Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Ben Reilly gets his own '90s Spider-Man flashback title

https://www.gamesradar.com/ben-reill...er-man-marvel/

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I’ll be doing my happy dance. Somewhere in my office bathroom so my co-workers won’t look at me funny.

Looking forward to it. JMD is perhaps the best Ben Reilly writer.

I wonder if he'll recycle some of those Lost Years ideas that were discarded when it was decided Peter would come back as the original.
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-15-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Incredible Member

So much to speculate now. Like, just what kind of more adventures did Ben have before Revelations/his death? Did he ever reunite with Jessica again? How much more lore can they squeeze in? This is very exciting, especially when one takes in Marvels slow sliding Time Scale. This could fill in so much more gabs, give in so much more clarity with the Jackal and his more recent cloning experiments/resurrection abilities we saw in the Clone Conspiracy and more!

I don’t even know where to begin! I haven’t been this excited for a books announcement in… decades.

Mighty Member

Pav! Where are you?

This is so exciting.

Are we expecting this to be like Symbiote Spider-man where we get subsequent arcs with different titles or just a one-off? Either way, I'm here for it!
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 09-15-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Ben Reilly, the Spider-Man I grew up on alongside Peter Parker written by one of the best Spider-Man writers ever, JM DeMatteis means I'll be adding that to my pull list.

Astonishing Member

Any word on how many issues? Guessing it'll be five a time. That's how Symbiote Spider-Man is.

Previews:

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post

From JDM's Twitter.

And Baldeon's.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75 Trailer

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Idle thought time, just because it amuses me after seeing the BR:SM preview page, not because I think it'll happen...

Ben was - in the five minutes where him being Spider-Man was meant to be permanent and Spider-Man: The Final Adventure was meant to end with MJ giving birth and Peter retiring Forever - meant to be "the single Spider-Man". But these days, Miles is the young, single Spider-Man. And while Spencer's poking the OMD bear and Peter & MJ are apparently back together (if not married), them having an actual kid in-continuity is still verboten-verboten-verboten.

What if Spider-Man Beyond had Ben back with a post-prison Janine (in the time he's been off-panel, save his mask-on-only appearances in Iron Man) and they had a kid (assuming Janine got pregnant during Redemption, as in MC2)? So that *BEN* was the Spider-Man with a wife & kid?

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Pav! Where are you?

This is so exciting.

Are we expecting this to be like Symbiote Spider-man where we get subsequent arcs with different titles or just a one-off? Either way, I'm here for it!
    Long day of teaching, plus one of my favorite students came after school was let out just to talk and kinda have a therapy session -- but 4:00 rolls around, he leaves, and I decide to check these boards and HOLY HELL I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Idle thought time, just because it amuses me after seeing the BR:SM preview page, not because I think it'll happen...

Ben was - in the five minutes where him being Spider-Man was meant to be permanent and Spider-Man: The Final Adventure was meant to end with MJ giving birth and Peter retiring Forever - meant to be "the single Spider-Man". But these days, Miles is the young, single Spider-Man. And while Spencer's poking the OMD bear and Peter & MJ are apparently back together (if not married), them having an actual kid in-continuity is still verboten-verboten-verboten.

What if Spider-Man Beyond had Ben back with a post-prison Janine (in the time he's been off-panel, save his mask-on-only appearances in Iron Man) and they had a kid (assuming Janine got pregnant during Redemption, as in MC2)? So that *BEN* was the Spider-Man with a wife & kid?
    So, if Mr. DeMatteis can be believed, he tweeted earlier today that he wasn't aware that Darkdevil was the MC2 child of Ben and Janine, despite being familiar with the Spider-Girl comic. He could be throwing a swerve, but I tend to believe him.

-Pav, who is going to go disc golfing, get some burgers, go home, and read today's new comics...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Fantastic Member

Then in December, it’s new Spider-Man vs. newest Spider-Man in Saladin Ahmed and Carlos Gómez’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #81! The Beyond Corporation paid a lot of money for the Spider-Man trademark and does not take kindly to an unlicensed Spider-Man running around Brooklyn. So it’s up to Ben Reilly to take Miles Morales down."

ASM2018081cov-1-scaled.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So, if Mr. DeMatteis can be believed, he tweeted earlier today that he wasn't aware that Darkdevil was the MC2 child of Ben and Janine, despite being familiar with the Spider-Girl comic. He could be throwing a swerve, but I tend to believe him.
    Well, there's three points at work - first, it would be a Beyond plot, and JMD isn't on that writing team; second, knowing or not knowing about Darkdevil wouldn't be a prerequisite - it's something which could be arrived at independently.

And 3? I already said I don't think it'll happen...

Mighty Member

I'm really hoping that this is the first in a series of minis (a la Symbiote Spider-man) - let the first one be a stand alone, then let a second one tie into Beyond or whatever follows Beyond (I'm desperately hoping for a Scarlet Spiders series with him and Kaine). There's infinite space to create interesting Ben stories both in the third quarter of the Clone Saga (have him interact with classic villains he didn't get to in the original, introduce new team-ups, whatever), and plenty of room to hit the Lost Years, too . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm really hoping that this is the first in a series of minis (a la Symbiote Spider-man) - let the first one be a stand alone, then let a second one tie into Beyond or whatever follows Beyond (I'm desperately hoping for a Scarlet Spiders series with him and Kaine). There's infinite space to create interesting Ben stories both in the third quarter of the Clone Saga (have him interact with classic villains he didn't get to in the original, introduce new team-ups, whatever), and plenty of room to hit the Lost Years, too . . .
    If it sells well we'll definitely get more like the Symbiote Spider-Man mini's.