Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Just for fun a few defenders covers.

Cap was in the defenders pre secret defenders? Didn't know that.

[IMG][/IMG]

ms marvel also.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Just for fun a few defenders covers.

Cap was in the defenders pre secret defenders? Didn't know that.

[IMG][/IMG]

ms marvel also.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Yeah, Cap was in a few issues.

I like that Ms Marvel was included early on in the Defeneders and I liked that story.

Wasp and Moondragon were present for a few issues and it was fun to see them with Val and Patsy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Dr strange
    Beast
    valkyrie
    Captain america
    Daredevil
    Hellcat

That's kind of neat short lived defenders team.

Here is the members list from marvels website. It's missing 70% of the members including howard the duck, defenders for a day members, black panther, captain america, mr fantastic, wasp, ms marvel and tons of others!

https://www.marvel.com/teams-and-gro...ders/in-comics

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Being a member, who regularly appears is different than one issue "I helped you move a couch" hero friend who pops in for one case.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Allegedly, Marvel Feature #1 came out today (July 20, 2021) so of course, I had to re-read the first official Defenders appearance.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

One of the variants for Al Ewing and Javier Rodriguez' Defenders mini-series. Art by George Perez.

https://twitter.com/dano_cosmic/stat...832074248?s=20

Apparently it is a recolored version of the old FOOM issue spotlighting the Defenders.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Somehow missed this early preview of the new Defenders book. It looks like the Tarot IS going to play a role. Nice!

An interesting bit from Ewing:

"I think what draws people back to the Defenders is that you never quite get the same thing twice. The Defenders have absolute freedom to get strange - when you pick up a Defenders comic, you shouldn't know what to expect, and usually, you don't," Ewing told SYFY WIRE when asked about what draws him to the team. "Even in-world, they function as a kind of countercultural happening in the uptight Marvel universe - more like a commune than a team, and maybe that's why the classic line is that they're a 'non-team.'

More images and an interview with Al Ewing here:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...ers-first-look

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Allegedly, Marvel Feature #1 came out today (July 20, 2021) so of course, I had to re-read the first official Defenders appearance.
    I think you meant it came out July 20, 1971? (Or do you mean a new Marvel Feature story?) So 50 years! You go Defenders!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    One of the variants for Al Ewing and Javier Rodriguez' Defenders mini-series. Art by George Perez.

https://twitter.com/dano_cosmic/stat...832074248?s=20

Apparently it is a recolored version of the old FOOM issue spotlighting the Defenders.

I just love all of these pics! So well done. I especially love that Val one in her white and gold costume! But I do not remember that pose---I wonder if it was a new pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I just love all of these pics! So well done. I especially love that Val one in her white and gold costume! But I do not remember that pose---I wonder if it was a new pic?
    I think it's was a new pic at the time. George Perez did each of these character panels and I honestly don't remember him ever doing a Defenders book. I think this was just for the cover.

There's someone on ********* that has made t-shirts of some of these panels. I, of course, have the Namor panel on a t-shirt.

This is one of my favorite covers as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This is one of my favorite covers as a kid.

I like those rare covers where the team appears to be viewing the plight of one of its members!

The artwork was so great on that issue.

And after battling the robot Zodiack in last issues 50th spectacular issue, everyone, including the formerly captive Nighthawk sure needed a rest, not the villainy of the Ringer!

I loved this era of them, the best. I loved the one with MoonDragon and Wasp on the cover. It was a fairly current variant costume of Jan's, so kudos on that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all