relatively fast as she was).

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I can't really agree with this, because it feels like the perspective of Bendis/Riri haters saying that, who are notoriously vocal.

Rather, Riri always had her popularity from the fans she gained since her inception. But it wasn't until Bendis left and other writers wrote her that a number of those who vocally hate Bendis and disdained Riri conveniently started singing Riri's praises more, making it seems like she only became popular then while ignoring her popularity and fanbase that was there before that point.

Haters and trolls aside, Riri's positive response existed since Bendis and them's inception of the character, which is why she became as relatively widespread as quickly as she did, even getting slated for animation pretty quickly (which, since animation has longer turnaround times, indicates her positive reception from her earliest points back then, that she would be included in stuff as relatively fast as she was).
    I honestly tried to read Bendis' Riri but I found it extremely awful. I couldn't find anything about her that interested me and I found her so cringy. I still remember with horror and cringe her first debut as a superheroine.

When it was announced that she would be part of Champions, I thought of dropping the book, but decided to stay for characters like Nadia and Viv, and I started to show interest towards her after the issue of the school shooting when whe saw her perspective and opinion. Then Eve Ewing arrived and she did a wonderful work with the character.

I think that her animated debut happened during Zub's run of the Champions (that it was the time that the Secret Warriors cartoon was announced too).
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 03-05-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I like it, personally. I dunno. It doesn't seem too busy to me.

I just like how unique it is. It feels like it has the potential to be very iconic.
    I generally prefer simpler, slightly unassuming designs for Supermen. I give Calvin Ellis a pass since he's President Superman and should look like something of a regal figure as a result. It makes sense for him. For Clark, Val, etc. I think a more open, streamlined design works best. Personal preference, really.

I was going to comment on how the design draws attention to his crotch (again, weird for Supermen) but the diamond has been pointing right down to it for 80 years so I guess that's fair!

I normally hate when the cape clasps directly into the emblem (which is usually raised) but I think adding the Nightwing shoulder lines and freeing the cape up from it really works. There's good ideas, to be sure.
    Last edited by Robanker; 03-05-2021 at 12:22 PM.

i'm Hoping DC show some Love to Bumblebee and the Herald and i would love to see Empress aka Anite Fite in something soon.,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I honestly tried to read Bendis' Riri but I found it extremely awful. I couldn't find anything about her that interested me and I found her so cringy. I still remember with horror and cringe her first debut as a superheroine.

When it was announced that she would be part of Champions, I thought of dropping the book, but decided to stay for characters like Nadia and Viv, and I started to show interest towards her after the issue of the school shooting when whe saw her perspective and opinion. Then Eve Ewing arrived and she did a wonderful work with the character.

I think that her animated debut happened during Zub's run of the Champions (that it was the time that the Secret Warriors cartoon was announced too).
    It was planned sooner, because, again, Animation turnaround takes longer (South Park being the exception). I recall they first announced some the stuff Riri would be in while Bendis was still writing her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    i'm Hoping DC show some Love to Bumblebee and the Herald and i would love to see Empress aka Anite Fite in something soon.,
    Bumblebee and Mal now have a baby girl now.

Love to see a family of black supers.