Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Same here. But I think that since Mayday, Peters daughter from the future, these days is heavily tied to that suit. When people see if, they probably think of her first since more of her with it has been published than Ben.
    Fair enough, yeah. I guess that's why Ben had to get an updated costume for Spider-Man Beyond.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Is Ben a genius?
    I know he's smart but is he parker levels Smart

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is Ben a genius?
    I know he's smart but is he parker levels Smart
    He's essentially Peter, just with diverging experiences since "their" early twenties.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    He's essentially Peter, just with diverging experiences since "their" early twenties.
    So not as smart since Peter went on to do a lot of science and Ben didn't?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So not as smart since Peter went on to do a lot of science and Ben didn't?
    As a matter of fact, you can't get smarter once you reach adulthood... those brain training apps? Scientific evidence shows they don't work at all. You don't get smarter by understanding advanced physics, you understand advanced physics because you are smart (and work really hard).

What you can do is expand your knowledge, learn new stuff, techniques and so on, so in that sense Peter would have an advantage. Having said that, from the very beginning writers wanted readers to infer Ben was somewhat smarter by showing him inventing stuff like impact webbing or stingers. His very moral code was also supposed to be better. I loved Ben, but it was pretty annoying realising how Marvel wanted to show how great he was and how pathetic Peter had become.

What exactly are the personality differences between "Ben" and Peter, because I still see no appreciable difference. Kaine was willing to maim and kill, of course.
    so many people seem to be so fascinated with Ben functioning as a "twin" brother, but there's not a twin alive who has the exact note-for-note, intimacy-for-intimacy experiences as the other.. "Ben" has only had a 'separate' life for what, roughly 7 years in-universe?
    And is this the, ahem, "original" Ben who disappeared into dust at the (belabored) end of the first clone saga? Or is this someone "else"?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 08-02-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What exactly are the personality differences between "Ben" and Peter, because I still see no appreciable difference. Kaine was willing to maim and kill, of course.
    so many people seem to be so fascinated with Ben functioning as a "twin" brother, but there's not a twin alive who has the exact note-for-note, intimacy-for-intimacy experiences as the other.. "Ben" has only had a 'separate' life for what, roughly 7 years in-universe?
    And is this the, ahem, "original" Ben who disappeared into dust at the (belabored) end of the first clone saga? Or is this someone "else"?
    I would argue the major thematic message of the 90s Clone Saga is that Ben and Peter AREN'T different in any distinguishable way.

Ben's "loner on the road" stage and his "blonde Daily Grind stage" say to me that while circumstances may have affected Ben, his core personality never differentiated itself away from being Peter Parker. In fact, it's when Ben first begins to accept his Peteriness that he names himself after Ben and May. So the name doesn't signify difference from Peter as it signifies similarity.

There just can't be two Peters.

Unless it's an issue of What If...?

-Pav, who looks forward to the next chapter...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

As a matter of fact, you can't get smarter once you reach adulthood... those brain training apps? Scientific evidence shows they don't work at all. You don't get smarter by understanding advanced physics, you understand advanced physics because you are smart (and work really hard).

What you can do is expand your knowledge, learn new stuff, techniques and so on, so in that sense Peter would have an advantage. Having said that, from the very beginning writers wanted readers to infer Ben was somewhat smarter by showing him inventing stuff like impact webbing or stingers. His very moral code was also supposed to be better. I loved Ben, but it was pretty annoying realising how Marvel wanted to show how great he was and how pathetic Peter had become.
    Not necessarily smarter, but not having had to spend most of his free time crimefighting, just drifting around the country trying to figure out who he was and who he wanted to be, gave him more time to tinker with the classic Spider-Man arsenal and make some innovations and improvements. Hell, as of the Big Time era and even going into Parker Industries, we've seen that given the resources, Peter can make even more impressive innovations to his web-slinging arsenal.

