Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'd like to see him in a team book - I think that's the best place for him right now (there are plenty of solo title Spider books). Something akin to DC's Titans (do the New Warriors still exist? Can we bring them back?) might work - there are oh so many legacy heroes that you could put together a pretty good team with some subset of Amadeus Cho/She-Hulk, Ben, Valkyrie, War Machine/Riri, etc. as a differently-oriented Avengers team
    This is my choice as well.A team book is what I want for him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    I would love to see a Scarlet Spiders road trip book with Ben and Kaine as equal leads. It would be the story of estranged brothers learning to coexist and getting to know one another. Ben and Kaine have a long history but to my knowledge haven't had a proper reconcilation or even a real conversation about their lives post Clone Saga.

I think a road trip book with them stuck together would be a cool twist on how they started out. I think Kaine likely regrets who he was under the effects of degeneration and Parkers are accepting of redemption. I think there is a ton of untapped potential between these two, right down to the name Scarlet Spider. Something Ben shunned but Kaine embraced and leaned into
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'd like to see him in a team book - I think that's the best place for him right now (there are plenty of solo title Spider books). Something akin to DC's Titans (do the New Warriors still exist? Can we bring them back?) might work - there are oh so many legacy heroes that you could put together a pretty good team with some subset of Amadeus Cho/She-Hulk, Ben, Valkyrie, War Machine/Riri, etc. as a differently-oriented Avengers team
    Yeah, those would both be good ideas, and Ben did join the original New Warriors back in the 90s, with Kaine joining a later incarnation as his version of the Scarlet Spider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    How come no one has posted this yet? The second variant cover in particular is cool as it references a lot of stories and enemies unique to Ben (Spider-Carnage, Looter with his meteorite, Joystick, Stunner, Lady Ock, 90s Jackal of course, etc.).

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-ben-reill...pider-carnage/

Attachment 115511
    OMG OMG! They're all coming back!! A blast from the 90's!
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

I just read ‘What If…’ #30 from 1991; ‘What if the Spider-Clone had lived?’ It’s actually a really fun story. I like the conceit of the clone being 3 years younger physically, but I guess that wouldn’t work for the 90s clone saga as then it’d be obvious who was the real Peter Parker. Anyway, it’s on comixology. I recommend it for all clone saga fans, as it’s an interesting alternate take on what could’ve happened. And a really cool ending to boot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I want one of three things for Ben after the 'Beyond Saga' concludes. I'm optimistic he survives the ordeal because lets face it "killing him" at this point would be pointless. How many times was it stated he's died and been resurrected? The pointless "final" death if they went that route wouldn't be taken serious cause here we are with Ben in print after he was reduced to a pile of ash, ASH at the conclusion of 90s Clone Saga.

1. Ben in another major city as Spider-man, I'll even take Scarlet Spider. With Janine along as well(provided she isn't corrupt by Beyond story's end)
    2. Ben as a traveling hero. Like how 70s Ghost Rider was done.
    3. Ben on a meaningful team with regular publishing. A resurrection of a strong New Warriors lineup suits me just fine.

Two of these could even co-exist.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I want one of three things for Ben after the 'Beyond Saga' concludes. I'm optimistic he survives the ordeal because lets face it "killing him" at this point would be pointless. How many times was it stated he's died and been resurrected? The pointless "final" death if they went that route wouldn't be taken serious cause here we are with Ben in print after he was reduced to a pile of ash, ASH at the conclusion of 90s Clone Saga.

1. Ben in another major city as Spider-man, I'll even take Scarlet Spider. With Janine along as well(provided she isn't corrupt by Beyond story's end)
    3. Ben on a meaningful team with regular publishing. A resurrection of a strong New Warriors lineup suits me just fine.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m a bit burnt out on Ben… at least modern-day Ben. When he’s not portrayed as evil or Deadpool-Lite like in CC/PAD’s run, he’s depicted as boring/generic/inexperienced which is happening a bit in Beyond. So I’ll give a new Ben book a shot, but the writing needs to be good and interesting. I waited 20 years for him to come back and now sometimes I wish he hadn’t as his legacy as a tragic hero cast a more interesting shadow over the books (and characters like Kaine) than what they’ve done with him since CC. There have been some good Ben moments since he’s come back, but not enough to warrant a drastic change in his status quo. Anyway I’m looking forward to JMD’s untold tales mini about Ben. I have a feeling that will be great at least.

1 and 3 could definitely coexist. 2 would be a somewhat harder sell with 3, as a team needs a steady base of operations, unless they just do like the last New Warriors series by Chris Yost and have a base that can teleport them anywhere in the world. Another idea with 2 would be that he starts tracking down all the surviving "reanimates" he was responsible for during The Clone Conspiracy, mainly going after the ones that reverted to criminality and are (or may be) endangering innocent lives. My big hope for Spider-Man Beyond, before we get to its end, is to bring back Kaine as the Scarlet Spider and have him react to Ben's new status, serving as an externalization of his lingering guilty conscience for his actions in The Clone Conspiracy.

I'd also be okay with any of these, but I'd also add a fourth option: a Spider-Man Team-up book that strictly focuses on the relationship between Peter and Ben. I think, as a satellite title, it could be a real winner.

-Pav, who wonders what we'll get...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I never thought I’d say this, but I’m a bit burnt out on Ben… at least modern-day Ben. When he’s not portrayed as evil or Deadpool-Lite like in CC/PAD’s run, he’s depicted as boring/generic/inexperienced which is happening a bit in Beyond. So I’ll give a new Ben book a shot, but the writing needs to be good and interesting. I waited 20 years for him to come back and now sometimes I wish he hadn’t as his legacy as a tragic hero cast a more interesting shadow over the books (and characters like Kaine) than what they’ve done with him since CC. There have been some good Ben moments since he’s come back, but not enough to warrant a drastic change in his status quo. Anyway I’m looking forward to JMD’s untold tales mini about Ben. I have a feeling that will be great at least.
    Unfortunately cosigned

Also I have a feeling Ben may get trapped on the other side of Door Z and maybe we'll get something from that

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Unfortunately cosigned

Also I have a feeling Ben may get trapped on the other side of Door Z and maybe we'll get something from that
    New Nextwave ongoing with Ben as a member possibly? Been thinking about it a bit and this seems like the most likely option in my head not gonna lie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    New Nextwave ongoing with Ben as a member possibly? Been thinking about it a bit and this seems like the most likely option in my head not gonna lie.
    Could work.Ben and Misty are in friends territory now so you'll have Misty and Colleen join in as well.W/ Monica in the MCU and the time spent on ASM by Beyond and Ben they will have the star power enough tune in to the first issue or a few and hopefully it's enough to get people hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could work.Ben and Misty are in friends territory now so you'll have Misty and Colleen join in as well.W/ Monica in the MCU and the time spent on ASM by Beyond and Ben they will have the star power enough tune in to the first issue or a few and hopefully it's enough to get people hooked.
    Well, I loved the original Nextwave, so it'd be interesting to see how they revamp the team/concept for the 616. Would it still be outrageous and weird and goofy? Or would it be a more serious take? Regardless, putting Ben on a "brand new" team with some other characters gaining in popularity would be great.

-Pav, who would be sad if Ben went back into obscurity...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

A new Nextwave book with Ben, Misty, Colleen, and Monica --- along with a few other Beyond recruits, maybe --- could be an interesting read. I'd definitely tune in for that, and like Pav, I'd also hate to see Ben go back to obscurity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A new Nextwave book with Ben, Misty, Colleen, and Monica --- along with a few other Beyond recruits, maybe --- could be an interesting read. I'd definitely tune in for that, and like Pav, I'd also hate to see Ben go back to obscurity.
    Or (gasp) to the grave. At this point I'd be content if they at leat don't kill him.
    I need the April solicitations already

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Or (gasp) to the grave. At this point I'd be content if they at leat don't kill him.
    I need the April solicitations already
    March ones could tell us where this is headed but Yeah April solicits will be where it's at.
    Although if he's not dead I'm not sure if his next thing would pick up right after but here's hoping.

And Peter's 60th and new creative team is something I can't wait for.