Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Good to see you Phoenixx9!

Yes, indeed! I'm sure it will be beautiful! And of course, it is the early, beginning issues.
    And you know how much I Love those early issues!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

When is the new series supposed to launch?

Any thoughts/consensus on the co-opting of the DEFENDERS brand for the Luke Cage etc street level heroes of the Netflixverse and the print version it inspired?
    As with the Cage led MIGHT AVENGERS volume, I wish the CHAMPIONS brand had been legally clear for use (or was it still even tied up at the time?)

And then there was the FEARLESS DEFENDERS, which was mis-branding if I ever saw it...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Fearless Defenders was indeed a mis-branding, like the Netflix heroes being allowed to usurp it, but Fearless Defenders was an enjoyable book. If you like strong women this book had it in spades. At the time I kept hoping that Alejandra Blaze(female Ghost Rider) would land there after her short series ended. She did not.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a fan of both redressing of the concept/brand name. Same way I absolutely abhor the robbing of the Champions name (whose original series is still, decades later, one of my all-time favorite Marvel books and teams). Cage's Defenders was clearly Marvel Knights (a brand name unexplicably forgotten by Marvel), and Fearless Defenders should have been named THe New Valkyries or some such. Both were valid concepts, however, after an initial boost, I think the misrepresentation hurt them more then helped. Defender should always be Marvel's big guns non-team (and it's so much fun to decide what exactly that means).

Peace

Astonishing Member

Defenders in name only just isn't THE Defenders, so those series didn't interest me whatsoever. I think around the time of the first Marvel Knights books when Kevin Smith was writing Daredevil, Jim Lee proposed a Defenders book that would have included some/most of the iconic team and added Ghost Rider (who would go much better with that team than with the Avengers -- though I did like him as a Champion -- since that book was a team of misfits.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I haven't see anything since that wonderful cover! Not even the creative team. Has anyone else seen any news on twitter or any place?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Any thoughts/consensus on the co-opting of the DEFENDERS brand for the Luke Cage etc street level heroes of the Netflixverse and the print version it inspired?
    As with the Cage led MIGHT AVENGERS volume, I wish the CHAMPIONS brand had been legally clear for use (or was it still even tied up at the time?)

And then there was the FEARLESS DEFENDERS, which was mis-branding if I ever saw it...

TBH, I just can't see the Netflix Defenders as THE Defenders. That said, the thread IS inclusive.

Fearless Defenders at least had Val, who is an iconic Defender and dealt with some supernatural stuff, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Not a fan of both redressing of the concept/brand name. Same way I absolutely abhor the robbing of the Champions name (whose original series is still, decades later, one of my all-time favorite Marvel books and teams). Cage's Defenders was clearly Marvel Knights (a brand name unexplicably forgotten by Marvel), and Fearless Defenders should have been named THe New Valkyries or some such. Both were valid concepts, however, after an initial boost, I think the misrepresentation hurt them more then helped. Defender should always be Marvel's big guns non-team (and it's so much fun to decide what exactly that means).

Peace
    This is part of my issue with the rebranding of the Netflix team. They had TWO perfectly appropriate names for this team -- either Marvel Knights or Heroes for Hire -- and instead they took another distinctive team's name.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    So far the only news we have is that it will be released in Summer 2021, they haven't even said which creative team is on the book yet.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

This is part of my issue with the rebranding of the Netflix team. They had TWO perfectly appropriate names for this team -- either Marvel Knights or Heroes for Hire -- and instead they took another distinctive team's name.
    Agree. Heroes for hire or marvel knights were better choices. Why use the name of a team that fights magic, demons and aliens with heavy hitters like hulk and surfer and use it on a street level team?

Plus many of the ones on the netflix show were in heroes for hire anyways so that name would have worked great.

Waiting for the new series...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Waiting for the new series...
    Yes indeed.

I ordered my Omnibus Vol 1!

I Hope they do the entire original series over 4 Omnibus volumes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hopefully, it will appear in the August solicits...
    Fingers crossed.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Marvel revives the Defenders for a "cosmos-colliding journey" from Al Ewing & Javier Rodríguez

"When existence itself faces extraordinary threats, it needs an extraordinary defense! That's when you call...the Defenders!" reads Marvel's description of Defenders #1. "Doctor Strange and the Masked Raider take a non-team of Marvel's weirdest, wildest heroes on a mission that will uncover the hidden architecture of reality itself!

"This cosmos was not the first to exist...but if the Defenders can't track Marvel's oldest villain through the deepest trenches of time — it might be the last!"

I have no doubt that this will be great which makes me even more disappointed that it's just a 5 issue mini. Damn you Marvel!!