Presumably, yeah. As for the more philosophical stuff, I think Ben's differences from Peter boil down mainly to his life experiences in the five years between his "death" in the original Clone Saga and his return at the beginning of the 90s Clone Saga informing his core personality and values.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Expanding knowledge, learning new techniques makes you smarter imo.Peter has made stuff that dwarf's Impact webbing(Alpha particles, Plasma Breeders, Cryo cubes, etc. )

Yeah, I don't remember everything but Peter on his death bed telling Ben he was a better Spider-man than he ever was the stupidest sh*t.Like no, clearly you were the better Spider-man.It's literally canon.I'm not joking.Spider-UK and Madame Webb(multiple times) have said he's the best of them and not only is he the moral lynhcpin, he defines those terms for the web and he has the most influence over the Web.Even Ben-Reilly of an alt.Earth said he was the best of them.
    I hate this trope of you were better than I ever was and degrading Peter.I hope they don't do it again but it seems like they already are and I hope if they do it shows in their sales and reviews.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-02-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

From what I here it's the 5 or so years he has a not peter.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 10:03 AM.

The difference between Ben and Peter is that this is Ben's thread of posts, in which he is supposed to be appreciated.

-Pav, who enjoys when he is...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not necessarily smarter, but not having had to spend most of his free time crimefighting, just drifting around the country trying to figure out who he was and who he wanted to be, gave him more time to tinker with the classic Spider-Man arsenal and make some innovations and improvements. Hell, as of the Big Time era and even going into Parker Industries, we've seen that given the resources, Peter can make even more impressive innovations to his web-slinging arsenal.

Presumably, yeah. As for the more philosophical stuff, I think Ben's differences from Peter boil down mainly to his life experiences in the five years between his "death" in the original Clone Saga and his return at the beginning of the 90s Clone Saga informing his core personality and values.
    Yup.Even Reed said given resources Peter could so Everything he does.And creation of Alpha Particles, a liquid metal suit that rivals Tony's best one, etc. proves that.

Any noticable things that would drastically change him in this time period:-
    1)The entire death soul thing
    2)Jackal thing
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm looking on from the outside in and every post of yours Spiderfan001 you live up to your name. You want to make Peter the smartest guy in Marvel U because some writer wanted to have smarter characters say so...cool. It just seems like you want to discredit any other character to show that Peter is better in some capacity.

This is the thread to appreciate Ben, who I'm interested in. I would think that the two characters would be as smart as each other. Being a clone and all. Just different experiences. I mean Ben is the same guy that brought back a bunch of dead people and stabilized their conditions with Happy pills. That alone has to show how smart the guy is.

I don't have much experience with Ben and he has a huge fanbase, so I'm curious to see what happens with the character. What little I've read, I liked. I just hope he gets a good support cast that sticks around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I'm looking on from the outside in and every post of yours Spiderfan001 you live up to your name. You want to make Peter the smartest guy in Marvel U because some writer wanted to have smarter characters say so...cool. It just seems like you want to discredit any other character to show that Peter is better in some capacity.

This is the thread to appreciate Ben, who I'm interested in. I would think that the two characters would be as smart as each other. Being a clone and all. Just different experiences. I mean Ben is the same guy that brought back a bunch of dead people and stabilized their conditions with Happy pills. That alone has to show how smart the guy is.

I don't have much experience with Ben and he has a huge fanbase, so I'm curious to see what happens with the character. What little I've read, I liked. I just hope he gets a good support cast that sticks around.
    He's not the smartest by a long shot.
    And I also posted feats for him.. wasn't just statements.I can PM you tons if you think this is from thin air.
    And I just don't want Peter(or any other character) to be sh*tted on to uplift someone else which marvel does a lot to Spidey.

Cool.I didn't know how that would work and thus asked.

Huge fanbase?Compared to who.Genuinely asking.

I don't think he's getting a supporting cast unless they plan to remove everything Spider-man from ASM which via description MJ, May and Black Cat are involved.Maybe they do.

You're not the first one to say that so I'll work on my wording and framing, maybe that will help.
    And please do try and back your claims.I never said they should discredit someone else or that Peter is the smartest guy in the MU.I also backed up everything I did say.