Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I'm honestly expecting Blue Marvel and Night Thrasher. Also, we can rule out both Beast and Moondragon, they're busy in X-Force and Guardians respectively.
    I hadn't thought about that Digifiend. That the 'choices' represented on the cover/cards, may not be all that is considered.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Gonna have to add another pull! For Namor!
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    BTW, thank you for thanking me for my observations.

Your best call could be Red Guardian as the Hermit, but I could see Empress too, in a way. Those Justice/Hanged Man placements could work too.

2, High Priestess and Red She Hulk, I'm out of my depth on that one, friend, as I don't know this character very much. But the High Priestess is the person who sits over Wisdom. Sort of secret; in charge of who gets to know kinda thing. Damon as "the Devil, 15, is fine, Devil is about our own enslavement to whatever holds us back, creates our own limitations; addcitions, obsessions etc. Hulk 16, The Tower. The tower is the biggest lesson you need to learn. The fall from grace. The lesson that is very bad, but you should learn from it. The Moon can be deceptions, deceit. Slander, lies, also obsession, but possibily more about romance.. The Surfer as Judgement - well he decided the fate of worlds, but the card is about realizing your true spiritual nature, and being reborn.
    You are most welcome, friend!

I find the Tarot/Defenders thing very intriguing. I am only guessing as to whom and what number they could be, but the writers probably have different characters in mind.

Interesting that the Moon (Moondragon) is about deceptions, deceit, slander lies, obsession and romance. That all fits Heather, just as the Surfer and Judgement seems to fit Norrin.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I hadn't thought about that Digifiend. That the 'choices' represented on the cover/cards, may not be all that is considered.
    I was thinking about Marvel #1000 and Incoming. IIRC, it was Adam, Thrash, plus Jimmy Woo, following leads from Masked Raider. Sunspot would've been there too if not for Hickman calling dibs on the entire X franchise (which is why Roberto and Rogue went from being Avengers leaders to being off the team entirely after No Surrender).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

A NEW DEFENDERS SERIES???? already adding this to my line up!!! I cannot wait to see a new era of Defenders adventures and if the preview is anything to go by then it looks like a lot of people will be coming back or at least making apperances on the team!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A NEW DEFENDERS SERIES???? already adding this to my line up!!! I cannot wait to see a new era of Defenders adventures and if the preview is anything to go by then it looks like a lot of people will be coming back or at least making apperances on the team!
    I love the excitment we all have for a new Defenders book! Yay Defenders!

So glad Marvel did not let the 50th year Anniversary of Defenders go by without something great like a new series!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Betty was in charge of the Brotherhood of Shield of the time, so secret wisdom would fit very well with that.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Betty was in charge of the Brotherhood of Shield of the time, so secret wisdom would fit very well with that.
    What is the Brotherhood of Shield of the Time? Is that something Ewing is doing?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I am 'our' Tarot reader, why thank you. Let me take a look.
    Yay!!
    Yes, I'm presumptuously claiming you as our Tarot reader. And THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge.

Pretty and interesting to me. I think Reviresco got most of them right. Moondragon is Arcane XVII, The Moon. The Beast is XVIII, the Sun. I'm not familiar with more recent team configurations so I didn't know Red She-Hulk was on one. II is the High Priestess. It is interesting to note VI, The Lovers, with 'Cloud' the trans sort of character as a duo? Noting clouds too. And The Surfer is XX Judgement
    Ah, the Moon and the Sun. Got it. I was confused by the same symbol used for each of them, but that actually makes sense. Why do you think Beast is the Sun? Does that card represent intellect?

Surfer as Judgement is perfect! Of course, he isn't a Herald making judgement anymore, but it still fits a core characteristic to me.

I don't know enough about Betty / Red She Hulk or the High Priestess card to grok that.

Yes! I picked up on that for Cloud. Such an interesting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi Oberon. Thanks for interpreting these tarot.

Would Valkyrie represent Death?

XIII is indeed Death. I may be missing something? or the dual nature thing?
    Death is another perfect choice, IMO. Valkyrie's original 'job' being a Chooser of the Slain. But the Death card has another meaning, doesn't it?

That would be interesting. Or a recurring character in that vein. Also Son of Satan in the upper left, is XV, which is The Devil. But no love for Hellcat?

what number would she be? Probably not one of of these, the Major Arcana. I think of Queen of Wands, because most versions have the little black cat sitting by the Queen.
    I don't think Chris Cantwell is going to give up Hellcat for his Iron Man book. I'm not sure which card would be hers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, we can rule out both Beast and Moondragon, they're busy in X-Force and Guardians respectively.
    Given the Defenders history as a "non team", with a rotating cast of members who come and go as needed, I don't think them being in other books rules them out at all. They could show up for a few issues and then go back to their regular teams. It would hardly be the first time we've seen characters serving on more than one team at the same time.

It is worth noting that most of these characters are not shown in their current looks on that cover. Namor, Moondragon and Hellstrom are all in older costumes rather than their current outfits. The Surfer is silver rather than black. Beast looks more like his old pre-secondary mutation form. The Valkyrie shown appears to be the deceased Brunhilde rather than any of the current Valkyries. Its possible there might be some aspect of time displacement involved here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yay!!

Death is another perfect choice, IMO. Valkyrie's original 'job' being a Chooser of the Slain. But the Death card has another meaning, doesn't it?
    Quick search on a handful of sites and this seems to be the general, simplified explanation: "The Death Tarot Card usually signifies spiritual transformation and a time of change and new beginnings, not actual death!" So if this is applied to the cover, it could indicate that Brunnhilde is likely not the Valkyrie who will appear in the book, at least that's my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Given the Defenders history as a "non team", with a rotating cast of members who come and go as needed, I don't think them being in other books rules them out at all. They could show up for a few issues and then go back to their regular teams. It would hardly be the first time we've seen characters serving on more than one team at the same time.

It is worth noting that most of these characters are not shown in their current looks on that cover. Namor, Moondragon and Hellstrom are all in older costumes rather than their current outfits. The Surfer is silver rather than black. Beast looks more like his old pre-secondary mutation form. The Valkyrie shown appears to be the deceased Brunhilde rather than any of the current Valkyries. Its possible there might be some aspect of time displacement involved here.
    I wouldn't mind at all if this was some sort of "Defenders Forever."

I want the real Kyle back.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are most welcome, friend!

I find the Tarot/Defenders thing very intriguing. I am only guessing as to whom and what number they could be, but the writers probably have different characters in mind.

Interesting that the Moon (Moondragon) is about deceptions, deceit, slander lies, obsession and romance. That all fits Heather, just as the Surfer and Judgement seems to fit Norrin.
    Someone must have a feel for cards.

but, beyond that, is the idea of archetypes, and superheroes especially play well to that. Tarot is just a system to show this in our lives.
    ~ Oberon ~

Thanks for that. I like the idea of Red She Hulk who is a harpy too, though I've not seen this. Can sum up Betty's path to Harpy?
    ~ Oberon ~