Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I just read that it seems like Ben is going back to the spotlights this year! This is great!

Has been a while, but with this, Wally being on the Flash book again and Tom Taylor's Nightwing, my favorite characters are finaly in a good place again.

https://www.gamesradar.com/ben-reill...an-beyond-era/
    Hopefully it goes much better than the last time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A more correctly rebuilt New Warriors team. As stated, that was his first team.
    I also thought Thunderbolts as a secondary option.
    Getting him out of New York so as to not overcrowd with Peter/Miles I could even see Agents of Atlas as a distant third option.
    If Champions hadn't been reformatted as a teen book I'd have said that.
    The concept of Force Works is one I like if that ever resurfaced.
    Staying with that idea I think Wild Pack w/Silver Sable might make for a nice home.

I'm now done overthinking this question.
    The original Agents of Atlas was Timely/Atlas era heroes - hence the name. The new team is all Asians. Needless to say, Ben doesn't match either group, being a 90s white character.

What about Defenders? That's similar to the 1970s Champions, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey pretty excited for Ben. Saw the promo images and it looks like he's back to his confident, blonde self. That's good. Hopefully we'll get a redemption for Ben here. Hopefully we'll get to see Kaine as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey pretty excited for Ben. Saw the promo images and it looks like he's back to his confident, blonde self. That's good. Hopefully we'll get a redemption for Ben here. Hopefully we'll get to see Kaine as well.

Yeah i do wonder what Kaine's potential role in all this would be especially since Miles Morales is jacking his SS threads....Would they possibly reset him back to full on antagonist for Ben???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hopefully it goes much better than the last time.

Well hopefully PAD's SS was Rock Bottom for Ben and we can only go up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Well hopefully PAD's SS was Rock Bottom for Ben and we can only go up from there.
    That being said, it did provide a blueprint for a more brotherly status quo for Ben and Kaine -- one that I'd like to see continue.

-Pav, who doesn't want Kaine reverting back to hatred...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The original Agents of Atlas was Timely/Atlas era heroes - hence the name. The new team is all Asians. Needless to say, Ben doesn't match either group, being a 90s white character.

What about Defenders? That's similar to the 1970s Champions, right?
    I knew about AoAtlas, both versions but one day he might fit a version of that team.
    Sure, like Avengers who couldn't be a Defender right?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

Are people basically wanting to ignore every Ben Reilly story since his death in the 90s? Ben’s been through a lot more trauma and horror since then. The last time he was in the spotlight he was disfigured and had turned evil, as a result of all the damage to his soul from his constant resurrections (see Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #25). I actually enjoyed that series, so wiping away those stories and his time as the Jackal to turn him back into blonde Spidey seems pretty pointless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Are people basically wanting to ignore every Ben Reilly story since his death in the 90s? Ben’s been through a lot more trauma and horror since then. The last time he was in the spotlight he was disfigured and had turned evil, as a result of all the damage to his soul from his constant resurrections (see Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #25). I actually enjoyed that series, so wiping away those stories and his time as the Jackal to turn him back into blonde Spidey seems pretty pointless.
    I disagree. PAD’s run ended poorly and I’d be happy to ignore it. Besides, Ben was “reset” during Spidergeddon and all his post-death trauma was erased. Lazy fix? Yes, but it was fixing something most Ben fans didn’t like about him since his botched return.

And what’s the point of anything? This is comics. The only “point” is to entertain.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Wahoo! Ben is back. I’d prefer him stay Scarlet but I’ll take what I can get!

They better finally have the brotherly heart to heart diner scene we’ve desperately needed since his Clone Conspiracy resurrection. Having Peter completely disregard his existence has driven me crazy all this time.

Incredible Member

I'll copy and paste what I put in the Beyond thread...

There's really little doubt Peter will be back in the saddle by #900. I feel some sympathy with fans who feel that Spencer's run was about clearing away a lot of the baggage that has dogged the character since One More Day and were hoping for a period of more traditional Spider-Man stories before jumping into another big status quo shift. Still Spencer could have accomplished his goal in under half the time and he personally could have told some traditional Spidey stories.

From the synopsis this does sound very Superior Spider-Man 2.0 which is strange because proving himself Peter's better was never Ben's thing. Then again neither was bringing people back from the dead in cloned bodies or cosmic games with Death so...

90% of the time whenever a hero's identity is usurped it's usually done to point out why a lot of much asked for change is a be careful what you wish for scenario and reaffirms why the original is better. That was the whole point of Superior Spider-Man and I can't help but think this will be the whole point of Beyond too. That's exactly why it can't be Miles. The character is too valuable to Marvel to send the message he's any way a lesser version of Spider-Man whereas Ben is routinely been sh*t on by Marvel since Revelations so no change there.

Still as a fan it's nice to have the character back in a mainstream role and I'm curious how Beyond fits into all this. If nothing else I think this will probably back a better jumping off point to give the character a revival series than Clone Conspiracy.

Arrow

I posted it in the Beyond thread but I'll put it here too as it is a rare positive take on Ben's latest return.

My buddy who is a HUGE FAN of Ben gives his thoughts about the announcement for "Spider-Man Beyond" -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I posted it in the Beyond thread but I'll put it here too as it is a rare positive take on Ben's latest return.

My buddy who is a HUGE FAN of Ben gives his thoughts about the announcement for "Spider-Man Beyond" -

yeah as your friend said be positive and remember this is comics nothing ever stay permanent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I'll copy and paste what I put in the Beyond thread...

There's really little doubt Peter will be back in the saddle by #900. I feel some sympathy with fans who feel that Spencer's run was about clearing away a lot of the baggage that has dogged the character since One More Day and were hoping for a period of more traditional Spider-Man stories before jumping into another big status quo shift. Still Spencer could have accomplished his goal in under half the time and he personally could have told some traditional Spidey stories.

From the synopsis this does sound very Superior Spider-Man 2.0 which is strange because proving himself Peter's better was never Ben's thing. Then again neither was bringing people back from the dead in cloned bodies or cosmic games with Death so...

90% of the time whenever a hero's identity is usurped it's usually done to point out why a lot of much asked for change is a be careful what you wish for scenario and reaffirms why the original is better. That was the whole point of Superior Spider-Man and I can't help but think this will be the whole point of Beyond too. That's exactly why it can't be Miles. The character is too valuable to Marvel to send the message he's any way a lesser version of Spider-Man whereas Ben is routinely been sh*t on by Marvel since Revelations so no change there.

Still as a fan it's nice to have the character back in a mainstream role and I'm curious how Beyond fits into all this. If nothing else I think this will probably back a better jumping off point to give the character a revival series than Clone Conspiracy.
    It'll be an interesting arc, at least, though the Beyond Corporation backing Ben as the "new" Spider-Man might lead to trouble later in light of what the Beyond Corporation was revealed to be in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers, i.e. a front for some kind of other-dimensional abomination.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah as your friend said be positive and remember this is comics nothing ever stay permanent
    I do feel better after watching his video.

Also, it must suck to be a diehard-Ben fan (I'm a casual fan of his but not a diehard). The character has been put through the wringer in recent years. I suppose I can be happy for you guys that he is getting some love. Peter will return (if he even goes away) in one form or another eventually, so, I'm going to be happy Ben gets the nod in the meantime.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."