Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    "Dan Slott" no thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    "Dan Slott" no thanks.
    I wish Beyond would kill him, it's better than being written by Dan Slott.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    You’d rather Beyond kill Ben than him appearing as a peripheral character in one tie-in written by Slott? That sounds a bit extreme.

Anyway, this issue will challenge me as Ben Reilly completist, as I’m also not a fan of Slott or what he did to Ben in ‘Clone Conspiracy.’ I do have a slight morbid curiosity about how he handles this version of Ben. The guy probably will make some forced reference to CC… he can’t help himself. It’s taken 5 years to unwind some of the damage Slott did to him and it could’ve been even worse… I remember when Ben first came back, Slott was claiming in interviews that Ben was supposed to be the Jackal during ‘Spider Island.’ I’m glad that idea was dropped pretty quickly and never established in-story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You’d rather Beyond kill Ben than him appearing as a peripheral character in one tie-in written by Slott? That sounds a bit extreme.

Anyway, this issue will challenge me as Ben Reilly completist, as I’m also not a fan of Slott or what he did to Ben in ‘Clone Conspiracy.’ I do have a slight morbid curiosity about how he handles this version of Ben. The guy probably will make some forced reference to CC… he can’t help himself. It’s taken 5 years to unwind some of the damage Slott did to him and it could’ve been even worse… I remember when Ben first came back, Slott was claiming in interviews that Ben was supposed to be the Jackal during ‘Spider Island.’ I’m glad that idea was dropped pretty quickly and never established in-story.
    I'll do what I did with Empyre, even if that was cowritten with Al Ewing . . . read only the issues I know Spider-Man (Ben instead of Peter, in this case) appears in, then any of the others I might need for a fuller grasp of the plot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

YouÂ’d rather Beyond kill Ben than him appearing as a peripheral character in one tie-in written by Slott? That sounds a bit extreme.
    Is it extreme though? Ben isnt real his death isn't a big deal. He can always come back and without Dan Slott it would probably be better written and less dumb then Miles Warren in full lab coat regalia being on the rooftop and scooping some Ben goop up.

Bad stories though? They never go away. Gwen Stacey's O-Face will always be a part of Spider-Man lore.

I don't think highly of Dan Slott in any capacity. But his ability to severely damage a character in a relatively small number of panels demands respect.

Astonishing Member

Is it extreme though? Ben isnt real his death isn't a big deal. He can always come back and without Dan Slott it would probably be better written and less dumb then Miles Warren in full lab coat regalia being on the rooftop and scooping some Ben goop up.

Bad stories though? They never go away. Gwen Stacey's O-Face will always be a part of Spider-Man lore.

I don't think highly of Dan Slott in any capacity. But his ability to severely damage a character in a relatively small number of panels demands respect.
    Hey, if Peter is still viable after being written by Slott for years, Ben can survive a few panels. He'll be there just for the opening scene (obligatory rescue of some civilian in an alien invasion setting)

Extraordinary Member

All fun and games until they announce Slott is writing his solo

I'd rather they keep him way from everything Spider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Hey, if Peter is still viable after being written by Slott for years, Ben can survive a few panels. He'll be there just for the opening scene (obligatory rescue of some civilian in an alien invasion setting)

Hahah I dunno man. Franklin Richards made it like one issue and now he's not a mutant and whatever interesting story Hickman might have used him in got flushed.

I do know Ben will be fine and I won't read this, was just going for a little of the old exaggeration to express my dislike of the guy. True story, but he made me 40 minutes late for dinner at an NYCC. That didn't make me dislike him, that was his writing. But I can't lie when I say that reading his awful books makes me think back to that night where I had been walking around a convention all day had low blood sugar and instead of meeting my friends for dinner had to awkwardly stand with two or three other people and listen to Dan Slott pitch his thing wedding story where someone was mailing Alicia Masters fingers to him or some stupid ****. I wish I had known then what I know now so I could have rudely walked away in the middle of his story

Incredible Member

I'm glad Ben is apparently getting another solo but having Spider-Man be part of the title won't get it too far past 24 issues.

I'm glad he's getting the opportunity to be Spider-Man again in beyond but I think most people know him as the Scarlet Spider first and then the replacement Spider-man

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Don't exaggerate that either, I know that most people here don't have good memories of Dan Slott, but it's not that big of a deal, at least Ben will be in a couple of panels interacting with the other characters and trying to rescue some civilians, at least that's what you'd expect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Don't exaggerate that either, I know that most people here don't have good memories of Dan Slott, but it's not that big of a deal, at least Ben will be in a couple of panels interacting with the other characters and trying to rescue some civilians, at least that's what you'd expect.
    FANTASIC FOUR: RECKONING WAY #1, Page 6:

PANEL 1: SPIDER-MAN swings into view: “Hi Fantastic Fam… I heard things were crazy town banana pants down in this hizzy… so I’ve come to help!”

PANEL 2: JOHNNY looking up at Spidey: “Groovey, my dudey! Let’s start punching baddies!”

PANEL 3: Close-up on SPIDER-MAN Inner-Monologue: Fools… they don’t suspect I’m the ultimate baddie! I’m still the Jackal. And always have been. Now it’s time at last to reveal myself!

PANEL 4: SPIDER-MAN pulls off mask to reveal a JACKAL ANUBIS mask.

PANEL 5: THING looks up in shock: “Whatta revoltin’ development! Oh well… it’s clobberin’ time!!”
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 12-30-2021 at 09:53 PM.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

FANTASIC FOUR: RECKONING WAY #1, Page 6:

PANEL 1: SPIDER-MAN swings into view: “Hi Fantastic Fam… I heard things were crazy town banana pants down in this hizzy… so I’ve come to help!”

PANEL 2: JOHNNY looking up at Spidey: “Groovey, my dudey! Let’s start punching baddies!”

PANEL 3: Close-up on SPIDER-MAN Inner-Monologue: Fools… they don’t suspect I’m the ultimate baddie! I’m still the Jackal. And always have been. Now it’s time at last to reveal myself!

PANEL 4: SPIDER-MAN pulls off mask to reveal a JACKAL ANUBIS mask.

PANEL 5: THING looks up in shock: “Whatta revoltin’ development! Oh well… it’s clobberin’ time!!”
    Good mini-parody, how much do we bet it won't be as terrible as most people imagine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Good mini-parody, how much do we bet it won't be as terrible as most people imagine?
    It certainly won't be THAT bad y'know, this is my process to work through ongoing trauma of having read several issues of Superior Spider-Man and Clone Conspiracy. When I see him on something, I think back on character obliterating and shocking, divisive and frankly immoral things he's done to the Spider characters like making Peter a fan of Community and wish for a better and more positive fate for the characters.

My Spider-Man, whose married to MJ, has Johnny Storms' HBO login and watches Curb.
    Last edited by MisterC; 12-30-2021 at 10:29 PM.