5 7.25%
  • Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I've mentioned this in the Future State thread, but I wanna restate it here. Tim/Jace looks absolutely beautiful as Batman! This cover really showcases that superbly well, and I love it!

I'mma end up missing Jace's short-lived time as Batman, aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

I've mentioned this in the Future State thread, but I wanna restate it here. Tim/Jace looks absolutely beautiful as Batman! This cover really showcases that superbly well, and I love it!

Yep, and so will I, which is why I am still hoping for some imprints in the future for some of these Future State characters (with a happier flash family), I don't think dedicating 7 to 8 books to a Future State imprint should be a problem, especially while the books focusing on the main universe have 22 to 28 books which should be enough to maintain a 30 to 35 books a month limit.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

I like the little I've read. I'll be honest I was expecting to not care for it since it wasn't Luke but I was pleasantly surprised.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Default some more appreciation

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Default some family appreciation

currently following:

BANNED

Green Lantern/John Stewart Appreciation
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021

damn...
    I gotta read Strange Adventures, it seems like it's doing an interesting take on Mr. Terrific.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

damn...
    I gotta read Strange Adventures, it seems like it's doing an interesting take on Mr. Terrific.
    Gods, no. That sequence alone just reads like more of Tom King's patented (and oh, so very tired) edgelord wannabe "I served in Afghanistan and worked for the CIA so I only understand TRAUMA! as the only relevant facet of human existence" shtick. If you hired him to write a Bugs Bunny comic, he'd probably turn in some overwrought piece about Bugs' physical and psychological damage from being hunted over and over again by Elmer Fudd.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Gods, no. That sequence alone just reads like more of Tom King's patented (and oh, so very tired) edgelord wannabe "I served in Afghanistan and worked for the CIA so I only understand TRAUMA! as the only relevant facet of human existence" shtick. If you hired him to write a Bugs Bunny comic, he'd probably turn in some overwrought piece about Bugs' physical and psychological damage from being hunted over and over again by Elmer Fudd.
    to each their own, I guess. good thing I was only speaking for myself seeing as I'm the one who likes the sequence and am the person I said wants to read more of this take on the character. the presence of trauma isn't some great offense in my eyes, if that's his bag then that's his bag, exploring trauma makes perfect sense for Terrific imo.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-11-2021 at 06:23 PM.

currently following:

In the top I like them, here are my top five (as listed) -

Vixen
    Bumblebee
    Black Lightning
    Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm
    Black Manta
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    to each their own, I guess. good thing I was only speaking for myself seeing as I'm the one who likes the sequence and am the person I said wants to read more of this take on the character. the presence of trauma isn't some great offense in my eyes, if that's his bag then that's his bag, exploring trauma makes perfect sense for Terrific imo.
    Facts it works in context of the character & is find long as it’s not over done..

Green Lantern will be returning in April with Jon Stewart, Keli Quintela and Jo Mullein as the stars.

https://www.gamesradar.com/april-gre...t-and-new-gls/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Green Lantern will be returning in April with Jon Stewart, Keli Quintela and Jo Mullein as the stars.

https://www.gamesradar.com/april-gre...t-and-new-gls/

Green Lantern #1

Writer: Geoffrey Thorne
    Artist: Dexter Soy

Description:
    "The newly formed United Planets and the Guardians of the Universe hold an intergalactic summit to decide who can best serve and protect the cosmos from danger.

With the majority of Green Lanterns called back to Oa, John Stewart arrives alongside Teen Lantern Keli Quintela, whose powerful gauntlet could be one of the most powerful and unstable weapons in the universe. With the entire landscape of the universe in flux, is this the end of the Green Lantern Corps...or a new beginning?

As the new Green Lantern series progresses, Jo Mullein joins the Corps to find out why the Central Power Battery exploded. Jo and Keli are on the case—are they the World’s Finest Lanterns?? What will this dynamic duo uncover as they investigate!?"

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Who's the 3rd person in the bottom-most image, the one sitting next to John?