5 7.25%
  • Mr. Terrific

24 34.78%
  • Other (No Hall of Famers)

18 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Really excited for Nubia’s new upcoming title! I Just wonder how did she get to the island if she’s the long lost princess?
    who says she's the long lost princess? Nubia hasn't been in continuity in decades, she doesn't have an contemporary backstory yet iirc
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    who says she's the long lost princess? Nubia hasn't been in continuity in decades, she doesn't have an contemporary backstory yet iirc
    Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman's Nubia backup story. Since Future State is the possible future of the current DC Infinite Frontier main continuity, it stands to reason that that is her current backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman's Nubia backup story. Since Future State is the possible future of the current DC Infinite Frontier main continuity, it stands to reason that that is her current backstory.
    in that story she's not really "long lost". it's stated she left Themyscira and stayed in the world to protect man's world after the other Amazons were recalled; meaning she was on Themyscira before Future State. they even make numerous references to her still smelling of the island and it's magic. there isn't any reall indication in the story that she's been anywhere else.

Nubia doesn't have an actual backstory, as of yet, beyond Amazon princess and Diana's sister.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Wallace West by @jahnoyl

currently following:

in that story she's not really "long lost". it's stated she left Themyscira and stayed in the world to protect man's world after the other Amazons were recalled; meaning she was on Themyscira before Future State. they even make numerous references to her still smelling of the island and it's magic. there isn't any reall indication in the story that she's been anywhere else.

Nubia doesn't have an actual backstory, as of yet, beyond Amazon princess and Diana's sister.
    Yeah, because she was long lost before she returned to Themyscira.

Her current backstory is that she's the daughter of Hippolyta and the biological sister of Diana. For the longest time she was neither.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Wallace West by @jahnoyl
    Jahnoyl is one of my favorites. The dude can do no wrong!

Astonishing Member

Love the rendition of Wallace/Kid Flash!

In other Wallace news, not liking them trying to bring Avery Ho into a Love Triangle with Wallace. :/ Goes to show that they're not bothering to really factor Avery's history; it's frustrating when writers treat character they're not familiar with as, especially newer ones who they don't think have a history, as if they're functionally new characters who don't have a history. Avery does, and it's in large part with Kong Kenan and the Justice League of China.

Didnt circe call her that in future state immortal Wonder Woman? That’s where it says it.

Actually she came to island some time after the present day. I don’t see her being called the “lost princess” and she also seem to have had a relationship with diana in her past during this time period in her story. Remember it’s set in 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, because she was long lost before she returned to Themyscira.

Her current backstory is that she's the daughter of Hippolyta and the biological sister of Diana. For the longest time she was neither.
    I went back and read it, it looks like you guys are right, it seems she was off of Themyscira. however, based on the wording and the promo, it sounds less like she was "long lost" and more like she was sent to obsserve and grow in man's world by Hippolyta. circe mentioned she was abandoned and forgot (likely embellishing to taunt her) and the promo said she spent her formative years observing mortals.

mind you, as Game of Thrones taught us, allusion and foreshadowing is not story. so I still maintain she doesn't have a back story until they commit and establish it with an actual story.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-21-2021 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added picture

currently following:

I had a commission of Anansi the Spider, done by an artist by the name of Agustin Arias(@Nubby_art)

here are some of the sketches:

and here's the final product

currently following:

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/MidniteLibrary/s...94159976603648

From former writer of Static Sean McKeever

Fun fact: Despite Dwayne McDuffie having final approval on my dialogue and knowing that Virgil was nerdy, I was literally yelled at for not writing Static "street enough."

Fun fact: I was shouted at that how I didn't write Static "street enough" could tank the entire Milestone deal.
    Other note

reading the bits about static and everything else reminding me of how DC treated mcduffie himself on justice league, then booted him for (politely) explaining on a forum what decisions were his and what weren't, and the industry at large only now lauds him

I still remember asking him on a forum if he even liked writing Justice League and him saying "No, I don't." : (
    Yet that book still SOLD despite that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MidniteLibrary/s...94159976603648

From former writer of Static Sean McKeever

Other note

Yet that book still SOLD despite that.
    Where are those quotes from? They're not in the tweet you linked?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where are those quotes from? They're not in the tweet you linked?
    https://twitter.com/seankmckeever/st...52978362155011

Try this one.

Astonishing Member

Just read the twitter thread.

A bit tangential to this thread, but I read somewhere years back about the whole Kid Devil/Red Devil thing. (I was always intrigued by the character, one of the handful of faves of mine that didn't debut in the 2010s onward.) How the depowered Eddie Bloomberg's heroic sacrifice was supposed to be part of a larger storyline and point of focus for him that would eventually see him return with his powers, but that the higher ups at the time just had him die without the rest of his story taking place. (So Eddie just went through a humiliation conga line of getting depowered, getting devalued by his so-called team/friends, and dying, for no reason beyond a shaggy dog story for a character the higher ups at the time couldn't care less for.)