Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 498
  1. #436
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,696

    Default

    This is spectacular . . . no, sensational . . . news!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #437
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    If it sells well we'll definitely get more like the Symbiote Spider-Man mini's.
    Hopefully, that first issue has a great Artgerm variant.

  3. #438
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    If it sells well we'll definitely get more like the Symbiote Spider-Man mini's.
    It will IMO, the writer alone makes sure of that.If they do, hopefully it's the same creative team like Symbiote.
    I do wonder how much they can fit in though, symbiote series ends w/ a mind wipe most of the times, and symbiote itself makes any memory Peter should have had an excuse since it f'ed him up.
    They can't use his cast w/out creating plot holes if they aren't careful , I sure DeMatties can pull it off though.

  4. #439
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Is thing on?
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It will IMO, the writer alone makes sure of that.If they do, hopefully it's the same creative team like Symbiote.
    I do wonder how much they can fit in though, symbiote series ends w/ a mind wipe most of the times, and symbiote itself makes any memory Peter should have had an excuse since it f'ed him up.
    They can't use his cast w/out creating plot holes if they aren't careful , I sure DeMatties can pull it off though.
    Ben's supporting cast is all but forgotten so JDM is going to have a whole lot of wiggle room here. He won't have to mindwipe anyone or find a way to sweep it all under the rug because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in Daily Grind/Jessica Carradine/Janine.

  5. #440
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Ben's supporting cast is all but forgotten so JDM is going to have a whole lot of wiggle room here. He won't have to mindwipe anyone or find a way to sweep it all under the rug because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in Daily Grind/Jessica Carradine/Janine.
    Unless it’s a self-contained adventure where he’s in the union suit from beginning to end, then he has to incorporate them at least in some fleeting way. It takes place during the time he was working at the Grind and interacting with those people. I for one am very interested in seeing that cast again, even if it’s just a handful of panels. I think many Ben fans feel the same way.

  6. #441
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Is thing on?
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I for one am very interested in seeing that cast again, even if it’s just a handful of panels. I think many Ben fans feel the same way.
    Oh yeah, since my post probably gave off the wrong impression, I meant anyone actually writing for Marvel - every time we've seen some form of Ben back whether in Spider-Verse, CC, or now this, we don't catch even a whiff of these characters.

  7. #442
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Oh yeah, since my post probably gave off the wrong impression, I meant anyone actually writing for Marvel - every time we've seen some form of Ben back whether in Spider-Verse, CC, or now this, we don't catch even a whiff of these characters.
    Funnily enough, Slott included Desiree in a flashback panel when Ben first came back during Clone Conspiracy. I think JMD has real love for these characters (I doubt PAD was even aware of their existence), so we’ll probably see some. Hard to shoehorn in Janine during the Spider-Ben era, unless it’s Ben visiting her in prison after she turned herself in after ‘Redemption’ though.

  8. #443
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Funnily enough, Slott included Desiree in a flashback panel when Ben first came back during Clone Conspiracy. I think JMD has real love for these characters (I doubt PAD was even aware of their existence), so we’ll probably see some. Hard to shoehorn in Janine during the Spider-Ben era, unless it’s Ben visiting her in prison after she turned herself in after ‘Redemption’ though.
    Ben visiting her in prison could work, and I would like to see what became of her in Beyond.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #444
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Is thing on?
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I think JMD has real love for these characters (I doubt PAD was even aware of their existence)
    The funny thing is that, if we go out there, JDM has never written them, has he (Janine aside, obviously)? I liked Redemption and all, but from my memory the Daily Grind cast didn't show up and Ben saying everyone he met were irrelevant kinda struck the wrong chord with me. I know the point is that he loved Janine that much, but still.

    Either way, he does like Ben enough that I'm sure he'd be happy just to actually work with everything that was going on with him at that time one way or another.

  10. #445
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The funny thing is that, if we go out there, JDM has never written them, has he (Janine aside, obviously)? I liked Redemption and all, but from my memory the Daily Grind cast didn't show up and Ben saying everyone he met were irrelevant kinda struck the wrong chord with me. I know the point is that he loved Janine that much, but still.

    Either way, he does like Ben enough that I'm sure he'd be happy just to actually work with everything that was going on with him at that time one way or another.
    Yes, you’re correct. ‘Redemption’ came so late in the clone saga (and plans to kill Ben) that the project was almost cancelled. Can you imagine such a stellar story never seeing the light of day? Anyway, if it takes place post-Redemption I really wonder if we’ll see a still non-powered (or sporadically powered) Peter and pregnant MJ.

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yes, you’re correct. ‘Redemption’ came so late in the clone saga (and plans to kill Ben) that the project was almost cancelled. Can you imagine such a stellar story never seeing the light of day? Anyway, if it takes place post-Redemption I really wonder if we’ll see a still non-powered (or sporadically powered) Peter and pregnant MJ.
    My guess is that depends on 74, and how all that works.Although he may sneak it in even if it doesn't work in continiuity.

  12. #447
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Is thing on?
    Posts
    184

    Default

    So I put off posting this for a while since news of JDM's Ben Reilly book came out, but all those years back in preparation for PAD's Scarlet Spider series I did a DIY monstrosity on how the series could go - if it's way too off-topic and whatnot just let me know or let moderation cast their hammer. Ironically enough, I did get ONE thing right way ahead of time most people didn't see coming. This is Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders, featuring Ben, Kaine, Aracely, the Scrier, and... no way, could it be?!



    Since CBR allows only three images per post that's a sample, and the rest is in the link below.

    Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders

  13. #448
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    So I put off posting this for a while since news of JDM's Ben Reilly book came out, but all those years back in preparation for PAD's Scarlet Spider series I did a DIY monstrosity on how the series could go - if it's way too off-topic and whatnot just let me know or let moderation cast their hammer. Ironically enough, I did get ONE thing right way ahead of time most people didn't see coming. This is Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders, featuring Ben, Kaine, Aracely, the Scrier, and... no way, could it be?!



    Since CBR allows only three images per post that's a sample, and the rest is in the link below.

    Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders
    This is absolutely *brilliantly* written and totally hilarious. How are you not doing this professionally?!!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

  14. #449
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Hummingbird is way overdue for a return (then again, so is Kaine at this point).

  15. #450
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    So I put off posting this for a while since news of JDM's Ben Reilly book came out, but all those years back in preparation for PAD's Scarlet Spider series I did a DIY monstrosity on how the series could go - if it's way too off-topic and whatnot just let me know or let moderation cast their hammer. Ironically enough, I did get ONE thing right way ahead of time most people didn't see coming. This is Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders, featuring Ben, Kaine, Aracely, the Scrier, and... no way, could it be?!



    Since CBR allows only three images per post that's a sample, and the rest is in the link below.

    Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    This is absolutely *brilliantly* written and totally hilarious. How are you not doing this professionally?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hummingbird is way overdue for a return (then again, so is Kaine at this point).
    Agreed. Would love to see all three of them together, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •