5 7.25%
  • Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

We still need to have Natasha Irons have her own codename.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    love the name Powerhouse! It's about time Tanya got a new name .
    It a great name.

I am so glad Tanya is back. DC needs to keep investing in these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Jess Chambers, the Flash in Justice League, black?
    They look black but I don’t think it’s been established if they are or not.

Ultimate Member

It's hard to tell with some of the artist and even colorist.

Take Baby Doomsday from Red Hood and Doomed.

I would think he was Arab in Doomed. Maybe Black in Teen Titans and not sure in Red Hood.

In his book he looked like Khalid (from Dr Fate last run) without hair.

Then again you got folk thinking Teen Lantern is black-while saying they will not touch the Green Lantern book with a black girl in it.

I think they're the Earth-11 version of Wallace, so...yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're the Earth-11 version of Wallace, so...yeah?
    are they supposed to be the Earth 11 Wallace? I mean it's the gender flip world, so i'd imagine Wallace's counterpart be biologically female even if they were to be gender non-binary. regardless, I did a quick google and it looks like they purposely left their origin open to be built later, so I don't think they have a particular race in mind for them (for now) besides "person of color". makes sense because if they were going for black they probably would've made their hairstyle a low cut, you know how much DC loves their low cuts and baldies.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    are they supposed to be the Earth 11 Wallace? I mean it's the gender flip world, so i'd imagine Wallace's counterpart be biologically female even if they were to be gender non-binary. regardless, I did a quick google and it looks like they purposely left their origin open to be built later, so I don't think they have a particular race in mind for them (for now) besides "person of color". makes sense because if they were going for black they probably would've made their hairstyle a low cut, you know how much DC loves their low cuts and baldies.
    It’s a bit more complex than just a simple gender flip. For example on E11 Jesse Quick is the major speedster, and FS Flash is her sidekick, Kid Quick. Some are just flat out gender flips though, hence the confusion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Baby Doomsday
    His name is Reiser. I've told you this before.

I forgot Jakeem Thunder was been in Future State: Teen Titans and Bratgirl is black too. also, Bolt is gonna be in Suicide Squad.

it looks like Jakeem was killed by Shazam in the time between the Titans and Shazam stories. smh they doing him and Wallace dirty with these unceremonious off-screen deaths.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

I forgot Jakeem Thunder was been in Future State: Teen Titans and Bratgirl is black too. also, Bolt is gonna be in Suicide Squad.

it looks like Jakeem was killed by Shazam in the time between the Titans and Shazam stories. smh they doing him and Wallace dirty with these unceremonious off-screen deaths.
    But that’s only a possible future like Days of Future Past. I wouldn’t worry about. Worry about if they are used in the present day stories or not.

I voted for Vixen, Black Lightning and Kaldur..

But that’s only a possible future like Days of Future Past. I wouldn’t worry about. Worry about if they are used in the present day stories or not.
    I'm not worried about that, I know the premise of what I'm reading, I'm disappointed with the creative choice. this is a peek into the future where we get to see these characters in new exciting context, and the best they could come up with these guys were "oh, yeah they got killed by someone off screen, but look at how cool beast boy looks wearing Cyborg. totally rad, right!?" c'mon bruh, they did them dirt.

Jakeem was JUST reintroduced, and they did it with hints of him possibly having a cool new way of using his powers, and it's kinda just wasted here for a twist. like at least pick characters that don't have anything going on. given where they were at the end of TT, Jakeem and Wallace should've at least been around to see how they'd grow and be updated; not pretty much unchanged and killed off. feels like a waste opportunity.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-19-2021 at 12:20 PM.

currently following:

Jeez, he's only just getting involved in the Titans franchise and they're already giving him the typical Titans death.

He should've stuck with the JSA.

spoilers:
    The Question said Shazam killed Jakeem but in this same issue was shown that he killed Johnny Thunder. Shazam killed them both or there is some kind of mistake by the writer?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drako; 01-19-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    spoilers:
    The Question said Shazam killed Jakeem but in this same issue was shown that he killed Johnny Thunder. Shazam killed them both or there is some kind of mistake by the writer?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    remember, Johnny is the Thunderbolt, and Shazam mentioned that it his host was corrupted. so it looks like he killed both: he killed Jakeem, covered it up by trapping Johnny/the Thunderbolt for a time, then killed him in this the issue.
    end of spoilers

currently following: